SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I Go Chop Your Dollar

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lou Knee Dude
Pisses Everybody Off

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new here, so this may be old news. But, I found it interesting....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand this music video is big in Nigeria. The video celebrates the practice of scamming.

Here's a straight version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktz7vc70hZ8&feature=related

Here's a version with sub titles: (makes the words easier to understand but also includes pictures of fake documents that move across the screen.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73XOUuUusew&feature=related
Bart Fargo
Corporate Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow!!

I don't know if it's some Nigerian parody, or they really are serious. Though it would be cool to make our own baiter video.

Lou Knee Dude
Pisses Everybody Off

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a Google search on "I go chop your dollar." Apparently this has been around for five or six years.

My sense is that it's intended to be humorous, but is not a parody. They're making fun of the mugus and rationalizing that 419 scams are "games" rather than crimes. The production values seem quite high to me (i.e., not "rinky-dink") I think it reflects the true mind set of the intended audience.

And it's quite a catchy tune too, no?
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that's been around for a long time -- five years, in fact. The music video is actually satirical, though some "yahoobois" did pick it up as something of an anthem.

It comes from a Nigerian film about 419 scams called "The Master." The film is actually very interesting and reasonably well-acted, although the production values are poor. (It's available on DVD.) Despite the way the song appears to glorify scamming, the movie is considerably less upbeat and shows both the depradation and degradation of the scammers -- who are not above scamming their own neighbors. Ultimately the movie shows that 419 doesn't pay.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Lou Knee Dude
Pisses Everybody Off

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Juan. I'm glad to know that it's part of a movie that doesn't glamorize scamming.

I will find the movie and watch it.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Losta stuff on youtube, some theirs, some ours, some from other baiters. Be warned, not all videos are considered ethical by Eater statndards. so don't plan on learning from them. There are a lot in the video forum as well. Read, read and read Very Happy

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nollywood The Master parts 1-2 watch it here full movie

http://afrika.am/the-master-nkem-owoh-kanayo-o-kanayo-charles-inojie-sunny-harp/nigerian-nollywood-movies

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
Charlie Goonde
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeh I came across this around xmas and loved it!! (listening to it as I write this!) I thought everyone on here would have heard of it. Btw I asked my mentor about the dolla chop as I was a bit unsure to just what it was, I know that to us (baiters) it means when you tell your lad that you sent the money to an other non existent lad (sometimes played by an other baiter) and hence has "chopped his dollar" making him go crazy!

But my question is what does it mean to the lads? Do they say it to each other when they do it for real or is it just a baiter creation?

Thanks.

** Mentoring Guru **

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It means exactly the same to the lads when they communicate with each other.

Having baited several as a 'Guyman' and as other lads...wanting to share 'jobs' The phrase comes up quite often.

pony pony pony
Mortar x153
maninblack
419Eater is my life

Location: Reality, But it's an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In Nigeria the word Chop means to eat something, IE they don't eat lunch they chop. Same with your dollar, they eat it.

The Indecisive (Erraticus maninblackicum): Lad who puts differing answers down for the same questions on seperate attempts at getting their MTCN on MTCN V@ult

Well i just want to know if it is Sandra my girlfriend that you are having sex with now , How can you collect my money and also fucking my girlfriend what the hell on this earth have i done to you that make you to be treating me this way, No one as ever make me shed tears long time ago but you are making me to do it now what have i done to you.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the link! It was a long watch, but very interesting. Shocked

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
Charlie Goonde
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info Cherrie, and thanks for sorting me with a mentor! slightlyoutofit's been v helpful! Only took a year and a bit but thanks! Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic