SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

SOCCER SUCKS!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to have to agree with the threads title, Soccer sucks, simple as that, it is just plain gay. And I swear if anyone retaliates to this comment I will throw myself on the ground, grab my leg as if it's broken, ball my eyes out like a 4 year old girl, and hope for the sympathy of the umpire, when nobody responds to my pathetic act I will get up and continue playing. Got to do the act just be in the spirit of the worlds most un-hetero game.

GAY GAY GAY.

end rant, I probably shouldnt come back to this thread

edit: and american football is no better, take the armor of you woman.
Aussie rules any day of the week!

Last edited by Huntington on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This whole argument about which is better - American football or that soccer thingy - is easily resolved.

Please remember, with respect, that our Omniscient Lord God on High, the Supreme Creator of the Universe and All that is Holy, gave his second son to this sport.

CLICK HERE FOR CLARIFICATION
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Huntington, it is a very happy sport, I agree. Wink

Everyone has different tastes depending on the environment of their upbringing. (I for one like tennis, which some people find more boring then paint drying) Some people like high scoring types, some don't. I don't think you can objectively say which sport is best and nor should you completely slam a sport into the ground. In the end, it is entertainment for the masses and mass promotion for sponsoring companies/brands, for any sport.

This is a silly thread.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
This is a silly thread.

Well... it is evolving away from the original intent.

It started off with a challenge to the soccer purists to defend the wisdom of the offside rule because I think it makes deadly boring what could be a far more enjoyable game to watch. This was not intended as a my-sport-is-better-than-your-sport debate. I actually want fans of the game to explain how the sport of soccer is improved by the offside rule. I think it would be far better without it. "Goalhanging" and "to each his own" arguments notwithstanding, I still haven't heard a convincing defense of the offside rule.

To add a little more perspective, I was adamantly opposed to basketball instituting the 3-point shot. This was not part of the game during my playing days and I hated it when they changed the rules to include it. Now that it has been around for many years I have grown to like it. In fact, in retrospect, I wish we had that rule when I was playing because perimeter shooting was the best part of my game!

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember hearing this thing on radio where sports psychologists did an experiment where they left a ball in the middle of various school playgrounds, single sex and mixed, and monitored what happened when the ground filled up with students.

If a group of boys came across it first their natural instinct was to kick it around. Girls would pick it up and throw it to each other. I'm not drawing any conclusions or trying to make some anti-pro football point, (and can't remember what the psychologist deduced) but that's what they found happened more often than not.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you don't like soccer, don't watch it, like my relationship with golfism (a good walk ruined).

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
golfism (a good walk ruined)

Truer words were never spoken! I suck at golf but I still like to ruin a good walk once in a while. Very Happy

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
And then the Australians have rugby and Aussie rules football. I'm not going there.

Laughing

Actually I like most sports, and don't like to say any are truly boring. I remember the first time I went to the US, we still had silly pub hours in Blighty, and on a Sunday you got kicked out at 2.30pm. Anyway, I went to a bar in Chicago and watched the Bears play a very long football game on a Sunday, and beer was served the whole time. Converted me it did.

pony
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't know much about soccer, but Mexico did look kinda silly playing South Africa. Not what I expected from almost rabid fans I see, from Mexico that is...

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even though I think soccer could be improved by some rule changes, I will probably still watch a few World Cup matches - especially if the U.S. is playing. I just like high-level competition and watching great athletes do their thing. Don't think I would ever pay to go see a match in person, though.

lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have lived almost eight years of my life overseas and during that time I was in proximity of two World Cups (Germany and South Korea). I appreciate the excitement and passion it generates and the low scoring doesn't really me. To be honest, I was always spooked by the fans, especially in the UK, where I was advised to never get on a train that was taking fans home from a match.

A few years ago in the US somebody who was disturbed by scores of 1-0 and 2-1 developed an abomination called the Major Indoor Soccer League, which was a kind of a cross between soccer, hockey, and pinball. The typical score was something like 27 to 22 but never really developed a following and mercifully it has dropped off of the radar.

Forgive my use of the term "soccer" but note that we imported it from the UK.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only times I watched soccer (football, whatever) was some of the World Cup games in 1994 and the very first game played in the new stadium in Sunderland when I was in England in 1997.

I liked watching the fans more than the games themselves, though the Sunderland game was made more painful with the musical "entertainment" banghead before the game began.

But honestly I can't say too much since my sport to watch is baseball. Which I know a lot of people either find dull or doesn't make sense (though it makes more sense than Cricket)

MrJoeBloggs
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How can any American call our football slow? Do we change our team every 5 mins? or stop after every 1 yard?

lakeside77 wrote:
I have lived almost eight years of my life overseas and during that time I was in proximity of two World Cups (Germany and South Korea). I appreciate the excitement and passion it generates and the low scoring doesn't really me. To be honest, I was always spooked by the fans, especially in the UK, where I was advised to never get on a train that was taking fans home from a match.

A few years ago in the US somebody who was disturbed by scores of 1-0 and 2-1 developed an abomination called the Major Indoor Soccer League, which was a kind of a cross between soccer, hockey, and pinball. The typical score was something like 27 to 22 but never really developed a following and mercifully it has dropped off of the radar.

Forgive my use of the term "soccer" but note that we imported it from the UK.
Come to Fratton park, we are only 20k but listen to us , its not the good 1 but i can't find it now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFg2Yjd4EmA

Mod edit: Moved post from a few minutes ago to the beginning of this post. Please use the edit button. TS Very Happy
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^If I were AC Milan I wouldn't get on that pitch unless you built a moat around it. Wink

But if I'm ever in Portsmouth maybe I'll drop by.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic