SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

help name an injured cat!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Cat With 3 Buttocks!!

Sorry, running out of ideas!!

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And the winner is:

Bill2 with Ady!

I brought the suggestion list to some of the volunteers and they chose--but I know that Eight and some of the other name suggestions that are unique will probably end up on other cats in the next few months...

Here he is with his surgery stitches--tomorrow the stitches come out and the e-collar comes off --yay!

frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He came through it Very Happy I hope he finds his spark again soon. He looks more alert now, which is big progress from looking half dead and out of it. Things can only get better.

Just out of interest Dorothy - how do vets manage pain relief for a cat?

@hris Madi Good measure press down shaken together running over shall men lay unto your bosom Shocked
Mrs L*g@d: Please don't make us look stupid in the face of our colleauges okay
Mr L*g@d: I will like you to know that we love you okay
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back from my vacation beers!

Dorothy
Good to see that you came to a conclusion - Now we can just hope that you will soon find a good home for Ady.

I adopted my own cat from a cat shelter - She wasn't "advertising" herself too well, so she would have been put down in less than week, if nobody would care to adopt her.

DungDigger
Most cats put up the hell of a fight if you hurt them. But they will do anything to act normal once the pain is there, so I guess it isn't easy to tell if a cat is in pain Confused

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:
"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, MUGU?

Closed lad accounts X 4 - My first ones - Same lad, nice guy Smile
Closed lad accounts X 2 - From same hitlad Smile

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
THE PROBLEM IS I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENT - Hitlad
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops, Chuda's post made me realize I didn't reply to DD's question.

Cats do sometimes give indicators of pain, and we do medicate. Since they can't handle n-said's, usually the vet will prescribe torbutrol or an opiate. Some will use metacam by injection post-surgery. A few prescribe metacam orally, but there are many people (myself included) who have an issue with that because it has been tied to many cases of kidney failure.

edit due to some strange text.

Last edited by Dorothy on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuda, the killer cat
Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Another issue here is that a cat will not realise that it's balance may be influenced by drugs. So it will happily try to walk a 2 cm. edge as it's used to. And still with it's balance influenced, it will fall down and NOT land land on it's feet (causing further injuries). So you have to confine a sedated cat to a room where it can't do "cat walks". That might be more stressful to a cat than to endure the pain in the comfort of some safe place.

My cat cat tried to dig her way through the floor some 3 or 4 hours after she was neutralised. That is with some 10 stitches in her belly! I wouldn't even think of such activities the first week after I had my appendix removed!

She preferred the comfort of my lap, and would "gently" let her claws sink into my thighs if I tried to move her - Ouch Shocked

But being a lion, the most powerful predator in the world I would bite your MUGU head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:

YOU GET EXTRA HURTY DEATH AFTERR YOU WORDS - Hitbadger - Now one of us, you're so welcome Exclamation
GET ME MONEY THEM I WILL TELL YOU WERE HE HIS, JUST MONEY ANY ABOUT BECAUSE I HATE THAT BUSTARD. - Same hitlad Smile
Goat Golden Goat
Baiting Badger
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

am a bit late being new....but i would have called it

Lazarus

with its near death experience Wink
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries BB,

I am keeping the name suggestions for future cats--and there will be others (although they are usually hit by cars, not injured by collars).

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's the cats win when you name it like that.
Aint Dead Yet or Ady for short is a good name for an animal. All the frozen calves, barbwired horses and badgered dogs I named like that are still around, happy, healthy, not always good looking, very confused and very alive. Confused as it isn't sure who I need when I hauler ADY!! Laughing

Good luck, now it needs some hair and a a lot of TLC and it will be just fine.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so glad kitty pulled through and now has been properly named! happy crowd

I am curious though, is he having to re-learn balance? Not so much because of the loss of his leg, but his tail? No matter, I'm sure he will learn to adapt -- animals are amazing.

Several years ago a friend's dachshund puppy suffered a fall from a second story balcony, landing on a concrete porch. His right left leg and right testicle were crushed and had to be removed. He's fine now and doesn't know the difference -- he'll chase a tennis ball all day long, using his back leg almost like a paddle. He's so fast that most of my pictures of him are a blur! I affectionately call him "Uniball." Very Happy

As for cat collars, my cat doesn't wear one anymore. When she was young she was keen on climbing the large live oak tree in the back yard -- every time she came down, the breakaway collar would stay in the tree. I gave up after three of them, and if I look high up I can still see each one. She's older now and doesn't climb the tree, and I'll be sad when they weather to the point where they fall down, but that's life.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

within three months you'll have to look twice to notice anything different when standing, walking slow she might show an uneven walk, but she won't know that, they adapt to what they got and not think about what was or could have been, lucky b@stards Smile

Craziest cat ever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFae wrote:
I am curious though, is he having to re-learn balance? Not so much because of the loss of his leg, but his tail? No matter, I'm sure he will learn to adapt -- animals are amazing.

Cats can easily live without a tail - I know of two places that are famous for their tailless cats: Isle of Man and in this location http://www.reersoe.dk/k1_engmenu.html

So don't worry cats might appear cute and to some extend vulnerable, but they are still close to perfection as predators also with regards to adaptation skills.

Goat Golden Goat
alexi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A bt late for suggestions now but I thought of Nelson.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I like Nelson!

I'm just glad Ady will be OK. As for tailless cats -- I learn something new in these forums every day! Thanks for the link, Chuda -- I couldn't read anything, but the pics were adorbs. Thumbs up

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFae wrote:
I affectionately call him "Uniball." Very Happy

Way to make the poor dog self conscious... Laughing Made me wince though.

TheFae whose cat like trees wrote:
As for cat collars, my cat doesn't wear one anymore. When she was young she was keen on climbing the large live oak tree in the back yard -- every time she came down, the breakaway collar would stay in the tree. I gave up after three of them, and if I look high up I can still see each one. She's older now and doesn't climb the tree, and I'll be sad when they weather to the point where they fall down, but that's life.
Shocked

Your cat obviously was trying to brighten up the tree with some decorations. Cats have their own form of "fashion sense". Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic