SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Confused!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
419jackers
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All, I got this in my catcher box yesterday, and i'm not sure what his angle is? On one hand, he isn't asking for money, on the other he is just asking for work. Where is the scam here, will this come in the form of some kind of relocation expenses or airfare?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 06:28:16 -0700
Subject: To Whom it may concern,
To:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SCAM LETTER OR A LETTER ASKING YOU FOR MONEY.

To Whom it may concern,
Hello my name is WILLSON GEORGE. I would first like to thank you for taking time to read this letter. I am a 26 year old male here in Africa. I do know you have recieved many letters in the past from people,even of my country, telling you of thier lies and hard ships to get your money. Iam a proud man whom is not a beggar. I am writing you today as a son of God. I am looking for a chance to fullfill my life. Here in Africa it is rough for many I do agree. I am asking you to just open your heart when reading this.

At the age of 7 years my parents were killed and I am an only child. I struggled all my life. I work very hard physical labor for little money here. When I work I work for 9 hours and recieve 2000 cfa that is only 1 US dollar.

My hearts desire is to succeed in life. To beable to have a family and know that I can provide them the things they need. What I am seeking is a chance to make a good life. What I am asking is if you or someone you know has a business that can hire me on. I need your assistance to help assist me to come over to your country to leave and work for a better tomorrow, and i don,t know who this may touch his or her mind to be as an assistance to me so that I can come over to work in your country.
I believing in myself as a serious and hard working person with full of ambition of life that I will beable to fullfill the requirments of any job that comes avalible to me as long as the job does not go against the will of God. I am looking forward to your quick responce.

"I have seen the forms you send to me to fill there is something i don't understand there my father in the Lord how can immigration asking about what is my underwear that am wearing in the forms?" - Beatrice Ukeh

Closed lad accounts x1
DungDigger
frivolous bustard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep I got this too. I'm sure that once you start writing and get to know this person the requests for money will come. For a start this lad is hoping to get docs for travel at the very least and you will be asked for a letter of introduction or help in getting him out of the country into yours. Ask him for instance if he really does want to come to Madagascar, or India, or China, wherever you want your "character" to be.

I know what you mean about the plausibility, but if you wanted to actually do what he says he wants to do why would you send spam emails round the world in the hope of attracting a serious offer. Bet your bottom dollar this lad is in an internet cafe somewhere being coached on scamming people for money and documents, and his little gang have learned that asking for money straight up is less successful these days. So it's a pull-on-the-heartstrings thing first to hook people in.

Only way to find out for sure is to lead him on and find out what he's actually asking for. If he's a lad you'll at least be wasting his time and can hook him in to shredding his keyboard in frustration. If he's genuine (which I very seriously doubt) then you can point him to people who can help him improve his situation without chancing his arm with complete strangers on the net.

@hris Madi Good measure press down shaken together running over shall men lay unto your bosom Shocked
Mrs L*g@d: Please don't make us look stupid in the face of our colleauges okay
Mr L*g@d: I will like you to know that we love you okay

Last edited by DungDigger on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

419jackers wrote:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THIS IS NOT A SCAM LETTER OR A LETTER ASKING YOU FOR MONEY.

Looks like a scam letter to me and he will ask you for money. Wink

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this lad is already being discussed here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188513

as suggested there, it's probably a good idea to asem him to ensure that indeed it's a fraudster rather than falling more into a "beggar" category. I think the results of ASEMs should be with us shortly.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
419jackers
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the replys, My box is only set up to catch mass emails from 419, so i highly doubt this lad is the only one in Lagos who's had a change of heart overnight and decided to turn over a new leaf, and indeed if his emails are to go by..a new life far far away from internet cafes.

I've come clean to him straight away, he already knows i'm a baiter and is still replying to me now he knows my 'real' line of work. I'm taking a new strategy on this guy and will play it cool to see how it pans out. The moment he starts getting shirty and asking for cash, i'll turn on the evil.

"I have seen the forms you send to me to fill there is something i don't understand there my father in the Lord how can immigration asking about what is my underwear that am wearing in the forms?" - Beatrice Ukeh

Closed lad accounts x1
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As firehouse notes, this very scam is already under discussion in the thread he links to. Since they deal with the same issue, let's continue that discussion there.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic