SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Questions from a beginner :

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask two questions :

- Do you think I should worry about my IP appearing in mail headers (I live in continental Europe)? I know Hushmail removes this information, but it only has 2 mb of storage available for free. And Gmail asks for mobile phone validation... Fastmail explicitly states in its privacy policy that it transmits the IP with every mail.

- My second question is more of an ethical question about tattoos : don't you fear that making lads get tattoos might expose them to the risk of getting AIDS, especialy in African countries? I read that universal precautions are not always followed in this part of the world.
Mat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

About getting around the SMS vertification, if you already have a g-mail account, you can put the excisting gmail as "recovery address", that way you should slip right thru the SMS chek.

iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't, 'cause their privacy policy is deplorable.
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmail sms verification - entering an alternate email address may solve the problem. you might also try signing up with a different username (ideally one not including digits or certain words that may be "scammish"). Here's another thread with a few more suggestions.

regarding tattoos - this ethical issue has been discussed to death (search the forums for tattoo + ethics to get a sense of just how many discussions there have been). The very short answer is that there are only a very few baiters who pursue tattoos, and if you are at all uncomfortable with the idea, just don't do it.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks a lot. Since all of this has already been discussed, should I remove this thread?
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater mate

Man your avatar is fucked up dude Shocked

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say no (about removing the thread) - it never hurts to have a current discussion on regular baiting related issues. for example the gmail situation may have changed since the thread I linked, in which case it's useful to have new information...

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few moments ago I was able to register to gmail - using another gmail account as a recovery address worked perfectly to dodge the SMS verification. But whether this succes is statistically significant, is another question... Smile
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never had to use SMS verification - I've made a fair few number of gmail accounts Laughing

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As regards gmail, I find them very good to use as baiting accounts and I've set up new addies recently and it seems that if they require SMS verification, they may not if you come back later.

You'd have to work very hard to get a Lad to have a tattoo, so you're unlikely to arrange one by accident. I have no qualms on the issue and am trying hard for them now. Once you get to know scammers better you may change your mind on that aspect, but you set your own personal limits.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
robin meeblind
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just set up two new accounts and neither required SMS authentication. Each country does require different security measures though, for example USA requires DOB while UK doesn't.

I am very surprised that you as a person could do all those things without knowing infact i am becoming very unpleased - 4uthur R1ch4rds
Cellphone Closed lad accounts x5
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think SMS verification might be useful in case your email got compromised

A pissed off lad keeps trying to hack my account without any success so far

But in case it happened, I can restore it easily

You can use pay as you go sim card Very Happy

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By the way, what are the other ways of catching a lad apart from "guestbooking"?
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome, iridium! Your avatar disturbs me slightly. Wink
(Why didn't I get any email notification for that PM...?)

There is a forum near the bottom with some surplus scam letters. You could always just pull the reply-to address from one and send an "I'm interested, please tell me more" email to him.

You could also BCC the same thing to a couple dozen of these: http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/scammer-email-addresses.html

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
iridium
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a lot!
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Iridium,

The guestbooking works like a charm.. 1 entry and I got more lads than I can handle daily Smile

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am afraid I have to agree with black dog, that avatar is royal screwing with my head.

As far as the tattoo aspect goes, I look at this way;

The lad I got inked contacted me, with the sole purpose of stealing my money. I may have led him on a bit, but he was happy to take my last dollar even though I needed it to pay for surgery to stay alive, (i was an old lady needing a heart operation) basically he told me that it was ok to send that money even though it was all I had, because I would be receiving millions from him immediatly after.

Look at the same story but from his point of view;
I found this old lady, she has a few grand cash she can send me, she is thick and believes my bullshit, I'm so going to buy myself a rolex now! Oh yeah she will probably die now because this is all her money and it was put aside for a heart operation, but I can justify that by.... by.... by.... ROLEX!!!!!!

So call me unethical if you like, but I truly hope, from the bottom of my heart that my tattoed lad, DID contract some disease from his tattoo. You may never agree with me, but I am sure that as you bait more, and get to know lads, you will at least understand why many of us feel this way.

However I do understand the otherside of the dice, and basically it comes down to, if your not comfortable, don't do it. We all only do what we are comfortable doing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic