SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ever heard of Josphine twumuwaa or [email protected]?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
marvinbrown1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She claims to be from Sunyani, ghana. She has a brother Isaac Oppong who goes by the nickname OP. a person i know is a victim of her scam and we are trying to figure out what to do.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Marvin, its hard to give you a good answer without some more to go on.

Going by the email address alone, it does look like an email address a scammer would use but that would hardly constitute any proof.

That said, Scamwarners our sister site is better equiped to help you, 419eater is devoted to playing with scammers while Scamwarners is there to advise and help victims.

The following threads should help you get the help you are looking for;

This one for recognising a romance scam http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

This thread for helping the Scamwarners Support team to help you http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

And finally this one for inportant information before you sign up at Scamwarners http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8186

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
marvinbrown1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would someone be able to bait her and see what they could come up with? Her email addy is [email protected]. Thanks.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Marvin,

Unfortunately without a little more to go on the members here would be reluctant to bait this person based on an email address alone.

I am not suggesting that you have gotten the email address of your exgirlfriend and asked us to bait her but that is something that could happen if we baited this person based on what you have told us.

If you could post some of the early emails you received and a header if you know how to find it then we will be able to prove it as a scam and begin baiting.

If you need a hand to find the header, let us know which email provider you use (yahoo / hotmail / gmail / outlook/ ect) and we can give you specific instructions on how to find a header, in most cases, the header alone will be able to prove a scam but the early emails as well would be a huge help in getting our baits started.

The links I gave you in my earlier post will give you a good rundown on the type of information we can use and how to post it

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
marvinbrown1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The email provider of this woman is yahoo. Here are a couple of her early emails. . She says she is from Sunyani, Ghana

4-21

Hello John,
Please how are you doing there and hoping all is well with you there..I am glad you responded to the ad.Thank you for your nice email to me and I wonder the type of help you would like to offer me.
I want to know if you are looking for a long term relationship or what.
I am hoping to hear from you soon..
Kindly let me know the country you are from..Have a nice day
Josephine

4-24

Hello My Dearest John,
Thank you for your nice email to me and hoping that all is well with you there this morning.
I am so much happy that you are also looking for the same as I am looking for a man for a long term relationship which may lead us in meeting,.
As I told you, I am Josephine Twumuwaa but you can call me as Jo as my friends use to call me. I have never marry in life and I have no kids. I am 28 years of age and live with my old disabled Mother and a loving brother Isaac. We live in a rented apartment in a city here in Ghana called Sunyani.
Please can you tell me your real full name, age and which state do you stay in the state.
Do you have yahoo messenger sot hat we can chat to know each other well.
I will be much happy if you can send me some pictures of yourself to me.
I am hoping to have a chat with you soon..Kisses and Hugs
Jo

4-25

Hello John,
Good Morning to you there and please how are you doing my dear. I deeply miss reading from you and so sorry fo the delay in replying to your message you sent to me.
I really like your age and your age seems to be comfortable for me. Please john can you kindly tell me the exact dating site you had my email address from.
Please john, in my previous email I sent to you, I was asking you if you have yahoo messenger on your computer so that we can have a chat together and see me live on web cam some day if possible.
Have you Marry before and do you have kids?
Tell me the exact work you do for a living. I work for a super market as a part time worker.
I am hoping to hear from you soon
kisses and hugs
Jo[img][/img][img][/img]
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The emails above read like the emails from a scammer and i dont have too many doubts that it is, that said, searching on them has not given me any proof of tehe scam and there are no money requests, although I can see where they might be introduced with a sick mother and loving brother to have some misfortunes.

Unfortunately from the point of view for baiting, we still dont quite have proof.

The header will provide the proof we need i am sure but to give you instructions I need to know which email provider you use, i kind of figured that this person used yahoo with that email address.

For finding headers, we do have some information in our love baiting sticky, if you have a look in my signature line there are some links, the first one asks if you want to learn to romance bait, click that link and have a look at the 6th post in that thread

marvinbrown1234
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry i didn't read your previous post well enough! lol I use yahoo as well. i gave you her's. my bad!
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain

This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([email protected])

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To find the headers in Yahoo it's quite simple, open the email you want the header for and scroll to the bottom of the email.

find "Full Headers" and click on it, a new box will open with the header.

Copy the header and remove your own name and email address, it could be in there twice Wink and paste it here.

From Kate's post, it looks like your scammer's email address has been reported so even if we do prove it as a scam we wont be able to bait.

You may find you are contacted by the same scammer with a new email address, if you are, please post it here with the header and the baiting can begin

Ivana
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

at least they're honest about being from ghana...

the ones that offend me most say they are us or uk citizens (who travel) and use white ppl pics...

but money requests are coming, the background is already set - sick mother, loving brother -- car accidents, cancer, malaria, etc... even tuition for the loving brother to continue school...or a straight up request for food money (they are always starving although I got one to admit he was eating US 5$ a day meals at a hotel 3 times a day)...

without knowing what "ad" they talked on -- 4ppl, craigslist, etc. it is hard to convince someone suspicious about a mail out of the blue...where did we meet...

spent a night in jail for "wondering aimlessly"in benin city - Kelvin

"that i might be talking with an antichrist" - Kelvin
"thanks for all your effort witch never prove positive" - kelvin over m7cn s3cur3
"is hard ok i can not sleep becouse of it" - due to m7cn s3cur3 - Kelvin
"i even had a sleepless night because of it" - 2nd lad, m7cn again Very Happy
"i cant go through the stress overnight again" - 3rd lad from M7CN
Reiko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Weird what a random google search turns up. You could have said something Marv Smile

Anyway, it is my father that Jo has been dealing with. I've been hesitant to involve outside help, preferring to watch and wait for her to slip up. It hasn't happened and she continues to get her weekly allowance of $150-200 plus assorted goodies; laptop, mp3 player, clothing, etc. As far as he is concerned she is as legit as can be. I have my doubts...

The email failed because her address is [email protected]. Marvin missed an 'e'.

The received from line in a header reads:
Received: from [41.218.207.123] by web111620.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 04 Jan 2010 01:42:48 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/9.0.20 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 01:42:48 -0800 (PST)

Is that what you were looking for, or did you need more of the header?
maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep IP is 41.218.207.123 Ghana (Accra)*

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
StrawberryShortcake
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reiko wrote:
I've been hesitant to involve outside help, preferring to watch and wait for her to slip up. It hasn't happened and she continues to get her weekly allowance of $150-200 plus assorted goodies; laptop, mp3 player, clothing, etc.

From my own personal experience with my mom, I tried sitting back and waiting but things only got worse. As far as her/him slipping up I doubt you will know about it if she/he does slip. My mom didn't notice any of the slips or red flags. If Jo does "slip" I doubt your dad will share that info with you or he may never notice them himself. The scammer will take and take and when all the money is gone they will ask them to go borrow more money. I found that all the time I spent waiting for the online love affair to die out, the deeper the scammer had his claws into my mom. Crying or Very sad If her email addy isn't ringing a bell anywhere what about a picture? I am sure if your father is sending her money and gifts she has sent him pictures of herself.

I owe so much to scamwarners and this site (Eater). They totally saved my mom and my relationship with her. Follow up with the links that Murry posted for you..

Like Barney Fife always said~~ you've got to nip it, NIP it in the bud.
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Received: Tue, 15 Jun 2010

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

best guess record for domain of [email protected] designates 67.195.9.85 as permitted sender

by n5.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP

Received: from [80.87.92.48] by web111618.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP

Ghana Telecom
One Touch GPRS Network

X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.1.4 YahooMailWebService/0.8.103.269680

Quote:
..HEY MAN I AM SORRY YOU SENT THIS EMAIL TO THE WRONG PERSON..I AM A MARRIED WOMAN AND DO NOT SPEND TIME WITH YOU FAKE GUYS ONLINE..THANK YOU. MRS. JO WILXXXERS

Quote:
IN SOME CASES Yahoo use a special protocol "NNFMP" to denote sender MAY be in a list of known scammers, or is using special software to hide their own IP address and details.

Note - it does not necessarily follow that if this protocol is not in a header - it should be assumed that the mail is NOT from a scammer.

It is a common scammer ploy to "marry" vics online and take vics name.

I also strongly suspect this scammer has been alerted by the victim to possible bait attempts, but will carry on attempting to interest this scammer.

I am concerned the "taken" name maybe the real victim name, so have disguised.

Goat
Reiko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cathartic Kate wrote:

It is a common scammer ploy to "marry" vics online and take vics name.

I also strongly suspect this scammer has been alerted by the victim to possible bait attempts, but will carry on attempting to interest this scammer.

I am concerned the "taken" name maybe the real victim name, so have disguised.

I fear Marvin's earlier attempt at baiting her has put her on the defensive. The taken name indeed is my father's. I've been back and forth so many times as to whether this person is a scammer or just someone who wants an "easy" life in the states. Either way, my dad goes broke...

So much of it resembles classic scams, and at times it doesn't. He actually went to Ghana and married her back in February. Pictures of the wedding certificate matched those I found online. He hired a lawyer to handle her visa app. Though gettting info/paperwork out of her often takes threatening to cut off the money supply.

She's currently trying to get money for rent. 1500-2000 up front for a 3 year lease? That doesn't even sound right. This has been her first push for a larger sum of money.

I was not aware of the NNFMP protocol. It was not in the January header I had saved, though it was in the header of someone else I found he was sending money to that was confirmed to be a scammer.

StrawberryShortcake wrote:

From my own personal experience with my mom, I tried sitting back and waiting but things only got worse. As far as her/him slipping up I doubt you will know about it if she/he does slip. My mom didn't notice any of the slips or red flags. If Jo does "slip" I doubt your dad will share that info with you or he may never notice them himself. The scammer will take and take and when all the money is gone they will ask them to go borrow more money. I found that all the time I spent waiting for the online love affair to die out, the deeper the scammer had his claws into my mom. If her email addy isn't ringing a bell anywhere what about a picture? I am sure if your father is sending her money and gifts she has sent him pictures of herself.

Yahoo messenger has been archiving his conversations but I've not been able to get anything out of them to prove her false. Her poetry has been easily traced, but the pictures look to be her own work. She spends a lot of time on the webcam, so the pictures do match, though I've not seen her on the cam myself.

Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are not many but some scammers are women who will show their faces on webcam or have the pictures taken for you, it is very rare but certainly not unheard of.

The puzzling thing for me is why she would be trying to hide eher IP, or indeed why she would need to.

Do we have any of the very early emails that Marvin received, perhaps they may hold the key to more evidence of scamming

StrawberryShortcake
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
He actually went to Ghana and married her back in February

Ahh well then, that's a horse of a different color.

I'm pretty sure the pictures and webcam will match up given the fact that your dad went there and actually married her in person. I was unaware that he actually met her face to face. I wonder if your dad is the only person she has married from the web? Also, who married them? Was it legal? Could it be possible that it was a total fake to make your dad think he was married to this woman? Is she still listed on all the dating sites? I see she asked your dad which site he found her ad on, so there must be more than one or many sites she is listed at. Does she have internet in her house or using a cafe?

So she met him in January and in February he flew to Ghana and married her??.. WOW she is good!!.. I'm just glad your dad returned home with no physical harm.

Reiko, I hope you are able to help your dad. I personally know from where you sit, its real difficult to know what to do and when to do it. That is why I PRAISE scamwarners, they know what they are doing. So please, If you want to help your dad then click the links that Murry has provided.
Quote from Murry
Quote:

Scamwarners our sister site is better equiped to help you, 419eater is devoted to playing with scammers while Scamwarners is there to advise and help victims.

The following threads should help you get the help you are looking for;

This one for recognising a romance scam http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

This thread for helping the Scamwarners Support team to help you http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3561

And finally this one for inportant information before you sign up at Scamwarners http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8186

Kate~ You are so right, (once again, Very Happy ) They pretend to be married to the victim Sad .. They amaze me, with the MANY ways they have found to build trust and love in the victims eyes.

Edit to ask Murry, Kate and others Smile Has there been cases before where victims have met/married the scammer only to fly back home so he/she could continue to send her/he money? Fake wedding with fake forms?
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Edit to ask Murry, Kate and others Has there been cases before where victims have met/married the scammer only to fly back home so he/she could continue to send her/he money? Fake wedding with fake forms?

It's not common at all but yes, it does happen, the marriage is generally real, paid for by the victim of course, they need to fly back home so they can make money to support their new spouse and visa and immigration will prevent them from living together in most cases.

The scammer would view this as a golden opportunity to really hook their victim, while the victim is back home and working the scammer will be busily scamming others.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No further replies received.

Strawberry and others have given excellent advice concerning Scamwarners.

Another consideration that could help is seeking legal guidance/advice.

Goat
Reiko
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:

It's not common at all but yes, it does happen, the marriage is generally real, paid for by the victim of course, they need to fly back home so they can make money to support their new spouse and visa and immigration will prevent them from living together in most cases.

So it does happen on occasion. This was always a sticky point while deciding if this was a scam or not. I never came across any other similar cases during my research.

StrawberryShortcake wrote:

So she met him in January and in February he flew to Ghana and married her??.. WOW she is good!!.. I'm just glad your dad returned home with no physical harm.

The first email was dated 28 October. She began using love on the 30th. I'm still stunned at how quickly it progressed, but then again he proposed to my mom 3 months after they met so he's not one for wasting time...

Thank you all for your help and advice.

I will look into Scamwarners and hopefully find a way to resolve this soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic