SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do you ever feel like baiting may feed sociopathic behavior?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure that my capacity for love (one of the characteristics on your list) hasn't declined due to my baiting activities.

I will admit that I enjoy making trouble for my lads, and the idea that they'll get pissed off does amuse me. At the same time, I'm sure you thought it was pretty funny when you saw the bad guy arrested last time you watched a movie. Does that make you a sociopath as well?

I'd say a lot of us are in this game for the fun of it, but that doesn't make us the bad guys. The real sociopaths are the fake lads I play...
Cold Justice
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While I do enjoy this immensely, I'm here because of a sociopath. I try to pick the ones that target the very innocent, the disabled, the emotionally needy. Remember, many of us were victims. Mine was just in RL. We know personally how ruthless and inhuman these people are. Even then, I do get a soft spot now and then, and have to go back and read the posts where the lad calmly orders a hit on three people, or the one where the lad was willing to let children starve to death to get the last penny from a poor single mom. I hurt for those people.

I think I have learned to lie and without guilt since I've been on here.. For me, that's a good thing. Wish I had learned it earlier in life. I had NO defenses. Now I treat people as they treat me. I'm very honest with those I love (not counting feel good lies, like "do I look fat in this" "no, but I think the blue one is more flattering} I no longer make excuses for "friends" who are habitual lairs. I just remove them from my life. But I learned that from the sociopath before I got here.

That sociopath list is a part of my brain now. All I see here, with a few exceptions, are very healthy people trying to change the world in a small way. Heros? Who on here is a hero except to other baiters? A pretty small ego boost, too small to make it a reason. S'paths need more reaction than any baiter gets.

This has actually helped me recover. I feel like I'm DOING something worthwhile, even in a small way. Like some part of my life is back in my control again. I doubt I'm ever anything but a small time baiter. But if I made a lad miss even one victim by messing with me, I'm a happy camper.

On the BIG plus side, most of these people have totally crazy senses of humor, so for once I fit in!

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I shy away from the word "heroes" (I reserve that term for people who voluntarily risk their lives for others) but many who have been directly helped by people here and at scamwarners are very appreciative.

Where you shy away from using the word HERO, I yell/scream it!! lol.. I see many Heroe's on this site and at scamwarners. I would guess that most here know of my story and those that helped me out, along with the ones that tried to bait the lad. My personal heroe's here at eater are internationalchrysis, Cathartic Kate, Murry and a few others that were working behind the scene's Wink Plus all the ones that did try to help me out. Smile Heroe's come in all shapes, sizes and baiters. Very Happy

Ya'll may never think of yourself as a Hero but yall will always be Heroe's in my eyes..
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drab wrote:

-Glibness and Superficial Charm

Check

Quote:
-Manipulative and Conning

Check

Quote:
-Grandiose Sense of Self

Check

Quote:
-Pathological Lying

Check

Quote:
-Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

Check

Quote:
-Shallow Emotions

Check

Quote:
-Incapacity for Love

Check

Quote:
-Need for Stimulation

Check

Quote:
-Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Check

Quote:
-Irresponsibility/Unreliability

Check

Quote:
-Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

Check

Quote:
-Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Check

Quote:
- Total and utter ball exploding awesomeness coupled with a sexiness that induces orgasm in an onlooker at 50 paces.

Check

Yep.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not a sociopath. I just want to fit in.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apart from SOOI i've never seen any disturbed character here on eater. Very Happy
@ drab: did you ever expect to see such replies to your opening post? Are you sure that baiting has changed you? I've read before on eater that some baiters did use some baiting skills in real life, but they're not becoming sociopats. We're all sane people here (including SOOI) who like to help people. I became a baiter to try to devert the lads from their victims. I also became a member of scamwarners, and i use my knowledge and experiance of lads and their scamming techniques to help victims. It gives me a great feeling when i saved a victim from being scammed, not just because i saved that victim, but also knowing that a lad has lost his chance of getting thousands of dollars. But i don't think i'm a sociopath because i save victims just to f*ck with lads, that's just a byproduct.

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just in case I gave anyone the wrong impression... as much as I like the idea that my hobby has some redeeming social value, I also enjoy the hell out of being a total pain in the ass to these parasitic creeps. Driving a lad into a frustrated, angry outburst makes my day. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of those characteristics drab mentioned are those that are displayed while baiting (of which being manipulative is probably the best example).

The point where baiters differ from sociopaths, is the fact that we are only manipulative (etc) in contact with scammers and are not like that in real life.

Although, of course.. I am a magnificent person. So that grandiose sense of self is present with me (though fully justified). As for lack of remorse/shame/guilt, I wouldn't know... I've never done anything to be ashamed of or feel remorse/guilt for...

Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Drab. Are you baiting my barrister lad?
You described him to a tee. Very Happy

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the vampire wrote:
Apart from SOOI i've never seen any disturbed character here on eater. Very Happy

Disturbed? I'd say he's more disturbing than disturbed, especially when upwind.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009

Last edited by callum on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont do what I do to be a hero, I dont do it for praise or even for the enjoyment of making another human being a miserbale wreck, I do it because I know I can make a difference using the talents I have learnt here.

I have also learnt that the collective knowledge of members of this site (and a few other websites that deal with scammers) is far greater than any of the official government agencies, collectively we make a huge difference and I am proud to be able to play a part in that.

I am one of the lucky ones, I get to directly see the good that we do every day though Scamwarners and there is loads of good that we do.

A wonderful and perhaps even inspiring bi product of what we do is knowing that the people we are making miserable are the same people who have driven other innocent peple to despair and even driven some to take their lives, I can only wish that we could have that same effect on scammers.

Does that make me a sociopath? if so, I wear the tag with pride (although I kind of like Sweetcakes now, it helps to fuel my ego Wink )

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scambaiting will always attract people who perhaps want to do it for the wrong reasons, but they don't last long. Number one, the rewards don't come easily enough and number two, the mods here are all sociopaths. Wink

I don't hate lying cheating thieving b*****s any more than I did when I first came here.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In case anyone missed it,shit like this has a lot more to do with why we do this than any psychobabble could ever explain.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186757

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
StrawberryShortcake
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad ^^ That granny could have been my mom.. I think this proves what I was saying about ya'll being heros.. Eater and scamwarers are full of unsung heroe's

Sorry, I know my post is OT...
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:
even inspiring bi product of what we do

Dude!! I just have to point this out so there's no confusion.

It's "by-product".
A "bi product" is what Pastor Frank is.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What Murry said.

Plus I want to be around Slightly in the hopes that some of his awesomeness eventually rubs off on me... but that's of course the main reason for all of us to be here, isn't it?

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drab wrote:
I seem to enjoy trolling more than I enjoy contibuting anything constructive.

I think you explained the purpose of this thread yourself.

Sociopaths drawn to baiting. Ay dios mio Image

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whether I feel that baiting feeds sociopathic behavior?

I wouldn't know, I don't have feelings.

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drab wrote:
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I have noticed that my postings on non-baiting forums have begun to be less emphathetic for example.

I think you don't have to be terribly worried as long as you realize that baiting may have some effect on your RL attitudes. True sociopaths can't see anything is wrong so they can't be helped either. I have personally known one case but he would never have admitted he was sick.

I don't visit so much other forums but I have met exceptionally kind people on Eater. Maybe there are sociopaths among us who only pretend to be nice, who knows? But as we all are capable to do also bad things, it's better to torture the lads than your dear ones in RL.

If you spend too much time baiting (or trolling on other forums), you may need some change. Baiting is not the only way to serve people. I for example sometimes get bored with my lads and their stupid lies and let them wait for my letters for a few weeks. Generally, I'm not even very nasty with all of them as it can be much more enjoyable to have a long and friendly phone conversation with a lad who thinks he will get my monies.

I also believe sociopaths can become successful scammers. They are well presented in all crime. Besides, if there are sociopaths baiting the lads, it's only fair. Your motives don't necessarily make you a bad baiter. Every member on Eater must be aware that I'm here only to meet hot single male baiters and I still feel respected. Laughing

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlys bitch wrote:
Plus I want to be around Slightly in the hopes that some of his awesomeness eventually rubs off on me

The only thing that will rub off on you is squirrel fur, SOOI is a legend in his own lunchtime.

Plus he's psychopathic, egomaniac in his attitude, condescending, ungracious, rude, flippant, in short, all the qualities of a Great Mod.

Other than that, he's not too bad for someone who carries his nuts in his cheeks. Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jealous person wrote:
The only thing that will rub off on you is squirrel fur

Slightly is one hell of a nice guy once you get him to open up to you. The other day he PM'd me out of the blue, just to casually mention that I have a "fabulous haircut". It came as a bit of a surprise, but hey, who am I to pass up on such a great opportunity to suck up to a mod?
(I'm still two pink ponies behind you, you know!)

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sociopaths, psychopaths or insanity are old and weak arguments and are no longer used to explain people’s evil behaviour

It’s a combination of many factors that would contribute to abnormal acts

Baiting on the other hand is not evil nor is it abnormal thing

People do it for different reasons, revenge, fun or justice

Not because they are sociopaths!!!

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Speak for yourself...

Wait, I am getting confused, which side am I on?

Oh, yes, SOOI is a card carrying Censored for your own good 'Noid, I've got your back! Your favorite Mod and I have documents to prove it!

I started baiting for the laughs, but soon saw that baiting is a deterrent or at least a deflector for lad's sociopathic behaviors. The side benefit is that I still get to laugh.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
drab wrote:

-Glibness and Superficial Charm

Check

Quote:
-Manipulative and Conning

Check

Quote:
-Grandiose Sense of Self

Check

Quote:
-Pathological Lying

Check

Quote:
-Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

Check

Quote:
-Shallow Emotions

Check

Quote:
-Incapacity for Love

Check

Quote:
-Need for Stimulation

Check

Quote:
-Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Check

Quote:
-Irresponsibility/Unreliability

Check

Quote:
-Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

Check

Quote:
-Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Check

Quote:
- Total and utter ball exploding awesomeness coupled with a sexiness that induces orgasm in an onlooker at 50 paces.

Check

Yep.

That's one of my RPG characters exactly - and people say I don't method act. What a lot of bollocks.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic