SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Who wants a donation--massbait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The animal shelter I work for receives a very high volume of scams, and at this point, most are quite obvious even to those who don't deal with scams on a daily basis.

Sometimes, however, I run across one that I know has the potential to fool one of the other people who check email or one of the small rescue groups I work with. These are the ones I believe deserve special treatment.

This is one of those--I know it's a scam, but it's nowhere near as obvious. Checking around, it looks like the scammer got hold of an animal shelter/ rescue target list, and in today's financial climate when the rescue community as a whole is dealing with higher than ever animal intakes and reduced donations and adoptions, I wouldn't be surprised to see some fall for it. It just came today--I don't know if it will turn into straight advance fee or fake check.

So--to anyone who has a "special" animal charity needing funding (e.g. the "Save the Dust Bunnies" club), I would like to offer this opportunity to get your organization the funding it so richly deserves...

Of course it's gmail so no info to be gained from the headers.

-------- Original Message --------
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Donation Inquiry.
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:10:59 -0800
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
Return-Path: [email protected]

Hi,

I am looking to make a one time cash donation to support a non profit charity or rescue group.

I would love to know more about your work and why you think this donation would be beneficial to your work.

Regards,

John Hamilton.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Once my (fake) charity website is up and running, my charity "Revron technologies" will most happy to take some of these lads off your hands.

They will be asking asking for money into the research for a cure for F.U.R.B (Funny Unusual Rectal Blockages). I'll keep you posted

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the heads up.
A holiday project worthy of attention.
A practice piece for learning techie stuff, maybe even this Photoshop I've read about here.

Hmm.
I wonder if the SS camps admin. would consider setting up a Save the African Wildlife or similar?

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dorothy, what makes you 100% certain that this is a scammer?

Yes, I too have seen enough lad emails that this looks suspicious to me also, but it doesn't really seem certain. Have you baited him to the Western Union stage already so you can be sure?

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
auguste
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Not 100% proof , but John Hamilton has been dead for 40 years now. Dead men don't do donations.
Of course it could also be some person that happened to have been named exactly the same as the famous actor...
Then there is
http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=184496
And lastly the email adress shows up on scamwarners...
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2703
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for posting that Auguste!

Jammy, I haven't been around much lately, but I don't post requests like these unless I am certain. This is one case where the scammer was actually kind enough to save me the trouble of intensive research to verify that it is a scam.

We have a few scammers who have tried to approach the shelter multiple times from various angles or formats using the same character names. The addresses may change, but I don't even have to read the emails to know they are scams just because of the names. This is one of them. (Of course the email reads like a scam too--I have been managing the shelter's emails for several years and would have flagged this either way as it is most definitely not a normal donation approach).

This scammer was brilliant enough use the same husband and wife names for both that standard puppy scam I posted in SW a few months ago, and this more recent donation scam (which I will post at SW after allowing some bait time). He also sent to the exact same addresses (multiple addresses from our website, same ones both times) that I check at my shelter, a couple of which are topic-specific and clearly not for donation discussions--obviously he is trying to get his money's worth out of the shelter/rescue mailing list he acquired.

But, since many groups don't have one person consistently monitoring email, or have someone reading email who doesn't keep track of scammers, this one, with its less obvious format, is more dangerous.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone has lost him, he is sending out the exact same format under a new address:
[email protected]

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this email from John Hamilton.

It also might be someone who is interested in seeing how other non-profit animal organizations present themselves to potential donors. They may be trying to get your grant proposals and any other creative and proprietary documents you use to generate funds.

Beware of this kind of stuff because it might be someone wanting to harvest your valuable information for lots of different reasons.

Best always,
Glasschimes:)
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I don't know if it will turn into straight advance fee or fake check.

I'd lay odds on it.

I go by this premise. Anyone serious about giving a donation to a small local charity is going to firstly phone the charity up from the same city, not from Central Africa. They also most probably will have heard of you from someone you already know, and maybe have already got involved in what you do. You would most probably already have talked to them personally and know them by sight. Wandering philanthopists are quite rare.
Secondly if they were a serious dontaor, they would walk in and sign a check for you or hand over cash without this e-mail your details bullshit.

Quote:
It also might be someone who is interested in seeing how other non-profit animal organizations present themselves to potential donors. They may be trying to get your grant proposals and any other creative and proprietary documents you use to generate funds.

What by sending three line e-mails? Oh do come on. Meeow, I love cats.

Smile

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apologies for the minor necro but I just realized this thread had popped up again when checking to see if I had posted him (another email today). Still sending exact same format but email has dropped by 1 ... [email protected]

But for our newest poster (sorry can't see whole history on my palm and can't remember your name) if you read the original thread you will see the email addresses already established that this is a 419 scammer.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

our rather small and needy group nearly fell for this guy! don't imagine we'd be stupid enough to fall for giving him and money, but it would have been time wasted and of cause maybe he would have got money out of us somehow.
a google of the message word for word produced this forum.
Thanks guys, you've saved our asses!
Leeds animal rescue xxx

ps message came from -> "John Hamilton" <[email protected]>

pps only joined to say thanks, probably wont remember to ever log on again. x
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear that you found out this was a scam.

Locking this before someone else necro's it.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic