SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Aid@ Medeo and the ATM Caper

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
einsteinboricua
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is my most recent completed bait. Now that I think about it I could have milked it a bit longer. Anyway, this is taken from a PDF I made with every email. I always share it with my mom and my friends Razz

So this scammer contacts me about an investigation being held on this Nigerian with whom I’ve been dealing with. It seems I was scammed and now they’ll repay me in the form of an ATM card. The person is speaking on behalf of the Department of Homeland Security (why would they conduct an investigation in Nigeria?) and urges me to contact a Mr. John David. Let’s see what Aid@ Medeo has in store for him.

It was on a hot and sunny morning that I received the fated email…

Quote:
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Washington, DC 20528 US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
Attn:
This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigated with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you are having an illegal transaction with Impostors claiming to be Prof. Charles C. Soludo former Governor Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Mr. Frank Nweke, none officials of Oceanic Bank, none officials of Zenith Bank and some impostors claiming to be the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agents. During our Investigation, it came to our notice that the reason why you have not received your payment is because you have not fulfilled your Financial Obligation given to you in respect of your Contract/Inheritance Payment.

So therefore, we have contacted the Federal Ministry Of Finance on your behalf and they have brought a solution to your problem by coordinating your payment in the total amount of US$800,000.00 which will be deposited into an ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw funds anywhere of the world. You now have the lawful right to claim your funds which have been deposited into the ATM CARD.

Since the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has been involved in this transaction, you are now to be rest assured that this transaction is legitimate and completely risk-free as it is our duty to Protect and Serve citizens of the United States Of America. All you have to do is immediately contact the ATM CARD CENTER via E-mail for instructions on how to procure your Approval Slip which contains details on how to receive and activate your ATM CARD for immediate use to withdraw funds being paid to you.

The total amount for everything is US$300.00 (Three Hundred US Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this US$300.00 should be deducted from your funds, but we found out that the funds have already been deposited in an ATM CARD and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the beneficiary which the PIN would be released to. Therefore you will be required to pay the required fee to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram International Transfer.

In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge ( Mr. John David) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:
CONTACT INFORMATION NAME: MR. JOHN DAVID
EMAIL: [email protected]

Immediately contact Mr. John David of the ATM Card Center with the following information:
Full Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Direct Telephone Number:
Current Occupation:

Once you have sent the required information to Mr. John David he will contact you with instructions on how to make the payment of US$300.00 for the Approval Slip after which he will proceed towards delivery of the ATM CARD without any further delay. You have hereby been authorized/guaranteed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to commence towards completing this transaction, as there shall be NO delay once payment for the Approval Slip has been made to the authorized agent.

This letter will serve as proof that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is authorizing you to pay the required US$300.00 ONLY to Mr. John David via information in which he shall send to you, if you do not receive your ATM CARD containing your funds in amount of US$800,000.00 we shall be held responsible for the loss and this shall invite a penalty of $3,000.00USD which will be made PAYABLE ONLY to you (The Beneficiary).

Once you have completed payment of US$300.00 to the agent in charge of this transaction, immediately contact me back so as to ensure your ATM CARD gets to you rapidly.

Mr. Michael Heimbach Special Agent DHS.

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostor or office claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are advised only to be in contact with Mr. John David of the ATM CARD CENTER who is the rightful person you are suppose to deal with in regards your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any email you get from any impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.

Mrs. Aid@ Medeo is only too happy to reply:

Quote:
Dear Mr. John David:
You sent me an email regarding a transaction made with DHS and I will send you my information. Kindly reply once you have received my information.
Full Name: Aid@ Medeo
Address: 1 Maple Lane
City: Sunnyvale
State: Florida
Zip Code: 90746
Direct Telephone Number: 973-XXX-XXXX
Current Occupation: Vice President of Bellakas Corp.
Thank you very much and I look forward to processing my payment for this sum.
--
Ms. Aid@ Medeo
Vice President
Bellakas Corp. Bellaca is a derogatory term for a woman that likes sex. I think suits Aid@ Medeo, seeing as how her name in Spanish would read “Oh give me finger”

Mr. John David replies:

Quote:
Our Ref: FGN /SNT/STB

ATTENTION: Aid@ Medeo,

This is Mr. John David, I am the agent in charge of your transaction in the amount of US$800,000.00 which shall be made payable to you in form of an ATM CARD, be informed that you would have to procure your Approval Slip from this office which contains details of your Personal Identification Number (PIN) which you will use in activating/operating your ATM CARD in the United States of America.

Note that the delivery of your ATM CARD to your designated home address is free and the only payment needed from you before the delivery of your ATM CARD will be effected to your designated home address is the payment of US$300.00 which would be used to procure your Approval Slip which contains details of your Personal Identification Number. And also note that if your Approval Slip is not procured, the delivery of your ATM CARD will not be effected to your designated home address.

So therefore, below are the payment information’s which you will use in making payment of US$300.00 via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Intl. Transfer for the procurement of your Approval Slip. Receivers Name: Mark Hauser
Receivers Address: Lagos, Nigeria 23401
Test Question: Trust
Answer: God
Amount: US$300.00

Do get back to me ASAP with the following payment information’s below after making payment of US$300.00 via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Intl. Transfer for the procurement of your Approval Slip. Senders name: Senders address: Reference Number/Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN#): If you are able to make this payment immediately, then your ATM CARD will be dispatched in less than 24 hours upon receipt of the payment and you will be contacted with a UPS/FedEx tracking number. Immediately have this done and get back to me ASAP.
Regards, Mr. John David

Because I was thinking of ways to get back at Mr. David and because I was pretty busy with my internship, I let him stew a few days before replying:

Quote:
Good day.
Sir, I unfortunately was away on vacation and could not open my email address where I was at. I hope you understand. Nevertheless, I have processed the payment with Western Union. The details are as follow: Senders name: Aid@ Medeo
Senders address: 1 Maple Lane Sunnyvale Florida
Reference Number/Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN#): 9378262251

Thank you!

Oops…apparently there’s a problem:

Quote:
ATTN: AID@ MEDEO,
I AM IN RECEIPT OF YOUR EMAIL AND WANT TO CONFIRM TO YOU THAT THE MTCN DETAILS YOU GAVE TO ME IS WRONG AS THERE IS NO MONEY AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP. PLEASE CHECK BACK WITH THE WESTERN UNION LOCATION WHERE YOU SENT THE PAYMENT FROM AND ALSO GET BACK TO ME WITH A DIRECT CELL PHONE NUMBER I CAN CONTACT YOU ON.

WARMEST REGARDS,
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

Let’s see what the problem is:

Quote:
Dear sir:
I am afraid I don't understand. I really don't know how Western Union works. That was the number given to me by the Western Union authorities. Are you sure it is the wrong one? Perhaps someone else took it? The number 9318262251 should be the correct one as it is the same one I gave you just a few moments ago.
I would strongly advise for you to be careful about this transaction and to check whether someone is eavesdropping on your account.

Again: the number is 9378226251

Also, believe it or not, I have seem to misplace my cell phone and am in the process of getting another one (just to give you a glimpse of how busy I am). Until that time, I have only email to communicate with
you. It's against company policy to use our phones to do personal calls and I don't have a home phone. Please understand.

Read the numbers above carefully. Meanwhile Mr. John David replies:
Quote:
THE DETAILS YOU HAVE MUST BE CORRECT BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS FOR YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE WESTERN UNION OUTLET WHERE YOU SENT THE MONEY FROM AND REQUEST THAT THEY RELEASE THE MONEY AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP FOR THE RECEIVER ( MARK HAUSER ).
I AWAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

Ms. Aid@ Medeo will go to the office later:

Quote:
Sir:
I have received your request. I will go to the Western Union office this afternoon and I will personally see to it that they release the money. However, who is this Mark Hauser? I am not willing to have money sent to some strange person. I demand to know who this person is before I proceed.

John David replies:
Quote:

I WILL AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE AS SOON AS YOU RETURN WITH THE MESSAGE FROM WESTERN UNION AND NOT THAT MARK HAUSER IS MY ASSISTANT AND ALSO THE OFFICER IN CHARGE OF THE PAYMENT DEPARTMENT.

WARMEST REGARDS,
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

That clear things up. Ms. Aid@ Medeo replies:

Quote:
Mr. John David:
Thank you for your quick reply. That should clear things up. So as agreed, I will proceed to the Western Union office immediately after I get off from work. If by some bizarre reason I do not reply (I need to do some grocery shopping and do my hair (Because, as you know, women need to look FAB-U-LOUS before a big holiday), please email me a reminder.

Mr. John David sends her a reminder like she asked:

Quote:

I AM SENDING YOU A REMINDER IN REGARDS TO THE CORRECTION ON THE PAYMENT. KINDLY FINALIZE IT AND GET BACK TO ME ASAP.

WARMEST REGARDS,
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

Aid@ Medeo replies:

Quote:
Mr. John David:

Please excuse my tardiness. Unfortunately, the Western Union office was closed (I must remind myself to tell that new hairdresser on the time she took with my hair) So I will go tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Have a pleasant night.

A short reply:

Quote:
OK. I will await the transfer details from you first thing in the morning.

The next day:

Quote:
Mr. John David:
I am a very upset, I am just not sure with whom I should be upset. I went to the Western Union office and I checked to see if the information I had was correct which they certified correct. Would you like to know why it was correct? Because the money has already been picked up.

I trust you sir, to go and see who was it that messed this up. I, for my part, am prepared to make one last payment if it just so happens that it was a mistake.

It is in your hands

So Mr. David feels the need for that transfer and he instead puts the blame on me for choosing a wrong WU office:

Quote:
ATTN: AID@ MEDEO, He wants finger…

I HAVE BEEN TO THE BANK TO CHECK CORRECTLY FROM MY SIDE. PLEASE I ADVICE THAT YOU RESEND THE $300 USD AND THIS TIME AROUND I WILL WANT YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU SEND THE PAYMENT OUT FROM ANOTHER DIFFERENT WESTERN UNION OUTLET. AND AS SOON AS YOU HAVE SENT IT, KINDLY SEND ME AN ATTACHED COPY OF THE WESTERN UNION PAYMENT SLIP FOR CONFIRMATION. I APOLOGIZE REGARDING THIS MISTAKE PREVIOUSLY MADE.

I AWAIT THE ATTACHED COPY OF ANOTHER WESTERN UNION PAYMENT SLIP SEND OUT FROM ANOTHER WESTERN UNION OUTLET.
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

I only feel too compelled to find out but come up with a plan of my own:

Quote:
Mr. John David:

I am afraid I no longer trust these money transfer thingies. I already sent $300 and YOU claim there was never any money at all. I know I sent the money because I wrote the details in myself. But I'll tell you what I can do. We here at Sunnyvale are used to carry only credit cards. Cash here is virtually nonexistent since all of our transactions are many times by credit cards and through the Internet. I am prepared to offer you a $400 transfer to your bank account ($300 for the fee and $100 for your trouble(negotiable too). This way, I know that you will receive the transfer completely and earn a bit more just for trusting me in this transfer.

Mr. David, that this is the best offer I can make. I cannot continue to send $300 knowing that it is possible that YOU may never receive the money. Do we have a deal, Mr. David?

I await your reply sir.

You see…Sunnyvale is a very advanced city. They don’t use cash. Debit and credit cards are the norm. A very futuristic city found only in my imagination. I give him an offer he certainly will not refuse…$300+ a $100 bonus for the trouble? This greedy Nigerian won’t stop there:

Quote:
Below is the banking details for you to proceed with payment.
BancFirst 501 C. Ave. Lawton, Oklahoma 73501 USA
Account Name: NXXXXi K. SXXXp / BXXXXXd WXXXs
Acct# 5XXXXXXX8
Routing # 1XXXXXXX2
Swift code BXXXXX44
Kindly make available the amount of $500 I only offered you $400 for transfer expenses over here.
As soon as you have deposited the payment into the account, please send me an attached copy of the transfer slip for confirmation.

John David.
ATM CARD CENTER.

I reply:
Quote:
Dear John David:

I confirm receiving the information. As you may know, the US is celebrating its day of independence so all stores and banks are closed for the day. Tomorrow, I believe some banks will be open for business so tomorrow is when I intend to make the transfer. Have a nice day.
Off to enjoy the 4th of July weekend but not before reporting the account.

Anyways, he replies:

Quote:
OK. I WILL AWAIT THE TRANSFER SLIP ON MONDAY.
HAPPY SUNDAY.
JOHN DAVID.
ATM CARD CENTER.

I reply:

Quote:
Mr John David:

Happy Monday. I trust everything is well. I went to the bank today and unfortunately it was closed. Strange, they never sent me a message and I had no idea they wanted the day off. I guess the bank director is a very nice person and decided to give everyone the day off.

At any rate, I guess it's tomorrow when the transfer will be made. I'll write it in my agenda to be there at lunch time tomorrow. No more delays, Mr. David. I am truly sorry.

Another quick and short reply:

Quote:
Ok. Just make sure you send me an attached copy of the transfer slip.

Now, I don’t remember what it was that I used but I sent him a picture (I think it was a “Vote” picture) renamed as a .mfs file):

Quote:
Mr. John David:

I am glad to report that I finally made the transfer. I was told that since it's a transfer from a local bank to a bigger regional bank, the transfer would take about 3-5 days to be reflected on your account. Attached is the slip. Since I didn’t know how long it would take for the account to be closed down, I decided to stall him from checking his account until some 5 days after the report.

So, what next?

The jig is up. He has identified that something is wrong, though he doesn’t know that I know what he really is:

Quote:
You have taken the autjority for granted. We will have the fbi visit you.

I am SO scared…he’s gonna have the FBI visit me…=( Time to put this tale to an end:

Quote:
Oh have I?

And what do you plan to tell the FBI? That you're a 419 scammer and that you willingly gave me your bank account details or that your name is not John David and you are based in Lagos?

I know a lot of things. From the very first email I knew you were a 419 scammer. And you can probably guess that my name is not really Aid@ Medeo.

I have been wasting your time and having a good time doing so. You tried to scam me out of $500 and you ended up with a closed bank account. Maybe that will teach you a lesson about lying to people and taking their money.

Be wary of sending more emails. There are many others ready to make you waste your time like I did.

Have a nice day --
Ms. Aid@ Medeo (NOT MY NAME)
Vice President (I WISH)
Bellakas Corp. (I WON'T TELL YOU)

He has yet to reply…and he lived miserably ever after…THE END!

Kudos if you made it this far. So...what'd ya think? Embarassed

EDIT: Leet. The name alone was the top Google search and it pointed to 419eater.

Closed lad accounts X3

You have taken the autjority for granted. We will have the fbi visit you.

Last edited by einsteinboricua on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dennispennis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the way you played this lad.

However it is generally not good practise to reveal yourself to the lad in this way, he will be more suspicious next time.

Better to just leave him to work it out for himself.

Nice one though.

DONT EVER IN YOUR LIFE SEND ME A MAIL. I WILL REPORT YOU TO INTERPOL.

Closed lad accounts x3
Click here to support 419Eater.com
7thwatch
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good read . . . nice job getting the piggy!

lad wearing custom printed LAD tshirt

fat bastard church bait form and pics
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic