SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are goats infecting eggs?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Egg recall in US grows to half a billion

Markets around the US are warning customers about the egg recall
Half a billion eggs in the US have been recalled in an investigation into a salmonella outbreak, which now includes two farms in the state of Iowa.

Iowa's Hillandale Farms announced it was recalling 170 million eggs after tests confirmed salmonella.

The news follows a recall of 380 million eggs by another Iowa farm earlier this week.

A spokeswoman for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said the two cases are linked.

Regulators said salmonella cases have increased threefold since May.

Continue reading the main story Related storiesEgg sickness 'likely to spread'Major egg recall extended in US
About 2,000 salmonella cases were reported between May and July, roughly 1,300 more than usual, the Centers for Disease Control said.

The newest recall from Hillandale Farms applies to eggs sold between April and August.

The salmonella strains causing the illnesses are the same from both farms, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

Hillandale Farms said the eggs were distributed under five different names in 14 US states, while Wright County Egg announced this week the company distributes its product under more than a dozen names.

The recent outbreak could be caused by rodents, shipments of contaminated hens, or tainted feed, says Cornell University microbiology professor Patrick McDonough.

Continue reading the main story “Start QuoteI would anticipate that we will be seeing more illnesses reported likely as a result of this outbreak”
End Quote Dr Christopher Braden Centers for Disease Control
Mr McDonough told the Associated Press news agency it is not uncommon for outbreaks to have multiple sources because both farms could have rodent problems or have feed that was contaminated.

Increasing illnesses

Centers for Disease Control (CDC) officials warn that salmonella cases may increase.

"I would anticipate that we will be seeing more illnesses reported likely as a result of this outbreak," said Dr Christopher Braden of the CDC.

Cases that occurred after mid-July may not have been reported yet, Dr Braden told reporters.

But he also said that not all of the roughly 2,000 reported cases of the bacteria-borne disease could be linked to the outbreak.

Hillandale Farms eggs are distributed under the names Sunny Farms, Sunny Meadow, Wholesome Farms, West Creek, and Hillandale Farms.

And Wright County Egg eggs are packaged under the names Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph's, Boomsma's, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms and Kemp.

Salmonella poisoning can be deadly for people with compromised immune systems, but no deaths have so far been reported.

Proper cooking can kill the bacteria, but authorities recommend discarding or returning any potentially affected eggs.

The US Egg Safety Center has information on which eggs US consumers should avoid.

Anybody in the UK remember Edwina Currie and the salmonella outbreak in the UK, i don't remember them recalling any eggs.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I don't recall any 'free range' eggs being affected, maybe factory farming is being exposed?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember "Eggwina Curry" and the Salmonella outbreak. As I remember it they didn't recall any eggs but just gave advice to thoroughly cook them and don't make anything out of raw eggs (so no mayonnaise).

Best way to avoid salmonella is have your own egg production plant... here's one of mine, this is "Beta" (she has four friends: Gamma, Epsilon, Delta and Zeta)

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where I live we have a HUGE source of farm fresh eggs. And even when we buy store eggs, we can get locally sourced ones. So far, no problems whatsoever!!

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ yes local free range hens and the eggs taste a lot better

Do your hens answer to their names?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
DungDigger
frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh gosh yes I remember the Edwina Currie furore, but they just told people not to use them. I don't remember anyone suggesting they should be returned - what would be the point.

Anyway, 'bout time they cracked down on battery farming - those chickens lead hellish lives. Beaks clipped including the nerve, eyes scratched, wounds from each others feet, sores from standing on wires, live chickens treading on dead ones .. not to mention deprived of sunlight and the natural behaviour of scratching and nesting etc etc etc .. disgusting and cruel. Evil or Very Mad

/soapbox

and relax ...

@hris Madi Good measure press down shaken together running over shall men lay unto your bosom Shocked
Mrs L*g@d: Please don't make us look stupid in the face of our colleauges okay
Mr L*g@d: I will like you to know that we love you okay
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah yes, I remember the Eggwina Curry days
As result none of my kids had a soft boiled egg, mayonaisse, mousse etc growing up

I only ever buy free range eggs, I'd go without rather than buy battery hen eggs

@ sunshine, no Alpha?
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a chef in a previous life, I always said that eggs carried the bug.
I said it before Edwina said the same and she was shamed.
People don't like the truth.
Our bodies cope with it but sometimes we fail. Other times, the bugs / viruses develop to be stronger or mutate totally.
I still like my eggs over easy and I'm very much alive.
That said, I've always preferred free range.
Yellow yolks, not orange. Thumbs up

"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
sunshine, no Alpha?

There was an Alpha but she went to the big nesting box in the sky Crying or Very sad

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Yellow yolks, not orange

With all the farm fresh eggs we get, they are mostly orange yolks. I thought orange was better?

Yeah the farm fresh we get are also free range. We have several freinds who raise chickens and have seen them. Healthy, happy and roaming around everywhere.

Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Ours are fed on grain and salad leftovers. Brewers mash too Smile
No pre-prepared mixes.
Therefore no colourants,

I look at the yolks every time and it always amazes me.
They are yellow!

All my life, they've been orange.
I was brought up in a chemical (and cold war) age.

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was alpha served fried, roasted or baked? Sunshine, there's a reason farmers don't name food. Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgerbait wrote:
Was alpha served fried, roasted or baked? Sunshine, there's a reason farmers don't name food. Laughing

Don't know... best ask the fox that ate her! Smile

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is this some kind of a Yolk? Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still get mixed up with the term "organic". All living things are organic. Wouldn't it be more appropo to say "nasty modern chemical free"?

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic