SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

looks like he gave up on me. I didn't readnotify my most recent email so I don't know for sure if he's even read it, but its been about a day now and no word from the Barrister or the Banker. A little anticlimactic :/

-if you say plz because its shorter than please, then I'll say no because its shorter than yes.-
jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't lose hope at all. Many lads often take weekends or at least Sundays off.
steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Attn Sean Murphy,

The above subject matter refers:
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your mail and content well comprehended.

I have a copy of power of attorney attach to this mail that you will fill with your letter headed paper and send back to me immediately so that I can have full authority to act on your behalf in the collection of your inheritance claims funds from AIB.

As soon as I get this document from you, I shall swing into action immediately, in order to round up very fast because I have other client to attend to in a neighboring country.

I shall wait to hear from you at your earliest convenience.
I remain most obliged.

It gives us honor working with you.
McCann FitzGerald Solicitors
Tell: +44 xxx xxx xxxx

So he wants my power of attorney :/ Should I fill out his form with BS info and send it back, or come up with an excuse to not send anything at all? I was thinking, maybe I'm in Northern Ireland illegally from some random country in the middle of a desert somewhere, and all my paperwork is forged, etc, etc, so if he filed for my POA he would be arrested by the Irish secret police Razz He seems willing to believe that Ireland is a police state, from what I've told him and how he's responded. Might be fun to drag it out in that area.
In fact, maybe I'm starting to suspect that HE'S a member of the secret police who's trying to get me.

-if you say plz because its shorter than please, then I'll say no because its shorter than yes.-
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paranoia is a great tool. Great for the baiter because you can avoid all kinds of lad demands on the basis that there is some nefarious purpose behind his requests.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sir,

Why is my Power of Attorney required for this? All I want is to recover my deceased uncle's assets before the Government takes it. There is a certain reason that I would prefer not to give you my Power of Attorney at the current time. I will tell you why, but only if you give me your word as a barrister that you will not report my reason to the authorities. The Irish Secret Police are everywhere, and I won't let them find me. Maybe we can come to a financial agreement that will allow me to collect without giving you my power of attorney?

Regards,
Sean Murphy

I've decided to try to make this into a spy story Razz Sean Murphy is going to turn out to be a Sudanese spy in Belfast, who needs the money from the deceased uncle to fund his escape to Sudan. Thinking I'll start it off with this. Before I send it, does the reply look too obvious as a bait mail?

Soon, an Inspector Holmes of Scotland Yard and the County Coroner Doctor Watson might contact either the Barrister or the Banker in regards to a wanted criminal who may be communicating with them Razz

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love a good spy story! Just remember to ease into this S-L-O-W-L-Y. Too much too soon is a bait killer. Besides, any good spy will be VERY cautious about who he gives sensitive information to and what sort of information he will provide. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

okay I toned it down a little. Sending this:

Quote:
Sir,

Why is my Power of Attorney required for this? All I want is to recover my deceased uncle's assets before the Government takes it. There is a certain reason that I would prefer not to give you my Power of Attorney at the current time, which I would rather not go into until we know each other a little better. Perhaps we can come to a financial agreement that will allow me to collect my inheritance without giving anyone my power of attorney?

Regards,
Sean Murphy

I can't really get a feel for this guy. On the one hand, he seems like he knows what he's doing as a scammer, but on the other, he seems to have absolutely no clue about how things work in the UK and Ireland.

I'd upload the POA form he sent me, but all the image upload sites I can find are blocked on my network. It looks like they took the text from a real form and made a badly formatted one for their own purposes.

BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great response! Remember- ask him to document everything....you, on the other hand, question everything.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No surprise he isn't familiar with things in the UK and Ireland. I'm in the US and I don't know very much about how things work across the pond, either. You'll get a feel for the lad as things progress. This is one of the benefits of taking your time. You will gradually come to know his style and sensitivities which will allow you to craft a better and more believable (to the lad) bait.

steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot to let Chris know about my conversation with the Barrister

Quote:
Sean,
what is going on did you get any mail from the lawyer yet please let me know
Chris

so I replied:

Quote:
Chris,

Sorry, I forgot to let you know. He emailed me back and asked for info on my power of attorney, but I don't want to give it to him, I don't really trust him. I'm seeing if we can collect the money another way. I'll let you know when he mails me again

Sean

Then, I got this:
Quote:

Sean i am the one that invovled you in this transaction and i believe you should open up to me by letting me know anything you need to forward each email you get from the lawyer to my email anytime he mails you Ok so that i can advise on what to do Ok and there is no other way you can get this funds you have to get through the lawyer

I like how he says I should open up to him Razz

steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the reply I think I'll send. Does it sound good, or do you think it might scare him off? I'm going to try to work in the Irish Inquisition and Junior Inquisitor Optimus Prime of before long. Wondering how far I can push this before he starts realizing I'm full of ****:

Quote:
Chris,

I want to open up to you in this matter. Its just that I've got some problems here that I need to work through. This money that we're getting, it really will help to solve everything. I'm starting to think that this lawyer might be working with the government to find me though. Do you know if he really can be trusted? This is a lot of money and I don't want him to run off with our money once its been released.

a big problem for me came up. A friend of mine that I've been working with the last few months here in Belfast was arrested just yesterday. He doesn't know anything about the money we're getting, but he does know where my home address in Coleraine is, so I've got to find a new place to live. I'm thinking about trying to cross over into Scotland, if I can get away with it. I'm sure he'll be waterboarded, so I've only got a day or two to get out of my house before they get the address. Maybe even less time.

I'll be trying to find a new place to live, but in the meantime I'll keep in touch with you and that lawyer. You're completely sure that he's trustworthy, right?

Write back soon
Sean

Hows it sound?

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I would keep it very simple at this point. Something like:
Quote:
This money will really help but I'm worried about this lawyer. Can he really can be trusted?

Of course the lad will assure you he can be trusted. Make him explain why.

EDIT:
I think you are still in a bit of a hurry. Most "successful" baits are measured in weeks not days. By successful, I mean getting to the point where the lad believes you to be a real victim. One of the key indicators is when they ask you for money. Has your lad asked you for money yet? Once the lad believes you are a real victim, you will have a lot more latitude in pushing him around but you will still need to proceed slowly and introduce new info and characters bit by bit.

steampunk
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Because of my job I've only got a window of about two-three hours a day to be online, between the hours of midnight to three AM Afghanistan time (GMT+4.5), which generally means the lad is going to be asleep and we only do one or two emails a night. I keep accidentally rushing without realizing that we've only really done like a days worth of email. lol my own newb mistake

But yeah, you're right. I'm gonna send out your short one, and see how he responds.

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One email per day is a good rule-of-thumb. I usually juggle 3 or 4 baits at a time and very rarely send each lad more than 1 email in a day. Many times I will intentionally not respond for a few days just to make the lad nervous thinking he might have lost me.

jrhc
419Eater is my life

Location: Playing for fool from behind the bottom of his heart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even then, sometimes busy lads will try to carve themselves time; I just had one, for instance, tell me he'd get a form back to me in a few days, even though it probably will take him 10 minutes to fill out.

You are not serious,how can you send this can of message to my bank? do you want me to go to gel? - Mr. dennis abuda

Can you...pray for Mai Arsehole. - Pastor George
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic