SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

When is a necro not a necro?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Quick query - when does answering an old thread qualify as a necro? Eg is it when it's fallen off the first page, or maybe after a month of no new posts? Just wondering where the line is drawn so i don't accidentally cross it.

Cheers,
C x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no real hard and fast rule. Ongoing bait threads often get updated after a dormant period. In that case, a bump is sensible because it keeps everything in one place. Generally, a bump is a good idea if there is a relevant update, but not necessarily to post something like "that's awesome, whatever happened to this one?" Other threads like "Goofy crap your pets wrote lately that made you laugh" are meant to be ongoing collections of similar stuff and are exempt from the necro police.

Threads that center on something that is more transient, or where the contributors may no longer with us don't really need to be revived. Use your judgment. If we don't agree with you, the consequences will be swift and painful, but that's how you learn. Wink

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also some leniency with the Published baits. If new members read a completed/published bait in the publish your work forum and want to give feedback beyond "wow, great job", that's usually ok.

The fake sites and offline fake sites fora are exempt from the no-necro rule. In there, we prefer to have one thread per domain for tracking. If you find a fake site, please do a search of those fora first to see if there is an existing thread and the domain has previously been killed and come back to life.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

necro

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a bit like the Duck Test .

I don't know precisely what the definition of a necro is, but I know it when I see it.

If there's a 3 week gap between F1 races, I dont go and start a new F1 thread, but someone searching in the archives adds 'Good job!' to a 2 year old bait thread, expect it to get locked and pruned.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Klaasvaak: I figured you'd wait a month or so before doing that. Wink

This thread can also be exempt from the necro rule. Next time someone wants to necro a thread for no real reason, have at this one. Laughing

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Come on, you know better. Confused I understand you want to comment on Klaas's post, but that was over 13 minutes earlier. Please just create a link to Klaas's post and start a new one. Rolling Eyes

*click*

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic