SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Got a good one !!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the content of the message I received :

[email protected]
Date:
Fri, Jul 9, 2010 2:27 am

Dear friend i am MR OGBONNA O ONOVO the inspector general of police,i recieved a report from the FBI here in Nigeria concerning your contact with a fraudster on the internet,i am very sorry for any inconviniencing that this might have cost you by our citizens,i want to use these medium to assure you that a sum of {$1,2 million usd} fund will be released to you by the Nigeria government,contact me via email: **********@sfy.com

okay well I'm newb at this but let me see what I can get from looking at this... Well, at first glance I would say that the email came from a university or some educational institution which means I can probably track the user down and have him or her arrested thus earning a badge thingy for that... and he or she is claiming to be from the Nigerian F.B.I. (LOL) which means I could ask for a picture ID for a trophy..... hmmm so many possibilities... I really want to get this one so any ideas ?
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I am impatient so rather than wait I sent this to them :

Thank you so much for looking into my complaint. I want the money badly. As you say that you are a government official I must ask that you forward a copy of your credentials to me via email before we can begin this transaction. please be sure that it has your photo, government agency name and your name on it as I must verify that you are indeed from the Nigerian Federal Bodily Inspections (F.B.I.) as you claimed. After that I will gladly send you all of the necessary information to complete the transaction, including a copy of my drivers license and my complete identification so that you have verification of whom you are talking to as well. Thank you so much for this blessing of money from god. Praise god ! Hope to hear from you soon !

Sincerely

Richard F. Orskin
Pastor
Church of The Skinflints and Leppers United
Ohio USA

Hope to get a response !
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OHHHHH so busted....

I did an ip trace on the email and it came from a college in boston and even had the senders name attached so I contacted the campus police and the FBI in Boston and we are going to be working together to build a case against this person LOVE IT LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More details to come !!!!
theblob
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done!

Quote:
After that I will gladly send you all of the necessary information to complete the transaction, including a copy of my drivers license and my complete identification so that you have verification of whom you are talking to as well.

Don't give them anything for free, always have them ask for everything.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

theblob wrote:
Well done!

Quote:
After that I will gladly send you all of the necessary information to complete the transaction, including a copy of my drivers license and my complete identification so that you have verification of whom you are talking to as well.

Don't give them anything for free, always have them ask for everything.

Gotcha Wink thanks for the tip Smile

As for this case I spoke to a very nice police officer in Boston this morning who assured me that the person in question happens to be a personal friend of his and is a tenured professor at the university, which I verified on the university website. She apparently has been the victim of a virus. The IT Department is looking into it and it has been opened as a case with the Boston Field office of the FBI for investigation. I sent the police the information, here is a copy of the email I sent.

Officer Barrows,

Thank you so much fore your time. We at www.419eater.com take great pride in finding and shutting down any persons connected to any sort of scam in the United States via phone, internet, e-mail, or any other method of taking hard earned money from innocent citizens. As per our conversation you will find a document attached that may be opened with notepad.exe or with wordpad.exe. In this document the information will contain everything an IT person may need to help fix your system and derive the source of the email.

Again thank you for your time, and I sincerely hope that Ms.Guilmette is unharmed by this, and that she sees the dangers in opening unsolicited mail in the future. For any information you can stop by our website at www.419eater.com and read our forums which has a wealth of scam information and ways to avoid becoming a victim.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx

www.419eater.com
Username : tommyhie

On a side note he said that he was very very impressed and glad to see that normal citizens are taking it upon themselves to investigate and bring justice to people who are victimized as well as taking the fight to the scammers. He asked me to convey his and the entire faculty of Bunker Hill Community College thanks for bringing this to their attention.

Removed name -Ima

Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like you are being baited.

Sad

Its not the Boston police, its a big black man in an internet cafe in Lagos.

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think so. I called the fbi office and asked for the agent personally and I gt the number for the field office from the .gov website. I also looked up the campus police in a national directory to make sure I got the right number.

Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your name isnt actually xxxxxxx is it?

Shocked

Removed name -Ima

"I thank you for your quick massage this morning. " - Prince Abdul Hakeem
"u lied. i know u as black man" - Timothy Fred
"Get out. If you mail me again, i will destroy your mailbox." - Clydesdale Bank PLC.
"picece of shit gett off here junkie" "arse hole like u" "u r a bullshit around the corner" "fuck off and die" "is that how you write ur father?" "do u need some crack from Brazil?" "please leave me alone" - Dr. Mohamed Gaza

FREE BEER!

"Baiting is like sex. If it does go pear-shaped, pull out, get a new email address and try again from a different angle." - Me
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit: removed comment revealing poster's real name. Please do not post your name on the forum -Ima

Actually I just received a call from the agent investigating the claim, My called ID says "Federal Bureau of Investigation" I did a reverse look up and the number came back to the FBI field office in Boston... I'm certain its not a sham......

I also did some research on the "professor" I called Boston University where her credentials are from and acted as a potential employer verifying her degree and they stated that she indeed was a graduate of the university and she did earn her degree.... The lady in the records office even commented that she didn't know that "Nicole" was considering leaving Bunker Hill. So that is confirmed.

I also did some research on the college, it is a long standing community college in the Boston area with 6 campuses and is very well regarded in the community. AS a further measure of proof I called another campus listed on superpages.com and asked for the officer I spoke to this morning, I was told that he is the director of public safety for the college and he was at the main campus and was given the exact same number he called me from earlier.... No worries here this is not a scam, it is a legit college and these are legit people. I think that she just doesn't realize the danger of opening and responding to unsolicited email LOL

The other thing is that when i talked to this guy from the college, he was a good'ol boy. I know this because Im a redneck and we know another redneck just by the way they talk. I would say he was from Georgia by the patterns of his speech. He was also very formal, he knew all of the correct terminology that law enforcement uses, including the phonetic system. I don't think many lads if any could have pulled off the accent perfectly and the legal terms and the phonetic alphabet, hell they can barely speak English much less fool someone who has formal training in lie detection. I took several courses in college that taught how to spot liars by speech patterns, inflection, tone and so on. There were none of the tell tale signs with this guy....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Confused

I have removed discussion about your real name from all posts. Please do not post anything of the sort on the forum. For your own protection we will not allow it.

Your story here sounds interesting but rather unbelievable. I'll allow this thread to continue, however, to see how this pans out.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nothing really to pan out so to speak, the FBI has taken my statement, they have informed me that it is very rare that they actually catch any of the lads and they will inform me if anything changes.... same old story... I dont ever expect to hear from them. I did however bait the respond to address so if i get a response ill post it here but I rather doubt it considering that it was an email virus to begin with... Dead end basically but good researching experience I guess. On to others.... Im a magnet for scammers evidently, out of 563 spam emails i had probably 10 scams, i posted most of them in the surplus forums if anyone wants one....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what made you think it came from a university? I saw an @aol.com address and a @sfy.com

Or was there something in the header?

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lad will often spoof emails so it looks like they have come from a certain company etc.
i have received scam emails from the company i work for but it is the reply address which is the lad.
it sounds to me that you are investigating the original address the scam email appears to have come from.

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it was in the header. the origin address was from the college..... it was a specific person whom happens to be a professor there....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yes the college address would be a spoofed addy.

it looks like it was sent by the professor but it was not.
it is merely a lad trick to make his mail look more legit.
the reply to address is the scammer.

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
tommyhie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

on a up note I responded to the other address he put in the email and got a response, here is the items he sent me..

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187847

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic