SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I need help finding links about this.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mtdewjunkie09
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I seriously just recieved this email from my ex. Well, NOT my ex, but from someone claiming to be.

Quote:
Sent: Wed, June 2, 2010 5:31:54 AM
Subject: Emergency

Am sorry i didn't inform you about my urgent trip to England,i don't have much time on the PC.Actually I had a trip to England but unfortunately for me all my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged due to a robbery incident that happened in the hotel.Have been so restless since last night because i have been without any money moreover the Hotel's telephone lines here got disconnected by the robbers and they are trying to get them fixed back.I have access to only emails at the library because my mobile cant work here so i didn't bring it along,please kindly lend me $2000 or any amount you can afford when i return back i will refund it back to you.Am so confused right now and don't know what to do,i have been to the embassy and they are currently looking into my case.Please send the money through Western Union Money Transfer.Use my information below to send the money.

D***** *****

Address:10 Brompton Road,
City- Kent
Zip Code- ME7 5QT
Country- England

Please attach the payment slip via email or you can send me the information you used to send the money including the MTCN.I will surely refund the money when i return.

Thanks for your concern

Thankfully before hitting the send button I seen that the email address in the To field when I hit reply is 1 letter off his actual one.

I've tried searching for scams like this on here but I can't seem to find any or I'm not putting in the right keywords. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm emailing him right now warning him to email and let all his contacts know he's actually ok.

Thanks so much,
me. =]

edit: crap I put this in the wrong section. I could of swore I was in the right now. I actually had the right one up, just different tab. Sorry bout that. Sad
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a very common scam. You are right, if he still has control of the actual account he should contact everyone about the scam and have them block the simulated account. He should also change his email password right away. It is worrisome that the scammer was able to contact you; he had some way of getting at least some of your ex's contacts. So it is possible his real account has also been phished.

Here are a couple of recent discussions of this topic (found by googling friend stranded phished site:419eater.com)
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1542213
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1475614

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
mtdewjunkie09
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much, I've just emailed him and explained to him. Hopefully he'lll actually listen to me about it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic