SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Why do Romance Lads want to talk on Instant messenger?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Percival Custard
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's in it for them? I'm not averse to it but this one lad seems quite pushy to get me on the IM.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It allows them to create the illusion of a relationship and set up the background story much more quickly. This means they can move to the money request stage sooner.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

they can also verify that you are who you are (ip is shown on their computer) if they are that smart, some are Exclamation I had one trying to hack in my computer while on yahoo. Ilike the smarter ones, they teach me a lot, but it takes a long time to find a nice one Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But also they are lazy sacks of crap, they don't have type so much (If you are using voice), and they don't have to remember what was said.

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
hunuamumu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes be very careful on IM's, and don't underestimate the dedication of a lazy pile of crap to remain that way. Be careful if you get booted out of a chat. Chances are that if you try to log back in what you will be looking at is a fake page that will record your username and pass if you log in. If you get booted out, reboot your system before going back in. This way you have broken any alternate data streams (hopefully). Might not hurt to unplug and re - plug your ethernet connection as well. Can't be too careful. Taking you to messenger is also a way to beat the competition. I've had many on dating sites tell me they want me to close my site account and talk to only them on YM (et al). Also, there is always Vidalia (Tor), or IP spoofing programs if you want to keep your identity and/or location a secret. I think the smartest thing to do is to use a live Linux cd like Puppy Linux that operates entirely in the cloud. You can keep your Main OS because this runs entirely out of memory and nothing is written to your hard drive. If you have a problem, just disengage the cd and you're out clean. If anyone wants instructions on how to create a live Linux distro just ask. It's easy really. Also will turn some old relic of a pc you might have lying around into a speed demon as the entire operating system is about 100mb and are quite good a detecting old hardware. I've run them with as little as 64mb's of ram. You can also put them on a usb drive.
Happy hunting Twisted Evil

Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I understand it, a lad is not likely to be able to trace your IP address through YIM, unless you send or receive attachments through it. (Easily dealt with: fail to receive any photo he sends you, and tell him to email it.) But even if he did see your IP address - would it be a problem? My own is static, and specific to this PC (the others in the house also have their own), but I've sent emails to lads revealing it - it points to London or Yorkshire, depending on which locating site you use. I don't live in London, nor Yorkshire.

I can get booted out of any chat programme: I have a fluctuating electricity supply and a fluctuating internet connection, thanks to all cables threading their way through very mobile trees. It's not a problem.

Yes, you're right, hunuamumu, another advantage of a lad getting you on chat is that you probably don't have any time spare to write to/chat to other wo/men. The same can work in reverse, of course - especially if your character won't tolerate any pauses in chat (while he types lines to other victims). I've had a lad on chat for six hours solid, and insisted upon rapt attention throughout.

That was for a specific reason, though. Out of all love lads I've baited, I've only ever chatted to three of them. Out of my five sandtimer love lads, I've chatted to one of them once; and another of them on a handful of occasions - once to reassure him after a dollar chop (that was the six-hour stint), and otherwise to ask him specific questions about Nigeria, or for a Yoruba translation. I don't normally do chat. I'm not prepared to put in that amount of my time on a lad.

My baits are MY baits. Lads need to do things my way.

If you love chat; are good at taking and maintaining control of the conversation; and it is an entertaining way to pass an evening for you .... why not? Like with email baiting: have a purpose and a goal, and see if you can achieve it. But if you don't like chat: don't do it. It's your bait, not his scam. You call the shots.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
hunuamumu
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, chat requires too much effort and the possibility of having to do things on other peoples terms. Not to mention the possibility of becoming infected. For those of you using Windows 32 bit systems and are into chat I would recommend using Windows Steady State. It's only going to be available until this Dec. and then updated for another year past that. You can still use it forward but it won't be updated. You can find it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d077a52d-93e9-4b02-bd95-9d770ccdb431&displaylang=en
Warning!!! Make sure you are using a GENUINE MICROSOFT SYSTEM THAT WILL PASS THE GENUINE ADVANTAGE TEST, or you will have to reset oobe, slic, or wat, or whatever depending on the OS (not that it's hard to do but why waste the time if you're using crackware).

Steady State is like Deep Freeze and similar programs that allow you to enter risky environments and they keep anyone from writing anything to your hard drive, changing settings, etc. What happens is you go into an environment like YM and do as you please (risking infection by filesharing etc.), and then upon ending your session you simply reboot your pc and it returns to its previous state. Kind of like virtual system restore except it happens every time you reboot. You can still download etc., it's just added protection.
You do need to have some alternate data stream to resolve a lads IP in chat (any chat) be it pic sharing, voice chat, file sharing, or webcam. By using the command line. It's not hard and I will send anyone the instructions if you want them. Remember though, it's a double - edged sword as you will be mutually engaged. You will operate under the assumption that the lad (or lass as the case may be), doesn't know how to do this as well. It's really a matter of knowing which port to look for using the switched netstat command. There are also some small programs available that add a GUI to the process if you're not comfortable with command line
Happy hunting!! Shocked
hunu

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic