SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Newbie Question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
weathervane
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Folks
great site, I've done a bit of reading and am taking my first, tentative steps, into scambaiting.

I set up a gmail account and took a few scam emails that had been sent to my personal email account and responded to them using gmail. Within a few days I'm getting 10+scam emails a day. I'm just wondering are these likely to be from related lads, don't think I published my email anywhere?

I'm wondering because if they are from related lads then scambaiting a few of them probably wouldn't work becuase they'd presumably be in contact but I can't think of any other way they'd have gotten my email.

Steve
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, weathervane! It is unlikely all these emails are from related lads. Are all these scam emails showing up in your personal box or your new gmail box?

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also think you have nothing to worry about.

But my baiter/character accounts very rarely get spam. Just occasionally. My catcher account is different of course, as I have it set up to get those things by signing guest-books.

I'm taking it you cut and pasted from the personal account into the baiter account and did things that way? If so, did you just copy the body of the text and not the headers?

As weathervane asked: Are you getting all these spam/scam in your personal account or the baiter account?

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you created the account solely to reply to lads and didn't give it out to anyone, you can rest assured it's either spam or lads.

Still not sure? Just use standard replies with "tell me more..." and when they get to money you'll know it's a lad. Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
weathervane
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks folks
it seems to be working alright, I think I'm on the verge of getting some art work from Nigeria.

weathervane
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic