SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Have a scammer on the hook, need help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
light1971
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got an email from a friends hacked account. I was about to send them the money when something felt fishy. They want me to sent them money via Western Union to the UK. I've confirmed that my friend is not in the UK and I've told the scammers that I need time to go to the Western Union office but I will send them the money.

They said ok and are waiting for me to get back to them.

What are my next steps?
thrylos7
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater! Glad you found us before you sent any money.

If you're using a personal account to email this guy, i.e. if he has your real life info, please stop contacting him immediately. Baiting is done with entirely fake information.

If you'd like to bait him, create an email account with fake info (if you'd like the extra security, Gmail hides your IP address) and you can email the lad from there. You can then contact him anew.

I HAVE TRIED TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS TWICE AND HAVE SPENT A TOTAL OF 10 HOURS THE FIRST TIME AND 6 HOURS THE 2ND TIME AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FINISH THE PROCESS YET. I CANNOT BE DOING ANYTHING WRONG - Sheik Mohameed Salam, satisfied SS customer

And I must tell you that I am not in support of you stealing a car, how can you stoop so low, are you a criminal? You are compounding your problems if you don't know. - James O.

I wish you were in front of me; you deserve 12 strokes on your butt. - Emmanuel K.

send me the MTCN number, the name and address of sender. If you cannot do that like you Americans say get fucky out here now.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE ASSHOLE BEAST

Closed lad accounts times ten
light1971
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do I get the scammer to switch accounts without becoming suspicious?

What do I have to gain? He's already been emailing me at my personal account. That's how he contacted me in the first place?

Sorry for being such a noob.
thrylos7
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries...we were all noobs once Very Happy

If you got that email from a friend's hacked account, the scammer will have sent the same email to everyone in your friend's contact list. He won't notice that you emailed him all of a sudden from a different account.

As far as where to go from there, just play along with him! Tell him you'll send money urgently. And then...the delays start. The Western Union office burned down, there's bowling ball-size hail outside and you can't leave the house, you were abducted by aliens who did unspeakable things to you.

There's an awesome thread on delaying tactics in the Eater University forum. You can go virtually anywhere with it!

I HAVE TRIED TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS TWICE AND HAVE SPENT A TOTAL OF 10 HOURS THE FIRST TIME AND 6 HOURS THE 2ND TIME AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FINISH THE PROCESS YET. I CANNOT BE DOING ANYTHING WRONG - Sheik Mohameed Salam, satisfied SS customer

And I must tell you that I am not in support of you stealing a car, how can you stoop so low, are you a criminal? You are compounding your problems if you don't know. - James O.

I wish you were in front of me; you deserve 12 strokes on your butt. - Emmanuel K.

send me the MTCN number, the name and address of sender. If you cannot do that like you Americans say get fucky out here now.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE ASSHOLE BEAST

Closed lad accounts times ten
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic