SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do you ever feel like baiting may feed sociopathic behavior?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drab
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I have noticed that my postings on non-baiting forums have begun to be less emphathetic for example. I seem to enjoy trolling more than I enjoy contibuting anything constructive. I don't socialize with other people in real life often so I'm not sure if I have gotten worse in that respect.
What are your opinions on how your baiting activities bleed over into your other day to day interactions with others?
I have noticed that on baiting forums the participants seem to have pretty big egos and are quick to lash out quickly. Are people drawn to baiting because they are sociopaths?
To be honest, I, and I imagine everyone else, may tell people that you do this to help people, blah blah blah, but the reality is we enjoy this for other reasons. Your thoughts?

Profile of the Sociopath
Some common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

-Glibness and Superficial Charm

-Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

-Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

-Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

-Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

-Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

-Incapacity for Love

-Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

-Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

-Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

-Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

-Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

-Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

"I did not ask your to sendme money gram form and shit"
"you can see now that you are a big fool"
"did you know that you are what you send to me"
"DO U HAVE MONEY THAN JESUS??? U ARE A DEAD MAN LOOKIN FOR WHO TO TAKE ALONG GO FUCK UR MUM HOLE
DEAD PIG"
"You are a fool and your mama is an idiot"
"please i can't understant who is the devil, i need help from you. GOD bless you."
"DIE IN HELL MURDER FUCKER"
"hello i is time 4 u to stop being a punk go 4k ur mum in hell"
"i can u feed u fool and ur entire blood fucking familly"
"U THINK I WILL EVER GAVE SUCH ILLITRATE LIKE U MY NUMBER
I GAVE U M GIRL FRIEND`s NO"
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No .. that's just you .. go out for a walk and get some fresh air .. stop at a market and buy some fresh food, take it home, cook it , then sit and watch your favourite DVD/TV program. Also, give you mother/father a call jsut to say hi. You'll soon feel more like yourself Wink

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you ever feel like science may feed sociopathic behavior?

I have noticed that on scientific forums some of the main participants seem to have pretty big egos and are quick to lash out quickly. Are people drawn to science because they are sociopaths?

Do you ever feel like bicycling may feed sociopathic behavior?

I have noticed that on bicycling forums some of the main participants seem to have pretty big egos and are quick to lash out quickly. Are people drawn to bicycling because they are sociopaths?

My point is that behavior on the forums here is very much like any other forums I am on. And there are loads of "non big" characters who work tirelessly to publicise scams, assist victims, shut down fake sites etc. And those "big characters" I do know are not sociopaths (although I am not equipped for proper diagnosis).

Of course overexposure to scammers may lead to an increase of cynicism, but I wouldn't say sociopathy.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My two cents: Baiting does not lead to sociopathy. However I see the scammers as being sociopaths. They don't care who they hurt, how much money they drain from them, what happens afterwards. They just see their victims as tools.

And so far on this site, I have not seen anyone with a huge ego or "lash out" at anyone. I see this almost as a public service, diverting the attention of the crooks. Instead of commiting crime, they are having their time wasted thanks to us.

Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drab wrote:
To be honest, I, and I imagine everyone else, may tell people that you do this to help people, blah blah blah, but the reality is we enjoy this for other reasons.

Wrong.

I got into baiting because I wanted to distract scammers from real victims. And that fact remains as my motivation, even though fun and hilarity is often a by-product.

drab wrote:
Are people drawn to baiting because they are sociopaths?

Pu-lease!

So I'm abusive, irresponsible, without conscience, unable to love, and given to rage, as well as the other things you mention?

I don't think we have an emoticon for Words Fail Me.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drab,

Do you feel any way shape or form like a sociopath?

Had to ask! Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would think true sociopaths would be more drawn to scamming than baiting. I'm sure all scammers hope to one day find a victim that will provide them a large amount of tangible wealth with no concern for the fact this was achieved through destruction of the victim's personal/financial life.

Baiting destroys no one's life. The scammer can quit scamming at any time and find a legitimate means of support. Baiting provides little tangible benefit unless little icons and occasional congratulations are considered "tangible". The reward is in the knowledge that you have helped others, in a small and very intangible way, to avoid becoming a victim.

I think it is critical to draw clear boundaries between the fantasy world of baiting and my real life. I can only offer this... if you feel, drab, like baiting is negatively affecting your real life - stop baiting.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Has no problem lying coolly and easily

Well by definition that's what baiter's do !

If we were not good at it ( and beleivably so ! ) we would not be able to get the scammers to do the things that they do .

But the main aim has to be distracting the lads from getting more gullible people.

No I do not think that my baiting activities have impacted on my day to day life rather I have compartlamised it .

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Honestly, a few of those have always described me, but not enough to describe myself as a sociopath. I will say that baiting has let me practice my ability to waste people's time and generally be an asshole to them, but I don't use that skill on people who don't deserve it, and I feel that I have a very good sense of who I should and shouldn't be an asshole to.

Am I incapable of love or empathy? Nope. I'm just selective about who I care about. Some people just don't do anything to make me feel any empathy toward them.

At least I no longer intentionally hold doors just long enough to hit the person behind me. Wink

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
PastorTim
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firehouse5 wrote:
Do you ever feel like science may feed sociopathic behavior?

I have noticed that on scientific forums some of the main participants seem to have pretty big egos and are quick to lash out quickly. Are people drawn to science because they are sociopaths?

Do you ever feel like bicycling may feed sociopathic behavior?

I have noticed that on bicycling forums some of the main participants seem to have pretty big egos and are quick to lash out quickly. Are people drawn to bicycling because they are sociopaths?

My point is that behavior on the forums here is very much like any other forums I am on. And there are loads of "non big" characters who work tirelessly to publicise scams, assist victims, shut down fake sites etc. And those "big characters" I do know are not sociopaths (although I am not equipped for proper diagnosis).

Of course overexposure to scammers may lead to an increase of cynicism, but I wouldn't say sociopathy.

I personally find this forum to be full of very normal, helpful, courteous people. I don't know what sorts of forums the original poster is used to, but 419eaters are pretty tame compared to most.

I think using the term sociopath is a bit over the top... but at the same time I think the original poster has a point or two. Many people on this forum do tend to justify what we are doing with "They are evil scammers and we're helping the good folks that get scammed"...and that's true. But I think many of us (myself included) enjoy having an evil target to pick on and abuse. We have a valid reason for it and feel it's ok to do so (and I believe this too, it's perfectly ok to bait these people that do this crap for a living). But I don't think we should deceive ourselves into thinking we're heroes for scambaiting, we get pure enjoyment out of torturing the lads and the fact that we're doing something good isn't the only reason we spend time doing it.

Closed lad accounts x 3

I pray to Jesus the almighty our father to come at ending of the transaction this week because he said "Ask me if u need I will give you, Knock the door and I will open Strike” - Dr M&hala

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
PastorTim
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Furthermore I realize, you are posting a rather inflammatory post (characterizing members as sociopaths) but so far not one person has become angry about this. That's not sociopathic behavior.... they may disagree with you, but they are being calm and instead of flaming you or screaming for you to be banned they are discussing your post with intelligence and humor.

Closed lad accounts x 3

I pray to Jesus the almighty our father to come at ending of the transaction this week because he said "Ask me if u need I will give you, Knock the door and I will open Strike” - Dr M&hala

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ drab - Well Done - a worthy and interesting/stimulating/thought provoking post.

Yeps - I have been hiding my Sociopathetricness.

My spending time online supporting victims, baiting and posting the odd "alert and warn" scammer report is merely a ruse de guerre.

I have an ego the size of Russia - and indeedie I not only flame, but carpet bomb anyone who hold a counter/contrary view.

If I have any spare time I play Naughty Bear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naughty_Bear

Twisted Evil Laughing Cool

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The OP seems to be describing lads behavior to a t.I've been doing this for a couple of years now,and can't see anything sociopathic about it.
It is a sad fact of life that messing with people can be fun,but we have found what I consider a healthy outlet for that,people who richly deserve it.The fact of the matter is that we do make a difference for what most would consider a good cause.Just what one would consider sociopathic about that escapes me.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree doc. Our baiting techniques almost depend on the socipathic behavior of lads to work. If they weren't, we would be dropped more often.

@ Kate- Naughty Bear??? Shocked Twisted Evil

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Kate - Really?

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Tim wrote:
But I don't think we should deceive ourselves into thinking we're heroes for scambaiting...

This isn't just about baiting and I wouldn't downplay benefits to others. There is a great deal of wisdom and insight into the mechanics and psychology of scamming and scammers available here.

Numerous people have posted stories on eater seeking help when they (or someone very close to them) have been victims of a scam. I'm sure most benefited significantly from what they learned here. I haven't spent a lot of time at Scamwarners.com but I would wager this is true to a much larger degree on that site.

I shy away from the word "heroes" (I reserve that term for people who voluntarily risk their lives for others) but many who have been directly helped by people here and at scamwarners are very appreciative.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh no, now I have another diagnosis to add to my file... I don't know which to put first, ParaNoid Sociopath or Sociopathic ParaNoid. Confused

Is there a dr in the house?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely. I'm the only only (more or less, probably more less than more) sane member on these forums. Run left! Or stick around, of course, even better. Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Esox lucius
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's dark now and the voices are telling me to go out and strangle cats.
dwatina
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll admit that I enjoy the pain and time-wasting that I administer to my lads. I know that the longer I can keep them tied-up it's less time they have for others. But I also know that I enjoy the hell out of driving my lads crazy. To be honest--I think I enjoy that more than the idea of me being helpful. I suppose that's wrong, but I do go to bed at night grinning at what I've put my lads through than thinking of the victims I may have prevented him from contacting.

But--I read my scam mails carefully and pick the ones I reply to by how believable it is (i.e., how likely a victim would fall for it). And I concentrate on those most of the time. Of course, the mass baits don't count.

I have noticed since joining Eater that I tend to put up with less bullshit from people I know (who are bullshit artists). And I also seem have a better bullshit antenna.

United Kingdom x3 Mc Fry Easter Egg 2011 Elite Ninja Team Member Sand Timer
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
x3 Safari : Femmy Bait w/Team Femmy
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't seem to have affected SOOI at all...

Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Uffe hin Spage
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For me scambaiting is mostly for the fun of it. If I did not get so much satisfaction out of frustrating the lads I wouldn't do it.

However I would not feel the same satisfaction if I was wasting the time of honest people. It is only rewarding to be evil to the lads because I know that they are scammers and that they have it coming. I like the idea of us doing a public service by taking up time they could have been using to scam gullible people but unfortunately I don't think we are making that much of an impact; the number of lads is simply too large compared to the number of baiters.

I have noticed that I have learnt some lessons on bullshit from baiting that can be used in real life. I've become more aware to the bullshit I hear and I have also become better at bullshitting myself. After all lads and baiters have one thing in common; we lie all the time about everything.

"i will have no choice than to prececute you for furgery"
"THANK YOU ONCE FOR THIS EVIL ACT"
"I have some members of Vikings here and I am the coordinator and our god is Odin"
"YOUR HEAD IS LIKE A SPAINISH COW"
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel like a sociopath sometimes, then I go out and get one! Wink

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

callum your sig line with click here and here and finally HERE! Says It All.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I've joined Eater,

I'm not mean, but the mean don't fool with me and I have not gained sociopath tendencies. Very Happy

Corona

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic