SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What a wonderful son I am

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I am.

I take my mother out to stately homes and castles weekly and I discovered that it's possible to book specially to get to Bawdsey Manor which was a secret radar establishment she was stationed at during the Second World War.

She's not far off 90 but very sprightly and as poisonous as a rattlesnake to anyone without gloves Laughing I got a taste of it when she reminded me that she was still covered by the Official Secrets Act and I mustn't joke about it, which is a bit of a shame 'cause I always pretend I think she was on the other side guiding in Messerschmitts. Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im a good son too, I havnt baited my mother into getting tattoos or filling in endless forms or safariing anywhere lately.

but seriously, I why wont you take me to see old castles and secret radars. I love that stuff.

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll tell my mother you offered. She's looking for a new son, but I warn you she doesn't go off in a huff - she goes off hissing. Laughing

The most fun I had was when I took her to Framlingham Castle and I insisted on getting photos the othere side of a mere and we ended up in a swamp up to our knees in mud. Laughing

It took her 6 months to get over that.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh yes you really are good to your 90 yr old mother, making her wade through a swamp and all. Suppose you told her that the mud was good for her complexion?

Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I always pretend I think she was on the other side guiding in Messerschmitts.

Have you ever watched "Piece of Cake" from Masterpiece Theater with her?

I would love to hear her comments.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ was that the one that was on TV years ago? it was very good if so.

Bawdsey manor sounds very interesting, I may have to go and see it with some of my folks.

CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My mother is about to turn 91.
She served in the US Navy during WW2.

She sometimes asks me if I have her old uniforms.
I am afraid that she will try to re-enlist.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nailgunner - I believe that the radar station is open to the public but to get access to the manor itself you have to book, and it's only open certain times of the year.

We've started arguing already as she said it's on a promontory and it isn't, but it's easier just to grin Very Happy and nod my head. If they have a swamp close by maybe I'll take her for another walk.

It's probably not that exciting to see, but it'll have memories for her. She's already told me about her war wound Shocked - a bomb blast blew out the window glass and she got a one inch gash in her finger.

She was saying that apart from the top secret radar set up they used to attach incendiary devices to balloons and release them when the wind was blowing in the right direction. The Germans had rockets - and we sent back balloons with firecrackers attached - how much more British can you get ? I wonder how many French cows we set on fire ?
Laughing

Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think she may have meant the right direction for Scotland

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's stories like these that make me realise 'Dad's Army' and 'Allo Allo' weren't that far of the mark... Shocked

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@GP Laughing So, are you implying that you come by your "unusual" thinking by some act of nature?
I'd almost bet, she probably called you a couple more words to modify the "son" while in the swamp. Laughing

@Cougar - Occasionally >10 times funnier than you'd believe Wink, but also many times worse than you can imagine Sad

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mum wasn't fibbing

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/british-balloon-incendiary-t4665.html?s=c1de585793e37dede42a615dcff540ad&

Quote:
After a lengthy bureaucratic struggle between the Air Ministry and the Admiralty, the British Chiefs of Staff gave the go-ahead in September 1941 and a launch site was set up at Landguard Fort near Felixstowe in Suffolk. The first launches took place on 20 March 1942. Within days, the British were receiving reports of forest fires near Berlin and Tilsit in East Prussia.

Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ GP - it's a fantastic response. I'm still deeply in awe of the scale models of cities and cardboard cutout tanks they put out to deceive bomber crews. British ingenuity is something to be truly feared Very Happy

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to figure out what goes on in someone's head at the moment he decides that 'launching' balloons from somewhere in the UK to crash in Germany could be a good idea. I'm also wondering how much such a person would care about the wellbeing of the Dutch?

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did the Japanese not have a similar type of balloon bomb
Fugo?

@ Gomer, that's nice taking your mum out
Do you bring her home too or is it safari time for her?

Just joking, wish my kids would take me somewhere interesting.
A trip to the supermarket to fill up their fridges and cupboards doesnt count
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the Yanks had a plan to release tiny bats carrying firebombs in "The Pacific." They were frozen when released, woke up on the way down, swarmed around a little bit, then each set some poor civilian's house on fire when he/she landed. Or at least that was the theory. It was only tested once, but the stupid bats flew the wrong direction, and the amount of American property that was destroyed led them to abandon the idea.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Soviets used "dog mines" in the first year of the Great Patriotic War of the Soviet Union* - basically dogs with explosives strapped to their backs were trained to run under tanks, and a protruding strut would be pushed down to set off the charge.

The problem was the the dogs couldn't be trained to discriminate between German and Soviet tanks, and in battle the dogs were prone to panic and run every which way.

*The official title of World War Two in the USSR, and it may still obtain (without the Soviet Union reference). The Russians and the Americans can both be parochial that way.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Cougar
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Crying or Very sad Poor dogs. (and bats, and cows)

I hate that when people decide to destroy each other they have to involve animals. I can understand that they want to minimise human casualties, but it's not the animals fault that they're fighting.

I could say more, but it's getting dangerously into politics territory and I like this thread so I'll shut up now!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The US cancelled the "Bat Bomb" project when a more fantastic idea looked like it would work.

Something using uranium.

Bat Bomb : World War II's other Secret Weapon by Jack Couffer(1992) is an interesting book about the bat project.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic