SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baits are tough!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
khawk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting is tougher that I expected. Don't worry, I'm learning fast and never give up on anything... Anybody got any good tips. Also, I've got a tough one called Rothy [email protected]. Ususal -"I'm a beauty from Africa" - This guy's a tough nut. I've emailed him from multiple accounts refining my technique each time. He seems to see through most baits and eventually doesn't resond. Does an expert wat to take a crack at him. Please let me know how it went.

Khawk

Email address removed until evidence of scam is posted - Branwen
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

khawk, will you please post the lad's first email, preferably with headers, to accompany that email address.

At what point have been dropped by him before?

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Kerblamowz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The important thing to do is to remember to bait slowly. Stretch your responses over several days and keep delaying and questioning everything. After a few weeks the scammer will fool themselves into believing that you are a genuine maga. They will want to believe because they don't want to have wasted so much time on a baiter, they'll be in denial!

I'm currently doing my first ever bait and I've stretched it out over a 3 week period before bringing in stupid stuff. My poor lad just wants to believe I am genuine.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it in time.
remember you're a well willing victim that is just slow in understanding, has no computer knowledge, has no scanner and is basically very forgetful. For the rest you're the ideal victim Twisted Evil

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like others have said, bait slowly and don't push for too much too soon. Also, you mentioned having a go at the same lad, who continues to drop you. Keep in mind lads are all different, just like you and I. This might be a very suspicious lad who will only go after victims who are willing to do (insert thing you aren't doing). IE phone calls, sending real ID, etc. Some lads just aren't as great to bait as others. Bait enough of them and you will find some good ones who are loads of fun.

Edit to add:
I've been dropped tons and tons of times when I've done nothing "wrong". Lads drop you for God knows why sometimes. The key is to bait in bulk, you will lose a lot of them but the ones that stick around are the ones you can really mess with.

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
gerald.fird
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been dropped after saying I'm interested. Surprised

Safari Mrs. CHIPIWA MAZIVA - Johannesburg to Cape Town - 1800 miles round-trip

"IDIOT DEY FOOL YOURSELF........ YOU NON GET WORK DATS WHY U DE FIND FOLLOW UP..... ILLITERATE
TAKE MY ID MAKE U ADD ME

MAKE I SHOW U MY WEBMAIL... U WILL NO DAT AM NOT HUNGRY... HUNGER GO KILL UR GENERATION"
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey khawk, you have just stumbled onto the secret of baiting... it IS hard. It is a battle of wits. The lad is trying to out wit you to get you to send him money. Baiters are trying to out wit the lad to make him think that you are an actual victim they can extract money from.

Sadly a lot of early baiters think it is easy, they get frustrated and disappear from Eater.

The reason "bait" was used, is that baiting is like fishing. You put something out to try to entice the scammer to go after you. Just because you try doesn't mean that they will join you. Getting them to join you is the "art" of baiting.

NB: Have you ever noticed that it is called "fishing" and not "catching"... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Agreed. Kinda like someone who has never fished watching fishing on TV and see the guys slaying trophy fish left and right. They might think "Hey I wanna do that too! All it takes is to put some bait on the line, throw it out there, then reel in some trophies!" Doesn't always work so easily! Smile Just like scambaiting doesn't always work so easily...

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
David Bone
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great thread. I've found the same thing. I had one lonely lady who wanted just friendship (and cash). The minute I didn't send her dough she just stopped replying.

My longest one right now has been going since June 12th. I've been approved for a $250,000 loan. So far, I've negotiated the interest rate down from 3% to 2% and finally 1% (heck I should just ask them to pay ME interest). And I got them to drop the "fee" from $850 to $500. I finally got around to sending my WU payment today (that WU receipt generator is *awesome*!) Unfortunately, the MTCN on the receipt I scanned was covered with a Post-It that said "Send my money now!". (Oh, is that number important?) Not 5 minutes later I got an urgent demand for the number. I think he's going to have to wait now til my weekend-long 4th of July party ends.

My most promising one involves my forthcoming trip to Amsterdam though to pick up a trunk stuffed with $30M. (See the "Packing my bags" thread: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1560587#1560587). I need to book my flight now.

I'll admit, it's more work than you'd think. Sort of like panning for gold. The occasional gleaming nugget makes all the rest worthwhile.

"I am married to Watson Ghayth an Arabian who is dead." (Bummer)
"...said 100kg Alluvial Gold Dust is free and clear from aliens"
"it is one year today we both never heard from each other"
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome To the facility khawk! Very Happy

Lads work, we play! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic