SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

online dating scam US military claiming to be in Iraq

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nieve1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have fallen for an online dating scam. My first night using an online dating site, i was IM'd by a US Military guy claiming to be stationed in Iraq. He mentioned he was retiring from the military in July 2010. He emailed photos to an email account i had set up specifically for online dating. He spoke english eloquently in his first few emails. He emailed me photos of the barricks in Iraq, his room (he says he is a sargeant), his troop and also him attending a wedding. He says he is from TX. He told me not to tell anybody about us because he would get in trouble with the military. When i asked him how he could get in trouble, he said he is in warzone and isn't suppose to be online. When i asked doesn't being on internet jeopardize his safety? He said he didn't know. He asked me to buy webcam to ensure i was same person who is in photos. He says he has been misled before. Nieve me bought a webcam and let him see i matched my photos. He asked me to send white tshirts, candy, AXE body spray to "his agent" in Ghana that would deliver to him in Iraq. Does this sound strange? Does to me. Below is his email IP address stuff. can anybody help me decipher origin of this IP address? I'm speculating it is from Ghana too .

Received: from n4-vm0.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com ([67.195.9.7]) by snt0-mc2-f21.Snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);
Sat, 12 Jun 2010 02:01:41 -0700
Received: from [67.195.9.81] by n4.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 12 Jun 2010 09:01:41 -0000
Received: from [98.137.27.212] by t1.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 12 Jun 2010 09:01:40 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp122.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 12 Jun 2010 09:01:40 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 49522 invoked by uid 60001); 12 Jun 2010 09:01:40 -0000
DKIM-Signature: <cut>
DomainKey-Signature: <cut>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: <cut>
Received: from [41.190.88.250] by web113718.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 12 Jun 2010 02:01:40 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/11.1.3 YahooMailWebService/0.8.103.269680
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 02:01:40 -0700 (PDT)

Fixed blowout: removed the long unnecessary parts of the header to make it fit on the webpage without having to scroll sideways - Branwen
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi... I think I'll call you n1, if you don't mind, because it's not nieve to be tricked by a scammer - they are good at what they do.

Quote:
Received: from [41.190.88.250]

Yes, that is a Ghanian IP address. It is a 'proxy', which means it hides the real location of the scammer (this is not necessarily deliberate; it might, in West Africa, just result in a faster connection), but it is unlikely that anybody who did not live in Ghana would use a Ghanian proxy - so I think we can guess that that is where this scammer was seated when he sent you that email.

The first few emails, written in eloquent English, were unlikely to be written by the scammer himself, but were pre-written 'scripts' that he chose to use.

If you'd like to communicate more about your experience with this scammer, or ask any questions, or warn other people about him, I recommend our sister site ScamWarners: click here to go there. There is a Victim Support forum, a Personal Accounts of Scams forum, and a Romance Scams forum, one of will be suitable for your needs at this time.

I'm glad that you were suspicious of this correspondent.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
nieve1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

is there anyway the webcam video will be used by this scammer? i haven't done anything i wouldn't want anybody to see but i don't want the video altered and uploaded to the internet.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you had a 'live webcam chat' with the scammer, it is extremely unlikely that he recorded it, or even had a computer programme available to record it.

If you sent him a pre-recorded video, again he is extremely unlikely to upload it to the internet - though if somebody (unlike yourself) sent him an 'intimate' one, he might threaten to do this ... even if he had absolutely no intention of actually doing so.

Scammers are thieves, and all they are interested in is stealing money from people, by their trickeries and lies. If you drop all contact with a scammer, ignore his emails (and telephone calls, if he has been ringing you), and by these actions make it very obvious that he will not be getting any money from you, then it is simply not worth his while to bother with you anymore. He might try just a few more emails, but he will then give up .... and go and look for another person to target, in the hope that the next one will indeed send him some money.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
bigdedition
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would so love to mess with this dude.. I got a program so I can feed fake live videos through my webcam and record everything. ask what his AKO email is? Im military so if he does not know what it is then he's fake. IF he gets it to ya i can track him down.. mabye let the real owner of the email know whats going on. Every military person has AKO email.

Closed lad accounts x1
nieve1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bigedition,

I'll try to get his AKO address for you. Yesterday i did "ask him a few too many questions" and he claimed "i dont trust him and was sacking him away". I had no clue what "sacking him away ments" so i asked him. He said it meant "i was trying to breakup with him". He then told me he wasn't going to talk to me again until "he got back to the state". Nice grammar.....I'm online right now waiting for him to IM me. This is our usual time to chat. Knowing now it is the ideal time for the 419 scammers. I really want the "real military man" to know he is being impersonated. I would love for you to help me anyway you can. I feel totally violated having someone impersonate another person.
nieve1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Bigedition,

sorry for a few typos in my response to you. Just having my first cup of coffee. Don't want you to think I am also a 419 eater with my typos.

I'm shocked that the world has come to this.
bigdedition
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry about typos.. Anything I can do to help I will. Im currently in Afghanistan my self going home on leave in July.. can't wait.

Closed lad accounts x1
nieve1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Big D
Skank scammer is online now. how do i bait him without him suspecting anything. i really want you to mess with him.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

n1: As this scammer will presumably have your real life details, please do not bait him using the email address etc that you have been using to genuinely write to him from. If he, at any point, realises that you are 'messing' with him, he will be angry - and you do not want him to be angry with the real you.

Now that you know he is a scammer, just drop all real-life contact with him.

If you want to bait him, you will need to set up an anonymous email address, using a false name and completely fake information, and then write to him from there, as if that fake person has received and only just now read his initial message. It is not recommended, though, that you bait your own scammer - your own emotional feelings (anger, etc) can lead to responding reactively, and even to making mistakes.

It would be better, therefore, to leave this one for others to bait. And then, after you've set up your fake baiting mail address, to choose another similar scammer to bait instead. There are a lot of them out there, using similar tricks and lies, and you will be able to help distract one of those from writing to real victims.

bigdedition
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok.. i got his email i just need to know what site you met him on and i will make contact with my person. I would advise you not to make anymore contact with him as well.

Closed lad accounts x1
ks7400
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have also been approached by someone online hinting at wanting money. His emails come from this address below

X-RocketHELO: nm19.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
X-RocketMAILFROM: [email protected]
X-RocketRCPTTO: [email protected]
X-RocketMSGID:[email protected]#0
X-Originating-IP: [98.138.90.82]
Authentication-Results: mta1024.mail.sk1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO nm19.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com) (98.138.90.82)
by mta1024.mail.sk1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:30:21 -0700
Received: from [98.138.90.51] by nm19.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Jul 2011 21:30:21 -0000
Received: from [98.138.89.252] by tm4.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Jul 2011 21:30:20 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1044.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 26 Jul 2011 21:30:20 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 85541 invoked by uid 60001); 26 Jul 2011 21:30:20 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1311715820; bh=RA6Fm8Co/e0qbDNtyiaUfXpwnraCdx1bwKPR5zUPVSU=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

Can you tell me where this is coming from?
Jeannette
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome ks7400,

I'm sorry you have been contacted by a scammer. Unfortunately, he used a trick to hide his location: The NNFMP in the header means that instead of his own IP, the header points to the headquarters of Yahoo, Sunnyvale.
If you want to share and discuss your experience, please consider going to our sister site,
www.Scamwarners.com
Your post there will help other victims. too.

Olly3008
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he happens to send another email (With your real email i wouldnt reccommend emailing back) Try getting the headers of that and use the online tool http://www.iptrackeronline.com/header.php to track the idiot!

Me:you gonna poo on me?
Abraham 0gho:Until u become honest

Ming Yang: hold for 15mins please i want make use of the bathroom
mountaineer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I met a similar person on match.com who pretended to be in the army in Iraq, retiring in December and had the very same storey as Nieve 1. He asked for axe body spray, white t-shirts, video games etc. and then his "agent" in Ghana would deliver them. He said he was a master sargent, his wife had died five years ago of cancer, his parents died in a plane crash when he was 19. After awhile he asked me to send him 15,000 dollars because he was set up by iraqis while on night patrol. He sent me photos etc.. Luckily I had been doing some on line research and knew not to send him any money. I hope all women will beware. His email address was [email protected] and pretended to be Roy Napier. Beware!
quack2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG I'm glad I googled sgt.napier1963. I just got contacted too.
mountaineer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What happened and where did he contact you?
quack2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mountaineer, like you and nieve1 he IM'd me, then got online on Yahoo with userID sgt.napier1963. He said exactly what you described, the wife, how his parents died, he never got a care package, he's a master sargeant, he's on patrol (in Kuwait), etc.

He didn't ask for money... yet. Its only been 2 days, but he wanted to know where i lived, etc.

Today I decided to google his userID and saw this
mountaineer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He didn't ask me for any money for two months. I even told him I would not send any money when I first started talking to him. He is very good, he thought I trusted him and then asked for money. When I told him no and that I found out his whole scam then he started threatening me with harm. He continues to deny he is a scammer.
quack2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He was a bit abrasive. Last night i was watching a sports game and told him I'd PM him later, and he got very upset! Then he started talking marriage, and I said I'm not even divorced!! He gave me the creeps anyway.
mountaineer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, he talked marriage after two days?? Creepy is right. I was hoping someone would see my post and not fall for his scam.
quack2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i did! Thanks... i owe your post a lot
mountaineer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he contacts you again then tell him Lisa from Tx says hi. :D
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't mind a go at this asshole as well. If you feel like it, PM his details and he can expect a visit from "The Ditz"

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
quack2u
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Ditz, i got scared after reading this I blocked him from everything but his Y! name is Sgt.Napier1963. On Match he's bald, loves showing his military photos and if he tells you his wife died of cancer (actually I think he told me a terminal heart something) and he's an E8 class Sergeant Master, he's the one!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic