SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Meat Michael

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
meat snack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm so new to this I didn't know I was a baiter. Neither does my lad, yet, but after lurking here a bit and reading the guidelines, I'm hoping to find a mentor so I don't do anything stupid like I almost did tonight, fb friending the guy whose Match name was stolen to try to scam me. I think I found another piece of the lad in the fb scammer post here, too: his photo. Things are getting interesting, but complex. Anyone free?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi meat snack, and welcome to Eater!

You can sign up for a mentor here:

Cherrie Mentoring Program

In the meantime, please drop any scammers that you are baiting from your real-life email address, dating/social group profiles, Facebook account, whatever. Scammers are criminals, and you need to sever any connection between them and the 'real you'. Create a new baiting email account, set up in a fake name and with false information. You can then use this to set up a fake dating site profile and Facebook account - but make sure that they appear too dull and unattractive to appeal to any non-scammers.

You can read more about safe baiting here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846#7

and about romance baiting here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125681

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
meat snack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So thanks to Just Jane, my new mentor and this forum for helping me to safebaiting. Though I hated letting go of my little love lad, I realize, alas, his love was a sham and he shall be meat to me from now on! Here's his info/photos in case for your viewing pleasure:

[email protected] (name, email stolen from Match, verified by the real Michael Krapes via fb).

count0nz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In the meantime, please drop any scammers that you are baiting from your real-life email address, dating/social group profiles, Facebook account, whatever. Scammers are criminals, and you need to sever any connection between them and the 'real you'.

I have a cupple of scammers who contacted me on my Reg tagged.com acct and my wifes tagged.com acct..

i have a fake tagged.com acct and fake email i nomaly use
whats the best way of handleing these ones? i've been refering them to talk to my Lawyer and doing the Baiting from his Email address and droping any referances to the original person. he contacted.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your lawyer character is still attached to you and is not really a good option.
Half the time, the scammer is not going to remember who he contacted, so the easiest thing to do is to wait a few days, then contact him from the fake profile, with something like "sorry it took me so long to respond, but (insert story here)"
This completely separates the bait from your real information.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

meat snack, please will you provide an example of an email, with headers, from the lad calling himself Michael Krapes and using that email address. Make sure you remove all your personal details (name, email address) from the headers before posting - they might occur in several places.

We need evidence, on Eater, that a published email address is used by a scammer - once we've got that proof, we can feel free to bait him! Very Happy

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
meat snack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Email + IP from Michael Krapes. This is a real guy's name lifted from Match. The photos are not of the actual guy (I tracked it down).

PM me for details if you want the lad.

Here's the hotel address he gave me to send money to:
Name: Micheal krapes
Address :1232,Bye pass of Rodrick Avenue
city: Victoria Island
State: Lagos State
Zip code: 23401
Micheal Krapes: That is what you will need
Phone: 0112348024098781
Reply to: <[email protected]>

Here's an innocuous email from "MK" but shows his IP (41.155.63.30 Lagos Nigeria)

Quote:

hello
Micheal Krapes <[email protected]> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: ---------- <[email protected]>
Hello...Let's chat later today..you got me thinking about you..

IP Header:

Quote:
From Micheal Krapes Tue Jul 27 07:06:03 2010
X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 206.190.38.139; Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:06:05 -0700
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (mta1038.mail.sp2.yahoo.com: domain of [email protected] does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG: <cut>
X-Originating-IP: [76.13.13.237]
Authentication-Results: mta1038.mail.sp2.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO n9.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com) (76.13.13.237)
by mta1038.mail.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:06:05 -0700
Received: from [76.13.12.94] by n9.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jul 2010 07:06:04 -0000
Received: from [67.195.9.83] by t2.bullet.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jul 2010 07:06:04 -0000
Received: from [98.137.27.220] by t3.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jul 2010 07:06:04 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp130.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jul 2010 07:06:04 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 95244 invoked by uid 60001); 27 Jul 2010 07:06:03 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: <cut>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: <cut>
Received: from [41.155.30.204] by web113705.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:06:03 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.2.4 YahooMailWebService/0.8.105.277674
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:06:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: hello
To: -----<[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1301290737-1280214363=:94565"
Content-Length: 3731

YIM for your amusement:

Quote:

Sunday, June 13, 2010

when i was still in my late thirties i have always believed that men are the main reasons why their marriage hit the rock..but my ex unfaithful act has made me believe that women sometimes could be the cog in a wheel of a relationship.. 9:04 AM
This one memory i do not think i can ever let go of my memory was the day i started to notice my wife was having an affair with my best friend.. 9:04 AM
He would always stop by to see me while i was gone.. 9:05 AM
On one ocassion i caught my wife looking through the window to see if i was the one parking the car outside.. 9:05 AM
I could not believe my eyes one day when i had to stop by at my friends house where i saw a gift i had bought her.. 9:07 AM
Can we just talk about something else? 9:08 AM
I don't feel comfortable going on with this story.. 9:08 AM

Micheal Krapes hey 12:30 PM

Micheal Krapes is Available (1:23 PM)

hey 2:23 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Hey.. 2:24 PM

Long time no chat 2:24 PM

yeah--still in Africa? 2:27 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Yes..actually i got some situations going on right now.. 2:29 PM

"situations" sounds serious--I hope you're okay-- 2:30 PM Me

Micheal Krapes I am not..to be honest with you 2:31 PM

geez--can I help? 2:31 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Maybe 2:32 PM

Tell me more about it. 2:32 PM Me

Micheal Krapes
what happened is that i got my pay check though i don't think it's necessary to tell you how much figure is written on it..but the problem is that i have to pay some tax on my check which i really dont have what they are asking me to pay.. 2:33 PM

what can they do? they can't squeeze you for money you don't have, right? they'll just have to wait. 2:35 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Actually i have but not all 2:35 PM

And i really have to get out of here before i'm having to pay huge bills.. 2:36 PM

Are you in a hotel? 2:36 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Yes 2:37 PM

I'm in a hotel..that is the concern..can you be of help? 2:37 PM

hey 2:39 PM
hey--sorry--I got a phone call--be right back 2:41 PM Me
Micheal Krapes Ok 2:41 PM

Back. I thought you were going through some emotional stuff, not financial. I'd like to help but I don't even know you. How could I know you could pay me back? Plus, I'm not very well-off. How much are you talking about? 2:42 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Let me make you know something..I am not a bad person..I always repay good with good.. 2:44 PM

I want to trust that. 2:44 PM Me

Micheal Krapes I appreciate every lil help and i will pay back as soon as possible.. 2:44 PM

How much? 2:44 PM Me

Micheal Krapes what i'm having to pay is $25,500 but i have up to 24 with me and i need $2,500 to add to it.. 2:46 PM

whoa. I was about to offer you $100, but this is very serious. You owe the hotel $25,500? 2:47 PM Me

Micheal Krapes i mean i don't have up to 24 with me.. 2:47 PM

Not the hotel..it's an income tax on my money 2:47 PM

Oh--US? 2:48 PM

They can wait for their money, can't they? 2:48 PM Me

Micheal Krapes I have to pay the money to the govt here.. 2:48 PM

hey 2:50 PM

So you're basically short $2500 or they won't let you leave? 2:50 PM
Me

Micheal Krapes they won't let me go out of here with the check without paying the money.. 2:51 PM

I never would have thought i would be paying up to that.. 2:51 PM

Yeah, that sounds crazy. How can you work for them, then they take out too much? They can't expect you to go out of business. 2:52 PM

So you can pay them up front for taxes on a check they haven't given you yet? What kind of system is that? 2:52 PM Me

Micheal Krapes That is the way things are done around here...i just have to find a way to get it done and get out of here.. 2:53 PM

Is there someone here I can contact for you to help you out? 2:54 PM Me

Micheal Krapes well i have done so many things to get things done all to no avail..still thinking of other viable options though..is there something you can do..you know..maybe just anything you can do to help.?2:55 PM

I wish I could. You seem like a trustworthy person. If I had some money, I would offer, since you seem honest. I thought something was up since I hadn't heard from you for so long. 2:57 PM

Do you have other business lined up there? Can they send you the money once you get home and can pay the taxes? 2:58 PM Me

Micheal Krapes I don't wanna risk the idea of leaving my check behind..2:59 PM

it's for 850k 2:59 PM

Wild. 2:59 PM Me

Micheal Krapes wild? 3:00 PM

Yeah,,it's a lot of money,,,you know 3:01 PM

Your situation seems slightly James Bond to me--wild. The only thing I could do is ask a family member or something like that, but then how could you assure me that they could be repaid? I see your dilemma, but you have to understand my concern. I'm not sure they would lend me money based on a relationship that's started on an internet dating website... 3:02 PM Me

I don't think you're making it up or anything. . . 3:03 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Oh...see like i said earlier...you will get your money back..as soon as possible.. 3:03 PM

I won't ever let you down..i have more tha enough to pay back.so why won't i pay you.. 3:04 PM

Can you send me a pdf of a contract or something? It would reassure me. 3:04 PM Me

Micheal Krapes Hey, see i don;t have any problem trusting anyone...I have been hurt though but i never will hurt anyone,,if i can i will send you the check to hold it and when you get your money you give it back to me,, 3:06 PM

Okay--I'll ask my family for the money. In the meantime, send the check to me and I'll send the money to you when I get it. That way there's no worries about anyone getting burned and we'll get you out of Africa. 3:29 PM Me

Fixed blowout - Branwen
meat snack
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm wondering and wandering, Branwen (and thanks for cleaning up my blowout, btw, my mentor warned me about it, but I'm not too savvy yet to delete the right stuff). I'd like to continue, set up a fake acct and bait my heart to oblivion, but using someone else's photo's troubling me. Should I make a composite woman on fb? Should she be ultra anglo?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The way I decide whether or not a photograph of someone is suitable for use in baiting is to ask myself the following questions:

- Would the person in this photograph mind if I hung it on my wall?
- Would they mind if I stuck it in my scrapbook, along with six more photographs of them?
- Would they mind if I emailed it to my friend, and said, 'Isn't this a gorgeous photograph?'
- Would they mind if I made a 'fan website' about them?

If somebody is happy about all that, and, furthermore, if somebody would actually expect all that, then they are probably (a) a celebrity; and (b) accustomed to their photographs appearing here, there, and everywhere.

And I don't think that sending it to someone and having my invented character say, 'This is me!' is the worst thing they could imagine regarding their image.

And, if the lad wanted to use similar photographs, he could find them just as easily as I can.

However .... there is no obligation to send photographs. I have pictures of trees and flowers (or no picture at all) on my characters' dating profiles. One of my characters has never sent a photograph to anyone ... she doesn't wish to; she wants to be loved for her intellect and personality, not her looks. The lads want the money; they are not going to let a little thing like the lack of a photograph stop them writing, if they believe that there is money to be received from her.

My characters are mostly white and middle-aged; but one is black, and another is asian; and the youngest one who writes to love lads is 17 years old.

bethc8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor mark!! well he must have gotten out of that hotel in nigeria !! but he does not write you back and let you know how he is??? How is it that he could be an international business person, go all the way to Africa, get a check from the said company, then have to pay taxes?? and he would not know this before hand?? Hmmm not much of a business man though ? That he would not have a Banker/AccountantAttorney who could advise him? That he would ask a woman whom he had only "met" over the internet for $$$. Hmmm not much of a real man now is he???
Deb1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So far 'Kathryn' has had no reply from him and she'll soon be sending another message. At least it's not coming back unable to deliver.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic