SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Johnny boy wants to send me 10 million or something..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On my first real baiting-attempt, initiated by mr. John Mat (...) from South Africa using a Chinese Yahoo-address with 'johngoodman' in the address. Ofcourse, he is fully trustworthy, which he supposedly proven to me by paying his lawyer to set up some documents that I had to sign.

Too bad he ran into J. Erkov (har har!), who is the head of a financial institution of a country that has only recently separated. Needless to say, even Google Earth doesn't know of it's existence Wink and phone companies keep screwing up on the new phonelines they have to set up so I can be reachable. Mr. Erkov is, ofcourse, financially independent but would like to proceed with this undoubtedly lucrative deal.

So far I've been baiting him for a full month. Lots of struggle with documents, mr. Erkov has to make sure not to involve John's employer (a 'reputable bank of South Africa') in this connected to John, etc. etc.

Well thus far I've been stalling him for a month, I haven't been asked for cash (yet, though his banker has only been involved since 2 days now!) and the lad -or his bank anyway- already made an international call to a very far-away island (our national phone company accidently messed up and gave my number away to the international airport of some Caribbean island).

More to come.
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Popie Jopie, welcome to Eater.

Your scam sounds like a pretty standard one, but I must say that a month is quite long for a banker to get involved. Usually you get to the paperwork people within a week or two.

Giving your lad other people's phone numbers is frowned upon. The airport of some carribean island is an ITP or innocent third party. There are some phone numbers you can send (like the japanese talking clock). I think there is a list in the 'cool stuff' sticky in the HH&T forum.

I trust you've read most of the stickies and Eater-U. You may get yourself a mentor as well.

Have fun, give 'em hell, happy baiting!

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know ITP's are not usually done. Honestly, I thought I provided a phonenumber from the Tourist Information but it turns out to be the airport.. pretty general in my opinion -- I set up a "free" voicemailbox (callvibe.com) that they can reach me at (or not Wink) next time. I'm a 'very busy businessman and may not be reachable at all times' ...

In any case, I'm trying a lot of stuff out on this one. Yes, I got the paperwork after 2 weeks but it took "my lawyer" 2 more weeks to "sort out the difficult forms" (I almost had him explain "swift codes" to me, but he got impatient and fearing I might lose the lad, I miraculously figured it out).

A picture may be out of the question for this one but I'll see what I can get out of it.

Offtopic perhaps, but I've been on the internet for 12 years now (used to be on IRC networks for just over a decade) and seen pretty much everything you can imagine from interpersonal digital contact.. so I thought I'd give this a try.

BTW, why isn't the Letter Archive on the frontpage being updated regularly? I'd love to read the complete transcriptions, finished most - if not all - of them and still having a good laugh reading them again.
the vampire
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Popiejopie (yeah) Your name brings back memories from Pisa and Verona Very Happy
You can also try a K7 number, which also gives the lad an opportunity to leave a voicemail message. http://www.k7.net/
I don't know why the letters archive isn't updated anymore. Maybe it's because i'm a boring baiter and since my arrival here all other baits became just as boring.

edit: now i have that song in my head again. Shocked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyZn3vyy3M

I'm always right! - Branwen
GoatEaster Egg Penguin Pole Dancer Purple Flower Mc Fry
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Vampire, now I have that song in my head as well...

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm right now my lad's bank 'demands' phone contact .. yuck .. voicemail won't do, apparently. Let's see how they handle the requirement of a paper trail for our communications Wink but I fear this bait will be over soon..
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both the bank and the lad aren't responding. Shame. I think I lost them.. might try to dangle a carrot but my feeling says it's useless. I've had them for a month (or a bit longer) and they never even asked for cash yet Wink

Dare I ask if I can put the history of the bait up here for educational purposes?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Popiejopie,

When your bait is finally over, you can post it in the 'Publish Your Work' forum here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

There are some tips here, and if you'd like a good read of other people's baits while you are there, there are some favourites listed here - please feel free to add links to your own favourites!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hah! Speak of the metaphorical devil: my lad just emailed me back trying to insult me (but failing miserably, ofcourse) and saying I should continuously stalk the banker to take action if I wanted the matter resolved quickly. As if, buddy!

Now trying to hurry them along by "expecting a supplier from Ghana who will deliver some gold within 2 weeks" after I had "been through intensive negotiations and spending money on the promised goods".

Thing is, I don't really have the time (in 'real life') for multiple baits at once let alone have a mentor.. but I'm thinking my lad and the banker are in fact 2 different people (the email headers suggest 2 different locations, though the bank is 'masked' behind a private IP range) and I was wondering if there is a good way to make them blame eachother for delaying the whole matter? Setting them up against eachother, so to speak?
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Very Happy

Sounds like you're off to a good start Wink
Have fun!

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Smile most definately will. Was hoping for a bit more 'engagement' but this is not exactly the most willing lad in the universe. Don't really know how to tickle his fancy yet, I 'flew over to one of the countries near him' and hinted that he could have followed my flight online, and all I got was "uh, why would I want to do that??" and inviting myself over to 'settle this deal rapidly' resulted in "lets see what the bank wants first before we rush into things".. d'oh!
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Popiejopie wrote:
... Was hoping for a bit more 'engagement' but ... resulted in "lets see what the bank wants first before we rush into things".. d'oh!

He had a whole play prepared with death certificates, testaments, deposit slips, stop orders, bankers, lawyers, etc.. He wants you to go through all the steps he has so carefully set up for you. We wants to wait and see that the bank wants, because he knows already what the banks wants.

As for setting them up against each other, you can complain to 'your' lad about the banker being incompetent and uncooperative, and try to get him fired and get a new one.

Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My lad turned around faster than lightning just now when I got mad at him.. LOL.. he is very humble in requesting patience and understanding for his position and wants me to heat things up towards the banker instead. Which I will Twisted Evil

Well, so far no request for cash, compensation or whatever - all I'm waiting for now is for the so-called bank to process the documentation I sent in.

Wondering how long it'll take for them to notice there is no country called 'Republic of W3stern Gr0ningen' Wink

It may, ofcourse, also help for him to know I paid a fair amount to receive some gold from Ghana. Bet he wouldn't like to see me switch sides.
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ugh. Against all rules (or some, anyway, if I may believe this forum Smile) I had to slap my "banker" for the first time today. He doesn't seem able to answer more than 1 email per week.. I FINALLY got a reply out of him stating that "I don't dictate what he must do" and that he "requires proof of my identity" blah blah. So I provided a free verbal nudge in his metaphorical reproductive organ(s) by replying that I obviously MUST dictate what he does because this is taking WAY too long, and that I already provided him with signed documentation (the 'Release of Funds' forms..) and that I firmly believe it is HIS turn to deliver proof.

Was that a right thing to do? Rolling Eyes I really would like my lad and/or the banker (2 different people so it seems) to pay more attention [so I can actually put them to work Wink ] but so far, to no avail.
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gee, my lad tells me:

Quote:
I am not feeling good about you following your comments and the report i am getting from the department following my secret findings
... he sure likes to drag on and on and on..... it's been a month and a half now, still no request for payments, hardly any word from this so-called bank of his. I knew baiting would be a matter of patience, but this is hardly any fun.. I'd like to spice things up a bit but unsure how at the moment Smile
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, most of the advice to baiters is to slow down the writing so the scammer has to get anxious. Sounds like the lad's plan it to get you anxious so that you comply.

I don't know how long the form you filled out for your lad is,
Quote:
I already provided him with signed documentation (the 'Release of Funds' forms..) and that I firmly believe it is HIS turn to deliver proof.

Usually we want the lad to fill out forms. It seems to me like the lad is running this bait and you are going along with him.

On the other hand, it looks like you have developed some rapport with the lad (4 weeks is good) and you can start taking control of the bait. It sounds like the lad has groomed you to be compliant so that when he asks for money you "can't" refuse because you are such good friends. Not a bad way to go, especially since you know your game and he doesn't!

earlier Popiejopie wrote:

Thing is, I don't really have the time (in 'real life') for multiple baits at once let alone have a mentor..

I don't know any mentors who put "demands" on their mentees. Mentors are there to help you out, much like you are using this thread, except you get to know your mentor and learn from them instead of random forum members. Wink

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Popiejopie wrote:
Both the bank and the lad aren't responding. Shame. I think I lost them.. might try to dangle a carrot but my feeling says it's useless. I've had them for a month (or a bit longer) and they never even asked for cash yet Wink

Dare I ask if I can put the history of the bait up here for educational purposes?

Never think that. The trick is to keep them on the edge, thinking that any moment they will get their money. Also on the phone thing. Very easy to get an old cellphone and a free sim, you dont even have to register the sim, and have them call you. Spent 5 minutes saying 'Hello, hello, I can't hear you. Hum and hr. They will be satisfied they are talking to a real person. Then you e-maill them to say the line is so bad it would be better to continue via e-mail. Also you can use skpe, $10 can go a long way. I know it's spending your own cash, but I've spent more for less fun Smile
Keep the faith, Popiejopie.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="ParaNoid"]Interesting, most of the advice to baiters is to slow down the writing so the scammer has to get anxious. Sounds like the lad's plan it to get you anxious so that you comply.

I don't know how long the form you filled out for your lad is,
Quote:
I already provided him with signed documentation (the 'Release of Funds' forms..) and that I firmly believe it is HIS turn to deliver proof.

Usually we want the lad to fill out forms. It seems to me like the lad is running this bait and you are going along with him.

On the other hand, it looks like you have developed some rapport with the lad (4 weeks is good) and you can start taking control of the bait. It sounds like the lad has groomed you to be compliant so that when he asks for money you "can't" refuse because you are such good friends. Not a bad way to go, especially since you know your game and he doesn't!

--
Well, the form was just a 'Name/Address' field actually. I made up some fake bank info (with swift codes etc.) all pointing to nowhere which was also asked. Still, the bait is now slower than ever. My lad says I'm "not on a cordial note with the bank, and there must be something you're not telling me" (which is probably that the bank wants me to call them, ain't gonna happen, they're even too stupid to call my voicemail box).

I might still try to stir things up a little but they're too dense to reply to anything, except for once per 3 days or something.
Popiejopie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I posted it in the 'Completed' section of the forum. I don't think any more replies will come of this.. it's been fun while it lasted and I tried a few things out that failed miserably Wink but it's been a learning experience so far.

No! NO!! No!!! you are not the person i thought you were. I regret getting to this stage with you -- J0hn "M4t" G00dman

Thank you for your brilliant message. I did not mean to hurt your feelings, am sorry. -- 1GE. B. Sanus1

The Slow Banker (Stallus Popiejopieicum): Insanely slow-working bankers who take ages to e-mail you after the main lad has referred you, and even longer to process their own duff forms.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic