SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Verification code for Gmail account?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BjornYesterday
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have recently set up a Gmail account for my scambaiting 'admin' - emails from my mentor, notifications from this site etc. It is not for my baits, they are dealt with on a mail.com account (current ones anyway, I'll probably move future ones to a Gmail or something similar as I don't particularly like mail.com).

Anyway, I just went to log on to this account and got a screen saying 'unusual activity' had been detected on the account, and that I should enter my mobile number and have a verification code texted to it, which I could then enter to get into the account. I did, and I was able to get into the account with no issues.

I have about 4 or 5 other Gmail accounts for various non scam-baiting activities, and have never encountered this - is it common? It's not a problem, I'm just curious - the only reason for it I can think of is that I've forwarded a scam email from the mail.com account and perhaps something in that rang alarm bells, but a search of the forum for 'verification gmail' didn't come up with anything (on the first page at least).

Has anyone else encountered this?
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah i have had this exact same thing too.
Like you said, i believe it to be due to the type of emails we send/ recieve.

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I should enter my mobile number and have a verification code texted to it
that would be tough to do, as there is no reception here I don't have one Wink
Never got that question though and having Gmail work for me for 6 years or longer
Love the Firefox add-on all checked in 2 seconds

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they do so on some occasions to prevent some activities with gmail accounts.

It happened to me as well this afternoon, i went back and tried again from the start, with no message occuring. So it seems like it happens sometimes.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This happened to me on my non baiting account about 6 months ago. There was no 'odd' activity so I can only assume they are collecting phone numbers or it's a way of checking accounts or summat.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i use 5 different Gmail accounts for baiting purposes and (so far) I have never encountered a problem with verification and/or odd activity

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
OfffffTopic
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I made 2 gmail accounts but when I tried to make a third a few days later, I got asked for mobile phone identification. I thought it was because I tried to select 'Nigeria' as my country.

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Same here. But Ghana worked though

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard of it many times; never encountered it, despite saying some very strange things in my emails.

Perhaps it is country-specific, or they only do it on a certain percentage of accounts.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic