SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

craigslist sacm, going to send me $

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is probably old news for people in this forum, but I haven't found the exact thing searching the forum. Maybe I'm not searching properly. Anyway, this guy wants to pay me in advance for computer repairs, and usually it looks so much like a scam, I don't bother to return emails, but I did recently. Heres some of the exchange.
--- begin scam email from Brad Anderson--

As soon as you get the payment on Friday, take it to your bank and get it deposited at your bank acct, Immediately it clears to your acct which i believe won't take more than 1-2 bu
siness days to clear... which after you will deduct your workmanship and get the balance send to the shipping agent's information via Western union and get back to me with the transfer details as requested for so they can ship out the units to you for you to start working on them...I hope you will show professionalism in your profession when you get the laptops...I hope you will understand me now.

Thanks once again.
------------end scam email from Brad Anderson--
I suppose he'll send me a bad check or something.
~~ Nehmo
419ers are scum
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a check scam to me!!
Captain Koek
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nehmo, welcome to 419Eater.
Your guess is very likely correct; this looks like a fake check scam.
He'll send you a fake check. You bring it to your bank. Your bank is legally obliged to pay you within a certain number of days (depending on the country you're in). You then send part of the money to the scammer via Western Union, which will be completely untraceable.
After a while, it is discovered that the check is fake and your bank will come back to you to claim back the money you got and you could even be prosecuted for check fraud.

Anyway, if you want to start scam baiting, be sure to read all the stickies and Eater University and apply for a mentor.

"I am waiting" (x13) - impatient lad

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here or here to donate
Ima is the best! (Rover's a close second now)
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He just send me 2 money orders $740 each payable to me. I have to admit, they look like legit MOs. MoneyGram international money order. They are not from an inkjet printer. We, of course, never agreed on that amount for anything.
~~ Nehmo
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They were sent priority mail, by the way.
~~ Nehmo
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep them as trophies, DO NOT CASH!! No matter how legit they look.

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I second the DO NOT CASH. Personally i would burn/shred them but if you keep them as trophy, take a marker and write 'fake' across the back, should they ever be found, no-one can blame you for keeping a stash of fake money orders.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's a similar report at Scamwarners. Click
Don't even think of baiting him as he has your real life details. I'd just tell him that your bank told you they were fake and that you know he's a scammer.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
rocknrollnobody
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DO NOT CASH THOSE ORDERS.

DO NOT BAIT THIS GUY.

He will at the very least have your name and address. Baiting him is not an option.

Also, the Money Orders and likely to be either fakes, or if they are real, the funds will have likely been obtained by criminal activity.

Cut all contact with him.

Keep the orders, admire them, frame them, and have them as a conversational piece in your living room.

[Free portrait of you with sexy goats!]

"WESTERN UNIN SAY IT FAKE AND YOU LIE. THEY LAUGH AND I FEEL FOOL. I WAIT FOR 5 HOUR TO GET WESTERN OFFICE AND YOU TRICK ME. I AM HIGH RESPECTED BANK OFFICIAL AND YOU TRICK ME WITH LIES AND FAKERY" - C0llin Sh1elds (a high respected bank official, apparently)
"I hope this is not another game as i do not have time for such games as i mean business here. I would not want to commence on a never ending journey or an uncompleted project with an unserious man." - Barrister Joseph Goldsmith doesn't want a never-ending project. Shame...
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fakes, guaranteed. He wants you to cash them and send him money by WU before the bank flag them as fake (which they will, it just takes time), by which time you're paying unauthorised overdraft fees and duff cheque proceedings start against you and the lad has gone, long gone.

All the talk of honour and professionalism really gets my goat - slimebag wants to leave you trying to do the right thing and honest business in debt and under arrest.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not worried about someone having my "real life details" like my address, phone #, and name. All that is readily available to anyone. I don't see how the scammer can do anything to me. Besides, considering his grammatical errors, he's probably not even in the US. This is probably orchestrated from outside the US.
Interesting how good the money orders look. they look real and I have plenty of experience with documents and printing. He has an actual money order printing machine like the stores have. Of course, this doesn't make the money order real.
To allay some people's concerns, I definitely KNOW this is something phony.

I sent him an email reply:
---begin emails, some are his; some are mine--

My reply to scammer is first:

I got a letter from you. I didn't open it yet, but I assume it's the check you referred to. I won't have a bill for work done until I do the work, or at least until I know exactly what work I'm going to to.
Now, you want me to deposit this check without having done anything yet? Usually, I do the work, then I get paid.

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:34:53 -0700
Subject: Re: CHECK DELIVERED!!!
To: [email protected]

, The check as been delivered, Let me know if you did get it and when will you go and deposit it into your bank acct and lets waits for the check to clear which i believe won't take more than 1-2business days to clear....so we can proceed with the shipping processes....Thanks
----end emails
~~ Nehmo
JadeFalcon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to frighten you or anyone, but just because a lad isn't in the US doesn't mean he doesn't have friends or a gang in the US.

Best practice is to DROP ANYONE who has RL details

"fo rizzle my j-fizzle" - BluthBanana

"I am tired of all this questions you do ask me all the time.You ask question like a small kid." - Michael Jonathan, avatarlad

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Come on...You know you want an ORANGE name!</a>
RIP Steward. Never forget.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to say it, but JadeFalcon is right - one of the things that makes 419Eater different from other baiting sites is that we NEVER allow members to bait using real life details. We have to find a place to draw the line, and to keep things simple, that's where we draw it for everyone.

There are plenty of lads out there, why not dump this one and pick up one of the millions of fresh ones with a new, fake ID, and gain revenge on scammerkind instead?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm responding to the issue of using "real life details". Naturally, I'm using my real name because I always use my real name. I didn't deliberately "bate" this scam. The ad I posted for computer repair is a real ad. I really do computer repairs. Thus, I wouldn't be able to *catch* anyone using a fake name. I'm not in the business of catching people, and I don't publish fake ads to catch people.
I don't understand what you mean by "drawing the line". Are you saying anybody who uses their real name can't participate in the forum? I don't get it.
~~ Nehmo
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are using your real name and details to mess with these individuals, then you are not baiting them and you will, more than likely, become a victim. If not of a scam, then very likely harassment that will ruin your business and your name.

Just because you are currently dealing with low level scammers, you will more than likely be passed up the chain to the real professionals. If you make these people mad and they have your real details, you can expect that they will start running scams pretending to be you, if for no other reason than to give their scam credibility.

If you do not believe me, search the forums for "Derek Trotter". Shivermetimbers (the founder of this site), baited some scammers using the name Derek Trotter. The scammers, believing that Shiver/Derek was actually a well known art dealer in the UK, decided to assume his identity for the purpose of scamming people. http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74918

Your name and business name will likely wind up on Scamwarners and/or other anti-fraud sites. If someone decides to google your name/info before using your services, they will believe that you are a scammer. Not too good for business in any economy, much less the current one.

In short, you are free to do as you wish, but if it goes against the rules/guidelines/safe-practices of this forum, you may not post about it here. My best advice to you is to listen to the excellent advice that has already been given. Wink

And welcome to Eater. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moneygram money orders have certain anti fraud features. Take them to an MG office. VERIFY. I believe you will find the body heat/friction activated feature does not function. Very Happy

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please listen to the advice given.

These people are not just harmless nuisances, but very dangerous criminals who haven't hesitated to kidnap and kill victims in the past.

YOU GO SLEEP YOU NO GO WAKE UP AGAIN
SEE YOU ASS IN HELL fucking tax payer ..
REJOICE IN HELL - Jack L1n (Mr.)
Enough fooling around with yourself. Your parents and family are Fucking scammer!
You are a white baboon,that doesn't even take
shower.
-Miss Gbagbo, Christian.
I NEVER SEE ANIMAL LIKE YOU. Your papa be castrated so he no make more like you!
Easter Egg 2012 - Robert Miller, philanthropist Closed lad accounts
"I am okay but had a little fracture on our last operation." - Capt. Highliner
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nehmo wrote:
He just send me 2 money orders $740 each payable to me.

scan them, plaster "FAKE" or "FRAUD" on the scans at various strategic spots and post them as online trophies! yay!

then take the originals and frame them and hang them over your mantle (or if you don't have a mantle, then some other equally suitable spot and keep them as meatspace trophies.

cheers

grimbleton

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

US??? DANGEROUS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Listen, you owe me a new keyboard rookie! LOL_sign

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here's the latest exchange. And to those people who warn me about this guy having my name and that being something to worry about, I'm not worried. I've had much bigger enemies than this nobody. And having my name is not enough to do anything to me. Thousands of people have my name.

----- begin emails

sacmmer:
I need you to open it because i send you money order for the job and i need you to cash it at your bank and get back to me so that the shipping agent can ship out the computer because the money order is for the shipping and fix of the laptop

thanks

my message that scammer replies to:
I got a letter from you. I didn't open it yet, but I assume it's the check you referred to. I won't have a bill for work done until I do the work, or at least until I know exactly what work I'm going to to.
Now, you want me to deposit this check without having done anything yet? Usually, I do the work, then I get paid.
---- end emails..
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:
Moneygram money orders have certain anti fraud features. Take them to an MG office. VERIFY. I believe you will find the body heat/friction activated feature does not function. Very Happy

I called, and of course, the money order is not valid." MoneyGram has an automated system to do this, which can be accessed by calling 1-800-542-3590" There's a circle that you rub to see if an icon appears. That doesn't work either.
Anyway, there's not much else to do with this guy. Should I ask him for info or something? He already send me a name to Western Union to. Big deal. I'm sure it's fake. I'm going to offer to meet him. I'll say I'm traveling to Texas.
~~ Nehmo
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I search turns up http://www.bloggernews.net/16093
I suppose they send out hundreds of fake money orders. Maybe a few percent work somehow for them. There doesn't seem to be anybody(law enforcement) concerned with catching them.
~~Nehmo
grimbleton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nehmo wrote:
I'll say I'm traveling to Texas.

you should. texas is nice in the autumn. in the piney woods (eastern TX) or in central TX (around san an).

cheers

grimbleton

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He or she, I suppose, send me another email saying keep me (that's him) posted. There's nothing else I can do except tell him I recognize what he's doing. I'll say I want in on the scam. I'm going to tell him...You know, he's going to find this thread someday, maybe. He's really bad at English. I'm going to send an email saying he needs to cut me in.
~~ Nehmo
Nehmo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent:
---start sent message---

I prefer to do business by phone. What's your number?
---end sent message----
But he won't call. He'll just send a stupid message saying he must use email.
On the next exchange, I'll ask him if I can get in on the scam.
~~ Nehmo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic