SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Real or Fake? Expert opinion required.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kensaitichi
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Folks,

before I fly to Senegal, arriving at 04:20 on a Sunday morning (or so he thinks) I need your opinion: is this the real photo of my lad, or is it a fake? Confused Confused Confused

He tried to send me a photo of a box "gold" he is "selling", with my name on it, which was obviously a fake. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

How about this one? Is it him?

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts

"Are you a Game Master" Samuel Dlovu

" I want to inform you that this deal is over between the both of us.I think you are stupid of wasting my time from the beginning.Am not a
fool.Just FUCK OFF.DONT WRITE ME AGAIN" Brown Howard

"Now i can see that you are nothing but and jocker and you are never ready to recieve your atm card dont you ever contact me again because all the MTCN NUMBERS you are giving to me are all fake. If you still do I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE POLICE FORCE." Mr. Greg Solomon

You irrelevant irritated 😣 bush pig 🐷 your Greedy and lack of sense now make u a cowed and now you Dnt seems to understand your name simply means Irritating 😠 Vagabond Of rashes. Davies Gibson
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the sign definitely looks fake.

The whole thing looks photo-shopped to me (and a very poor job at it).

But that' just my opinion.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm saying fake. Look at tthe shadow of the top edge of the paper. It is too straight and appears to be graphically enhanced. When the paper leaves the area of his body it should drop off entirely, not continue to cast shadow in line on a background that is at a distance.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah--and you can see where he tried to touch up things around his head and his right side (right side looking at him).

And the sign is definitely fake

EDIT: And his hands don't even look real. Look at 'em. The right one looks way wrong...

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

140% Fake. Slap him! Evil or Very Mad Tell him your friend the graphic artist says it's fake, too. OoopS! Did you break the "secrecy rule?" Tell him to get serious. Smile

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not so sure - the sign is hand-written (not a font, too variable, look at the A's for instance), and by the time you hand-write a sign and photograph it and photoshop it on a crappy cafe computer using MSPaint, you may as well take the photo.

If a lad photochopped that, he'd be working as a design guru in ladland, too seamless.

Can anyone check the EXIF data to make sure?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with manbiteslion. Lads are lazy. If they think such a request is reasonable, why go to the trouble of faking the photo?
It may not be a photo of your lad though.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this the original image, or have you converted it in anything to be the right size? I don't see any EXIF in the image.

Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I wasnt getting any EXIF data either - I thought my program had gone wonky.

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first saw it I thought real, I work for a web design agency so pretty familiar with photoshop. It's possible that it's been sharpened/compressed for web, but I think the body holding sign, and sign is real.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kensaitichi wrote:

fake. Fake. FAKE.

you can see the grey artifact pixels at the top of the sign. they extend to the (as we see it) right PAST his arm. no CCD would ever catch a picture with pixel smear that bad.

cheers

grimbleton

EDITED: above the "G" in the word WAITING

Last edited by grimbleton on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I cant see where you mean Confused

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

evil_sheep wrote:
I cant see where you mean Confused

the black/grey line that follows the left side of the sign and continues up over the top and beyond the edge of his left arm.

(if i wasn't sneaking time here rather than doing what i SHOULD be doing, i'd edit the image with a circle around the bits to which i am referring.)

cheers

grimbleton

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

grimbleton wrote:
the black/grey line that follows the left side of the sign and continues up over the top and beyond the edge of his left arm.

Isn't the technical term for that grey line, a 'shadow'? Front flash-lit, I don't see it looking like a bad chop, just a bad photo.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To me it looks legit.. that just looks like a charcoal or some type of pen that wrote on that.. theat looks real.

If it is a photoshop - quite good for lad work and a lot of time was put into it if anything - so either way you wasted the lads time!

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Isn't the technical term for that grey line, a 'shadow'? Front flash-lit, I don't see it looking like a bad chop, just a bad photo.

i've never known a shadow to manifest itself in clear air. (the air in LA? you can CHEW that stuff. but a shadow in clear air? not gonna happen.)

what we got here is a failure to communicate...

(i always loved that line) i guess i'm having a hard time putting into words what i'm perceiving with my mind('s eye). of course, the imprecision of language is what allows poets to earn a living. Very Happy

i guess the primary question was answered. my OPINION is that it is a fake. Wink

cheers

grimbleton

EDITED: the quote went all 6th-dimensional on me.

Last edited by grimbleton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

grimbleton wrote:
i've never known a shadow to manifest itself in clear air. (the air in LA? you can CHEW that stuff. but a shadow in clear air? not gonna happen.)

I'm really curious now, any chance you can point it out with arrows? I'm obviously misunderstanding!

What I see is a slight shadow cast on the lad, then on the curtain he's really right in front of, flashgun off to the right of the shot at a similar height to the lens, which is why it casts short of the end of the sign, but casts a shadow on the curtain to the left and top of the lad. But hey, who cares? Smile

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
Is this the original image, or have you converted it in anything to be the right size? I don't see any EXIF in the image.

Original image, as attached to lad's email, uploaded to photobucket, no changes.

" I want to inform you that this deal is over between the both of us.I think you are stupid of wasting my time from the beginning.Am not a

"Now i can see that you are nothing but and jocker and you are never ready to recieve your atm card dont you ever contact me again because all the MTCN NUMBERS you are giving to me are all fake. If you still do I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE POLICE FORCE." Mr. Greg Solomon

You irrelevant irritated 😣 bush pig 🐷 your Greedy and lack of sense now make u a cowed and now you Dnt seems to understand your name simply means Irritating 😠 Vagabond Of rashes. Davies Gibson
OfffffTopic
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

manbiteslion wrote:
grimbleton wrote:

I'm really curious now, any chance you can point it out with arrows? I'm obviously misunderstanding!

What I see is a slight shadow cast on the lad, then on the curtain he's really right in front of, flashgun off to the right of the shot at a similar height to the lens, which is why it casts short of the end of the sign, but casts a shadow on the curtain to the left and top of the lad. But hey, who cares? Smile

I think you're both looking at the same thing.

I think its the shadow. It looks like the shadow is floating in mid air, or should drop off behind the guy, but if it was shot with a flash from directly in front, the shadow would project onto the wall behind it like that. It looks real enough to me.

To the OP, could you post the obviously fake picture of the gold? If that one is easy to spot, then it would be good to check it against this pic too...

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not believe it is fake.

In all the years I have seen pics, Ive never come across a lad that could photoshop (if it was photoshopped) this well.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
kensaitichi
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

To the OP, could you post the obviously fake picture of the gold? If that one is easy to spot, then it would be good to check it against this pic too...

The gold may be real (really?) but the photo is an obvious fake, just a generic internet image with my name & date type in.

I'm "flying" to Senegal, arriving Sunday 04:20. But maybe they'll "stop me in customs", because I'm "carrying $170,000", send me back to Marocco, maybe the lad will travel to meet me in Marocco. Hehehe. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

sharky1969
Eager Beaver Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kensaitichi wrote:
Folks,

before I fly to Senegal, arriving at 04:20 on a Sunday morning (or so he thinks) I need your opinion: is this the real photo of my lad, or is it a fake? Confused Confused Confused

He tried to send me a photo of a box "gold" he is "selling", with my name on it, which was obviously a fake. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I am a photographer,
Look at the left side of his head and you can see a shadow which is usually caused by the flash. Now look down the left of his body ! NO SHADOW !
This has been doctored.
The piece of paper looks very suspicious. Ask for another one, but painted on his chest etc.

but you naver send the money to me forget me please you are a big scam

Those bank people they are very very stupid ,they keep on sending me
form to fill

me know you are send fake MTCN to the bank that is not the not MTCN you are playing Game

Also, do note that we are a profit oriented company and to efficiently and speedily deliver your package to you, the cost of delivering ( C.O.D) your winnings has to be paid.
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok... i did a quick and dirty chop and scratch on the pic.

the arrow points to the weird-looking artifact/shadow/whatever that extends past his left arm.

also, the red "L"-on-its-side looking bit is the black line that just doesn't look right.

i guess under particular circumstances, the shadow could "extend" like that. but i'm havin' a hard time seeing it do something goofy like that.

cheers

grimbleton

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about them using a crappy camera (low mega pixel) maybe even film, and then a low-res scanner? I am sure defects and artifacts could appear this way.

But I agree *IF* this is faked.. then this is some damn good photoshopping that would have taken a lad a little while to get take care of or cost something to the lad.

I am having slightly second thoughs on the paper.. does look like something has been done to it.. but not quite sure..

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lester wrote:
What about ... I am sure defects and artifacts could appear this way.

good points there as well.

cheers

grimbleton

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic