SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Crimewatch BBC1 9.00pm tonight.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

SOCA is hoping for a similar response after a Crimewatch feature on romance scam fraud on BBC1 at 9pm, 15 June 2010.

SOCA fraud expert Colin Woodcock is interviewed during the piece which focuses on a particularly harrowing story of one victim and follows a journalist's attempt to uncover and confront some of the criminals in Ghana.

The piece highlights the arrest of a man suspected of posing as an American soldier and conning British women out of at least £772,000. He was arrested after SOCA instigated a sting operation in conjunction with the local police.

Clicky.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone care to record the piece and upload it later? I'm out of the country ATM and I doubt iPlayer will work in Turkey Sad

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from Main Scambaiting.

Thanks for posting about this.

Quote:
The piece highlights the arrest of a man suspected of posing as an American soldier and conning British women out of at least £772,000. He was arrested after SOCA instigated a sting operation in conjunction with the local police.

Glad he was arrested. We've seen a ton of this type of scam at ScamWarners lately. Evil or Very Mad

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very good news Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent news Very Happy

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry never expected ppl new about it before it was broadcast, i wrote mine while it was being played.
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
Anyone care to record the piece and upload it later? I'm out of the country ATM and I doubt iPlayer will work in Turkey Sad

iplayer will work in Turkey if you use AN English proxy, so i hear. I would just like to say, it is proved if they want to catch the people they can, quite easy.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's being broadcast in the UK, does that mean I won't be able to view it in the US? (Assuming it's on BBC)

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As i said use an English proxy u can. its not on iplayer yet, i will put the link here , maybe others can convert?
spot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try this :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/solved/howtheycaught/ghana_datingscammers.shtml

MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You got the piece Spot.
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Just saw this

Unbelievable, did you see his mansion and the swimming pool ? Shocked

Great work by SOCA

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So why can't they arrest more? that took 3 BBC reporters? got 4 or 5 that took just under 1 million. And they were put on it by a scam baiter by the sound of it
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn! The proxies won't even let me view it, saying that JavaScript needs to be turned on and to install Adobe Flash player.

Edit: Right when I got the player to work it told me it was not available in my area again.

Edit 2: None of the proxies are working and I can't find it on Youtube. So I'm not going to bother trying to watch it.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."

Last edited by Kokomeister on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You got the latest 10.1 flash players? my last player was updated last week
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

subway 1 wrote:
^^^Just saw this

Great work by SOCA

Yeah i saw the poor Nigerian in his mud hut, lol
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where can I go to get that then? I tried many British proxies and I thought my flashplayer was up to date.

Edit: I'm going to try the inferior browser to Chrome, FireFox to see if I can view it.

Edit 2: I updated my flashplayer and installed Foxyproxy on Firefox but it will not load when I try to use the proxy. It acts like a broken link.

Last edited by Kokomeister on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No idea, i live in the uk, but i know a few people that get bbc in, canada and the usa, i will have to ask, but they aint here now. with all these comp savvy ppl here some1 must know.
MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the theme of it Can you put a value on love? If someone you cared for was in trouble and needed your support, wouldn't you pull out all the stops to help - even if it cost you money?

Screen grab of dialogue between victim and scammer
Many believe they are helping a nurse from America or perhaps a British soldier stuck in Afghanistan, the stories are elaborate and sophisticated. But they are just stories thought up by Ghanaian scammers.

The victims are lead into a trap, and made to feel like they are the only ones who can help. It's not until police and the serious organised crime agency knock at the door that the truth becomes clear, the love interests they’d been pursuing were actually fakes. This is the Romance Scam.

To those looking for love, lonely-hearts columns and Internet dating sites can be the answer to a new relationship, but increasingly fraudsters are using these gateways to prey on innocent Britons, luring them into a false sense of security then scamming them for cash. It's leaving a trail of victims up and down the country with emotional and financial ruin and it's costing us billions every year.

Dena White
Much of this fraud is coming out of West Africa and our film pays particular attention to the work SOCA has been doing in Ghana, a hot spot for scammers.

These organised gangs or syndicates join an online dating service and befriend their victims. They create fictitious online profiles often using stolen photos from the internet. They strike up a relationship with their victim, often spending weeks or months chatting online and building trust, letters are also written and sent by post. Then they invent a complicated situation where they claim to need money urgently and persuade their victim to send them cash.

Loaded 9mm Revolver found in the back of a car in Ghana and owned by a scammer
"He said he loved me…"

One such victim was Dena White, from West Yorkshire. Her experience at the hands of a Ghanaian romance scammer left her struggling financially and emotionally.

Dena started internet dating after the death of her husband a number of years ago, following a couple of false starts she finally met someone she thought she shared a real connection with.

He called himself Steve Moon, and claimed to be an American divorcee and retired army officer. They were soon spending hours every day emailing and instant messaging. "He said he loved me and he wanted to come here and see how we got on", Dena explained. She had no reason to feel suspicious, but then the scammer struck.

Asola Fadola
"We'd been communicating for about a month and then he said to me, 'I have to tell you, I'm not actually in America at the moment, I'm in Iraq'," Dena said.

The scammer went on to spin Dena a complicated story and eventually persuaded her to part with some money. She remortgaged her house and sent him everything she had - £45,000. But 'Steve' didn't stop there, telling Dena he was being held hostage in Iraq he claimed he need £120,000 to pay off his captors.

Just days before Dena sold her house police stepped in, they'd been tip-off anonymously. They broke the devastating news: Steve Moon had never existed. He was a fictional character created by a scammer, using photographs stolen from the internet. The Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) traced Dena's payments, and those of other victims, to the account of a Ghanaian businessman, Asola Fadola.

Asola Fadola's house in Ghana
SOCA, together with Ghana CID and Ghana National Fraud Office found Fadola after months of investigation, he was finally arrested earlier this year. But Dena is still suffering the consequences of the scam and faces the possibility of having to sell her house to cope.

Targeting the vulnerable

In the UK, SOCA has a special team dedicated to tackling this type of fraud, they work closely with Ghana Post, Ghana CID and Ghana National Fraud Office. Colin Woodcock, MBE a senior manager at SOCA says romance scammers target the lonely and the vulnerable. He says scammers are willing to devote hours to cultivating their victims before asking for money. "They are clever, clever people and they are very entrepreneurial," he said. "…there’s lots of conversations that go on for weeks and even months and they have to remember all of that."

When snaring online victims scammers will lift pictures of attractive people from the internet and claim it is a photograph of them. Colin explained that they often ask for smaller amounts of money initially, before persuading their targets to part with larger sums.

However people duped by the romance scam could even be risking far more frightening consequences than just losing money, according to Colin. "You could end up being kidnapped," he said. "That's happened. People have come here (Ghana) and been held until they've paid money."

Are you being scammed?

If you think you've been a victim of fraud, you can contact Action Fraud - the UK’s national fraud reporting centre. You will get a crime reference number and information on victim support. Action Fraud also offers information on how to protect yourself against becoming a victim. Find Action Fraud at www.actionfraud.org.uk or call 0300 123 2040. Please note that the BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.

SOCA also has these scam-busting tips for anyone considering using dating sites or singles columns:

Be suspicious of anyone you have not met in person asking you to send money abroad. Even a cheque for a small amount can provide fraudsters with your bank details and can be altered and used in other fraudulent ways.

Speak to them online via a webcam and ask yourself whether this is the same person you have been chatting to online or by email.

Tell someone trustworthy where you are going and plan regular contacts. Agree what they should do if you miss a contact.

Report incidents of actual or attempted frauds, kidnaps and extortion.

Think you can help?
Please use the form below to contact us about this appeal (items marked * are required).

Name *
Email *
Phone
Your Comments
* I have read and agreed the BBC's Terms and Conditions

Disclaimer
Please note all emails will be read, but due to the high volume of mail we cannot guarantee to answer every individual message. Please see our FAQ for answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Find a case
Use the dropdown menus to search for cases by crime type, location or date of show.

Appeal type:
Crime:

Enter your email to receive updates about arrests, convictions and new cases.

unsubscribe
Crime Support

Call Crimestoppers anonymously
anytime on 0800 555 111
www.crimestoppers-uk.org

What is Crimestoppers?

Been affected by crime? Visit Crime Support for advice and crime prevention tips.

More about the case
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

subway 1 wrote:
Great work by SOCA

If it can be confiscated and sold, his victims may get some of their money back. And if they investigate any prospective purchasers, they may cuff some more scammers.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone ever questions our ethics again, they should be pointed to that video.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, i certainly haven't posted here in a while!

By chance I caught the end of crimewatch last night hand thus saw that piece. It got me hungry for baiting again. That reporter who did the meets in the hotel had some serious balls, be it brave or foolhardy. Seeing the guy's mansion gave me another reassurance that what we do here is right beyond question.

See you around!

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
StrawberryShortcake
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

banghead Grrrr I can't view the video.. Sad
maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Koko Dn just go to BBC website and watch it online
here http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BBC UK wrote:
Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to Radio channels home page

I can't. I don't live in the UK. Besides that iPlayer proxy didn't work at all either. (The one for FireFox called "Foxyproxy")

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic