SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Now I'M A Scammer? haha

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this in my catcher account. I assume it is not a scam, and that it is a baiter (or group of) trying to educate themselves on scammers. For the record, I had a Forum post here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185048&highlight= in which it appeared my catcher account had somehow been grouped in with lad addresses in a mass insult bait. I am assuming this is a similar situation (still no idea how my catcher account got thrown in as a lad account). The link in the email takes me to a site where I appear to fill out a genuine survey about scamming. (I didn't finish taking it because I didn't want my answers mixed in with real scammers and skew the data) Email addy was [email protected]

Quote:

Dear Sir,

As it seems that you are involved in such activity, you have been invited to participate in a survey about 419 scam.
For your participation, you will earn 100$ if you answer sincerly and completely to every question !

It should take you between 5 and 10 minutes to complete the simple 20 questions !
100$ for 10 minutes of your time sounds like a very good deal to us, so please help.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us.

To participate, please click on the link below.
http://survey.anacrim.org/index.php?lang=en&sid=35939&token=cc58mkh6ttmexjd

Sincerely,

The Scam Survey Team
----------------------------------------------
Click here to do the survey: http://survey.anacrim.org/index.php?lang=en&sid=35939&token=cc58mkh6ttmexjd

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

weird stuff anybody here know what this is please?

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANIMAL THAT EVER EXIST ON EARTH. FB

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be some malware stuff. Or "please leave your email address for future use" blah blah.. and receiving new scam mails after doing so Smile

Whatever it is, you won't get $100 from nobody.
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Was it sent to you, or to undisclosed recipients?

It looks like it came from maybe not so much a baiter per se, but a non-scammer who studies scammers and gathers info/statistics about scammers and scams.

Maybe they just want to find your (or someone's) IP. By clicking that link they know where you are (IP wise), and from the "token=cc58mkh6ttmexjd" bit, they know which mail it was. (If they keep track of which token they send to whom, which is likely as that is the whole point of the token.)

If people here have clicked that link, then they get 'hits' from all over the world, so they know that is was posted somewhere public. They may tell from the 'referrer' http header that is was posted here on eater.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also we're now on the first place for googling that domain

It looks like a baiter or former baiter to me. Promising easy money to lads, isnt this baiting technique?

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Agreed with Mortal that it is a Baiter-esque message. I seem to remember reading somewhere (I think on this site) about people surveying known scammers by promising $100 for their honest answers (and obviously never delivering on the goods). I assume this is the same people, or at least the same format, in a more organized manner with the website and all. I am fairly convinced of this. I still just wish I knew why I occasionally get baiters emailing my catcher account. I mean it doesn't matter, but the curiosity is killing me! Smile

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
scamintelligence
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I'm the one behind this survey. As I don't want my answer beeing "google-ized", I won't say anything but that it is not a joke Smile

If you want more details, please PM me.

SI

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait It Up wrote:
Quote:
(still no idea how my catcher account got thrown in as a lad account)

A possible reason, could be :

- it was set on a scammers list per accident

- or your address was spoofed and used for scam-mails, or as a return to: and therefore put on a list.

Since about one year, my RL mail-address is used as a from: for spammail, and this happened to many other people too, as these are valid mail-address.
scamintelligence
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep,

I agree with partysan. I see a lot of my spamtrap mail addresses use a return_to: addresses.

That's maybe the reason why one of your address was in my database.

SI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic