SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Safe to send video of myself w/ disguise?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been considering sending a lad a video message (or perhaps engaging in video chat) in which I would be wearing a fake mustache and wig to render myself almost unrecognizable. I'm slightly concerned about the safety of doing this, as it would still provide the lad an idea of what my face looks like. I'm using Gmail, but I think I've heard it's theoretically possible to see a Gmail user's IP address if they look at images in the sender's email (I'm not sure if this is accurate). Chances are the lad won't manage to get my IP address, travel to my city, and recognize me on the street. But the fact remains that I'd be showing my face to a potentially dangerous criminal, so I'm still not entirely comfortable with it and I thought I'd ask for advice. What do you guys think?

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, don't.

You don't know who your lad is. You don't know whether he has a friend or relative in your town, who he might forward the video to. You don't know whether that friend or relative lives five doors from you and might recognise you immediately, even with your wig and fake moustache.

Unlikely? Maybe. But it is never worth the risk. More people may recognise us than we think - we all have a lifetime's history of meeting lots and lots of people. And some of them are very good at remembering faces.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
El Pistolero
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say disguise yourself well and go for it. What are the chances that the lad can locate you based on your IP, identify you in spite of your disguise, and exact revenge on you? It's far more likely that you'll die in a plane crash; does that mean you'll never fly again? It's important to bait safe, but it's just as important to be rational. Don't hamstring your baits with needless paranoia. Follow your gut and do whatever feels comfortable. Happy baiting!

After convincing a lad that his boss has been stealing from him:
Me: am sorry man. what are u gonna do?
Lad: men im gonna burst his ass.

Closed lad accounts x 4
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, umm, yes, I wouldn´t do it either. Gut feeling says definitely no to me towards all cam chats with known scammers. It might give him something to work with later, like a fake passpport you have done for him to convince him, and this is now highly discouraged. I know Shiver has done this in his 2003 and 2004 baits but science has advanced a little as far as Do´s and Don´t´s are concerned Smile
Plus come all the issues that Branwen addresses.
Yes, I know a tiny minority of love baiters has done it but I couldn´t stand it...knowing that your face might now have become a part of a Yoshkar Ola- or Festac Town scamming toolkit (*shudder*)

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless you take the time to create very convincing fake hair it could backfire. An amateurish looking disguise could cause the lad to see through it and drop you.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
ChoppaOfDolla
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you use an low-quality webcam and play around with the lighting, it shouldn't be too hard to make your face impossible to see.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mega Bandit wrote:
But the fact remains that I'd be showing my face to a potentially dangerous criminal, so I'm still not entirely comfortable with it and I thought I'd ask for advice. What do you guys think?

You've answered yourself. If you're uncomfortable in the least little bit, don't do it, because that's common sense talking. I wouldn't want my face, however disguised, in front of a scammer. Save your disguise for the next costume party you attend with friends. Don't waste the effort on a scammer.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
thrylos7
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFae wrote:
Don't waste the effort on a scammer.

True.

If anything, your lad should be dressing up for you Wink

I HAVE TRIED TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS TWICE AND HAVE SPENT A TOTAL OF 10 HOURS THE FIRST TIME AND 6 HOURS THE 2ND TIME AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FINISH THE PROCESS YET. I CANNOT BE DOING ANYTHING WRONG - Sheik Mohameed Salam, satisfied SS customer

And I must tell you that I am not in support of you stealing a car, how can you stoop so low, are you a criminal? You are compounding your problems if you don't know. - James O.

I wish you were in front of me; you deserve 12 strokes on your butt. - Emmanuel K.

send me the MTCN number, the name and address of sender. If you cannot do that like you Americans say get fucky out here now.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE ASSHOLE BEAST

Closed lad accounts times ten
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't bother. It's a waste of time and what's the point if the lad finds you or uses your video to scam future victims, like cigarettes, just don't do them.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really depends how good your disguise is. If it's an Inspector Clouseau type disguise then 'no', if it would fool your mother then yes. Try it out, put it on, go knock on your mothers/freinds door. If she tells you to 'go away you silly oaf', then it's failed, if she dies of a heart attack then .. erm well.. keep the disguise on and leave the country quickly.
Let me know if it works.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Halloween, yeah. With real criminals, better no. Smile

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
rocknrollnobody
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really wouldn't do this. I did gets asked to join a video chat with a love-lad once, but the temptation was outweighed by the dangers, no matter how small the possibility.

You are still showing yourself to a criminal, and like has been said on here many times, a lot of these scammers have some form of contact in your country (UK and USA especially). It wouldn't take much for a screenshot of you to find it's way to a criminial in your country, which is when it gets dangerous.

Don't bother, make them dress up for you, and possibly dance, like a little girl, on one leg...

[Free portrait of you with sexy goats!]

"WESTERN UNIN SAY IT FAKE AND YOU LIE. THEY LAUGH AND I FEEL FOOL. I WAIT FOR 5 HOUR TO GET WESTERN OFFICE AND YOU TRICK ME. I AM HIGH RESPECTED BANK OFFICIAL AND YOU TRICK ME WITH LIES AND FAKERY" - C0llin Sh1elds (a high respected bank official, apparently)
"I hope this is not another game as i do not have time for such games as i mean business here. I would not want to commence on a never ending journey or an uncompleted project with an unserious man." - Barrister Joseph Goldsmith doesn't want a never-ending project. Shame...
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really depends which part of the body you show. Can anyone remember those 'bum' faces.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wowwow: You mean this disgusting game. Laughing

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
EuroBoy1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once I met a girl on a webcam site and she din't have a cam on for some reason. I told her to send some pictures to my baiter mail and so she did. She started talking to me how she would love to talk to me on skype. So far she hasn't mentioned money one single time. I still have my lad radar on.
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm generally inclined against doing it at this point. I think I'll stick with email and phone conversations. I have also considered the idea of putting my voice on low-quality movie/TV footage and trying to pass it off as video of myself.

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
ThankingArthur
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't bother, mainly for the effort reasons rather than safety. But if you do go on with it there's a few ways I'd make myself unrecognisable.

I'd sit in front of a large window in broad daylight, you will appear very dark and almost like a silhouette.

Then you can put on a fake beard and a hat and, if you don't already wear them, a pair of glasses and you'll look pretty far from yourself.

Safari Morgan: Accra, Ghana to Lomé, Togo and Back. (~370km total) "it was hurt i paid hotel bills and also rented a car to pick Sarah up at the airport it was so hurt i spent money to go down to Lome"

12x Closed lad accounts Oink.

i promise you .you shall pay for this -Another satisfied customer
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^A hat and sunglasses screams "disguise!"

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or... claim your face was horribly disfigured in fire so you are only comfortable talking with him on web cam as a Señor Wences-style hand puppet:

Forget the hair and body in the image above. Just paint on some eyes and lips. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why even bother with a disguise? Make sure the quality is low enough or the resolution is small enough that the lad couldn't recycle it, and you're good to go.

On the account I use to chat with lads, I have a full face shot of myself as the profile pic. I haven't woken up to find burning bags of feces on my porch yet. Nor has my house been mortared by the omnipresent, omniscient Illuminati-esque death squads that everyone seems to think lads have.

Shed the baseless paranoia and your baiting will be so much more efficient.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could also probably cross the road without looking for cars many times without getting hit, it doesn't mean anyone will recommend doing so because it's not safe or necessary. Many members here bait very effectively while also baiting safely.

We recommend baiting safely here, which means keeping your real identify and baiting identity completely separate. What you choose to do on your own is up to you but please don't encourage other baiters to bait unsafely.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apart from the safety concerns, why bother?

You're making a video, you're doing more work than the lad.
It's meant to be the other way around - he does the work, you get the trophy.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any time you are in contact with someone (let's say for instance your lad), you give away pieces of information about yourself:

You always give away the fact that you speak the language you use to communicate with the lad. When you quote-reply and don't edit out the time stamp you give away your time zone. Many baiters (including myself) have no problem talking to a lad on the phone without changing their voice or using a morpher. (So they know I'm male and have a Dutch accent.)
Personally I'd rather give up a voice sample than my IP. I would however not be comfortable giving up a clear picture of my face. Just like getting on the phone, getting on video chat can boost your character's believability. It proves willingness.

You can stick a piece of scotch tape on the lens of your webcam. That way they can see the basic shape of a human and make out big movements and gestures. But not more. (If it still looks too good, use 2 layers.)
Note that video chat probably gives up your IP as well.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic