SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Introducing Angelle

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FuzzybunnyFluffmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all, newbie here. I have read through fair few posts and most of the main site and I have to say this sounds like fun. I finally have the chance to let out my reeeaaally irritating side that loves winding people up without haveing to feel bad because I am tying up the time of scumbags who would otherwise use it to hurt innocent people. Very Happy Yay.

Sooo introducing Angelle my trolling little nom de gurre, not the brightest spark but has quite an inheritance and a soft spot for sob stories...

I am half way through building up a background but I would like to back up the character so I was thinking perhaps a blog? a website? I was just wondering about the legality of posting a website for a company that does not exist or a person who does not exist. As long as there I don't ask for/take any money off of anyone is it ok?

Also what is the legal standpoint on inventing qualifications? as long as I don't actualy offer anyone advice based on them or ask for money for skills I don't have is it ok?
FuzzybunnyFluffmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok 1st noob mistake, can I change my user name? I didn't think of a scammer googling the email I used. Ok need to engage brain more, missing the obvious.
evil_sheep
Compulsive Self Abuser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FuzzybunnyFluffmeister wrote:

Also what is the legal standpoint on inventing qualifications?

What would you like a qualification in?

I'll print up a certificate and email it over to you Wink

It'll be a qualification, just not one recognised anywhere by any professional bodies.

Updated Fuzzybunny's username re. quote - Branwen
FuzzybunnyFluffmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

absolutely, I quite fancy being a Level 4 Qualified Crystal Therapist.....

And possibly a Board Certified Human Response Organiser

And a ninja....

Ok the last one was for me not my character building..
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome previouslongname (rolls off the tounge nicely)! For changing names PM a mod, they are usually happy and cheery to do so.

As always, read the stickies, go to Eater U, pick a mentor (members will gleefully help until you obtain one). Anyone with a "practical joker" viscious streak can do this and it sounds as though you may have it in you! Good hunting! Bait safe!

Obscured Fuzzybunny's previous username - Branwen

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

FuzzybunnyFluffmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the introduction, name issue now sorted and the new one rolls off the tongue nearly as well. Smile

I've been reading through the stickies thanks, lots of info to process. I can't find any information on the relative legality of fake sites though.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

relative legality...contextual reference please

Do you mean the legalities of shutting down fake sites?

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

DeepSeaBaiter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really wouldn't worry about the legalities of it, you aren't taking money from it and besides, there is plenty of fiction on the internet, who is to say that you can't join in? As for fake websites, I'll call your attention to the case of manbeef vs. everyone. A few years ago a guy came up with a fake website that had a business model similar to Omaha Steaks, the only difference was that he was selling people meat. It was a very well built website with customer quotes and even a FAQ about how to serve it to people that aren't ready to eat people meat. It was a terribly gruesome thing to imagine and it got quite a few people in an uproar about it. The funny thing was that it was perfectly legal. There was no contact info aside from an email address and there wasn't any profiting from human bits. I'm sure what you imagined for your website isn't nearly as awful as that one.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't the faintest idea about any legal stuff - though I assume that laws would vary from country to country, including the country that hosts your website. What I do know, though, is:

1. Lads create fake sites all the time; and not only fake company sites, but even fake bank and fake charity sites ... and the worst thing that ever happens to them is that the website gets closed down.

2. If you only give your website address to lads, they are certainly not going to report you for anything. 'Dear Police Officer, I was trying to scam this person, and instead of sending me some money to steal, they showed me a fake company website.'

3. You can check and double-check that anyone who contacts you through your website is an already-known-to-you lad, or (as you grow in experience) is otherwise recognisable as a lad. A mentor and/or other Eater members can help you with this, if necessary.

Regarding fake qualifications - I don't see that there is any problem in this providing you do not attempt to 'use' them ... whether as proof of your legitimacy to dispense advice in a real-life (non-baiting) situation, or in a genuine (non-baiting) application for a job or place of education.

Remember, though, that the average lad doesn't care at all who you are, or what you are. All he cares about is your willingness to open your wallet/bank account and send some money his way. If he believes that you are going to trust his stories and send him money, he won't worry that you haven't got any internet presence whatsoever.

You don't need to start out with much of a background story at all. If you like creating storylines, or have a long-term plan that requires one, that's fine ... but it is not essential.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, there ya go!

Knowing is half the battle - Duke

-----------

We are Karma's soldiers.

-Hamlet, scene iv

internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually HAVE a fake website for a fictional charity that's supposed to give money to neediy orgainsations (Specifically, lads).

It's not used much, but am working on it. It certainly LOOKS nice Smile

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info on fake websites. That was a good question I had not thought of, but good to know.

Welcome Fuzzybunny, cool name.

FuzzybunnyFluffmeister
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all the replies, I was just a little concerned about the laws on bullpoo. I guess even if it is a little grey there is a lot more for law enforcers to worry about than a silly website.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FuzzybunnyFluffmeister wrote:
absolutely, I quite fancy being a Level 4 Qualified Crystal Therapist.....

Frankly, seeing as no reputable accredited body would offer such a qualification, and there's no legal restrictions on being a rockhandler (compared to claiming to be a medical doctor, etc), any idiot can offer a qualification...

**Congratulations** you're now a Level 4 Qualified Crystal Therapist based on credits for your life experience and the $1000 fee you're about to send me.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic