SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My bait is getting very strange...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dralasite
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I have this guy, apparently from Switzerland (based on Header analysis) who tried a Next of Kin scam. It's been weeks now and he hasn't so much as mentioned me sending him money, which is odd thing #1. Every other one I've done has been asking me for money within the first 3-5 emails. I'm at about 10 now.

Odd thing #2 is he's sending me faked forms to fill out (asking for bank account numbers and such) and giving me the numbers to put on it. Is this just an obedience test to see if I'll do whatever he tells me to? (I almost want to do it without delay to try to reel him in and trust me more, but I'm not sure it's such a good idea.)

I decided to ruffle his feathers a bit and not respond for 3-4 days, and managed to get him to leave me a voicemail on my k7.net number. I don't recognize the accent, but he sounds almost fluent in English, which is rare for my lads. I'm sort of at a loss here, actually... I'm starting to get the feeling he's more intelligent than my African lads. I'm not sure my normal methods of operation will work with him. He isn't asking me for anything, so it's hard to boss him around like I can when I'm dangling money over a lad's head.

Anyone have any advice for this increasingly odd bait I'm running?
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Contrary to popular belief, lads are no more or less intelligent than the average cross section of any given populace. Most simply have no concept of baiters or baiters' motivation for baiting them. In my experience, an intelligent lad is more likely to get himself in serious trouble with a baiter because; knowing that he is smarter than the average lad he is more likely to believe that he is above being fooled by a mugu (lad-slang for victim/idiot/fool).

Just fill out his forms with fake info and ask questions about his scam as if you believe his scam might be a legitimate offer but are not entirely convinced. Don't let the lad proceed to the next step until he has given a satisfactory answer to your questions. Every answer he gives can bring up more questions, but try not to be too difficult in the beginning. As long as the lad thinks you are making progress, he will stay in contact with you. The longer he stays in contact, the more cafe-money he has invested in you and he will be less likely to drop you later on. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New scammer species:

The Slow Burner (Tiptoeus persistia): Lad who doesn't ask for the cash straight out and attempts to lure his victim in slowly gaining trust.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in a similar bait. Where everything goes exactly like the lad told me it would, and he provides everything the bank asks for, like he told me he would. A will, a deposit slip, a death certificate, ..
Then one day the bank sent me the news that they transferred the millions to my account, and attached a transfer document. Less than 30 minutes after I told my lad that the millions were on their way to my account, the bank notified me of a 'stop order' because of some unpaid fees. Lad offers to pay those fees, but can only raise half the amount.

So it is not primarily an obedience test, altho that is probably a secondary objective, but meant to give you the impression that he is a man of his word. To make you feel better about helping out with some fees.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here. I've been in a bait for well over a month without being asked for any kind of money. Well, my lad "took up a loan" or "sold his car" or something to cover for some "initial cost" but didn't ask or suggest that I should pay him back at any stage.

The bank was introduced a week ago.. they're extremely slow and hardly any fun so far..
Dharma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See the 20 minutes movie in my siggy (it’s based on a real story).

Some lads will wait for months before asking for money

Safari Accra- Douala(i only have one thing to say to you, go Fuck yourself and have a nice day Ok)
Safari London to Edinburgh(with DD)Sterck
Safari The Road to West Darfur (with Dr Mike)
Safari X2 Accra- Douala- Mundemba (Why do you put me in pain)
Safari Ireland to Sweden- Zion
Safari Nigeria- Chad (with Dr Mike and Agda)
Safari X2 Liberia- Ivory Coast, (with IG)
Safari X3 Nigeria to Chad- Steve & Tony(T**T team)
Safari X3 Belgium-Sweden-Denmark- Congo(with Dr Mike and Dane)
(Safari Safari Safari) X2 Operation Gold 2011
Safari X23 Random safaris (You are a bastard beast)Akmal
Golden Pith Rame Head 2013

Upgrade!
Scambaiting Tools!

Last edited by Dharma on Mon May 31, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wowwow wrote:
The Slow Burner (Tiptoeus persistia): Lad who doesn't ask for the cash straight out and attempts to lure his victim in slowly gaining trust.

I think that's an endangered species these days. At least 99% of the ones I've encountered have tried to rush me towards the cash as quickly as possible. Some have even asked for it on the first mail.
Whatever happened to foreplay? Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Technomancer wrote:
wowwow wrote:

I think that's an endangered species these days. At least 99% of the ones I've encountered have tried to rush me towards the cash as quickly as possible. Some have even asked for it on the first mail.
Whatever happened to foreplay? Rolling Eyes

Same here Smile

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes indeed, almost all of my scambox e-mails say, we're a bank, we'll send you millions, fill out this form with your details and send us cash. The take up on that mod must be so low, but if you send out a few million of them you might make a few dollars a week from first time idiots.

Technomancer
We've had this species for a while now Smile

The Premature Ejaculator (Ejaculatii tohellicum): Lad who goes straight for the big money without the foreplay.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Stealth
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dralasite wrote:
I'm starting to get the feeling he's more intelligent than my African lads. I'm not sure my normal methods of operation will work with him. He isn't asking me for anything, so it's hard to boss him around like I can

I'm note sure of the details, but lads are springing up in all sorts of paces. Which is why we always cay "bait careful".
A scammer is often very street smart, but not always intelligent. Some will 'smell a rat' early on and some are totally retarded. You have to play it as you find it. Chances are you will always be smarter than them, just that you will have morals.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had Lads on my answerphone with perfect US accents and recently I even had a female scammer leave me a message, and that's a first for me.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ GomerPyle
I've spoken to lads with perfect Oxford accents but no ladettes!

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

dralasite
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
I've had Lads on my answerphone with perfect US accents

Interesting. Americans running scams? Or just people who can fake American accents? Either way, I wouldn't have expected that.
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@subway 1, I watched the movie referred to in your siggy, and it made me feel absolutely sick. How utterly horrible. Crying or Very sad Given that the man was a trader, I can see how he would have thought the scam was a credible business transaction. Evil or Very Mad

Thank you for including that link in your siggy, Sub. Thumbs up

ETA: @dralasite, yes, Americans scam too. I've already got two USA flags in my siggy, and I've been site-killing for only a couple of months. And if memory serves, here on Eater I've read of at least one safari which occurred in the US.

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads are everywhere - Canada, USA and the UK and Europe. Even places you wouldn't expect like Russia, China, Japan and Australia. The Canadian ones have a reputation for producing counterfeit cheques and I got a Lottery scam in my catcher account today quoting a Chinese telephone number and Lads, like anyone, will learn to adapt to the language and manners of the local population.

The Lads who've travelled outside their home country are usually more worldly wise and less susceptible to wacky stuff but, as ever, it's impossible to generalise.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wanted to chip in my 2¢ as well. Had a "tiptoeus" as well recently
and a rash of "hit you up" for small amounts $150 in the 1st mail to
$20,000 in the 1st script.

Have to agree, the slow to mention the cost are rather rare.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic