SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Debate About Sending Fake IDs

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The point's probably been made very well already, but just to add my bit: there are plenty of people out there who aren't particularly well educated, and may not be particularly clever. A picture of Telly Savalas might fly right over the head of the smartest 18 year old if he's never seen an episode of Kojak. Any gap in knowledge or experience creates a vulnerability, and given the shotgun approach of 419 mailing, there must be a success rate of some sort from even the most ridiculous passport. Someone with learning difficulties or just very limited experience (small village, insular lifestyle, etc) will have an even harder time sorting the ham from the spam. Why should their wellbeing be worth any less than that of someone without such disadvantages? In short, I woudn't send anything to a lad, even if another lad had sent it to me. Apart from the re-use issue, if passport photos are tradeable assets among lads, i don't want to be giving him anything he could use to feed his useless hide for so much as a second.

Taj Mahal
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Smile any one of mrsbean's solutions work, with more fun than a bad fake ID.

AND eliminates ALL chance of your phony ID being used against a real victim, instead of just SOME of the chance of a bad phony being used.

plus you get to drag out the ID request as long as possible. The scammer will eventually get tired of it and either move on or drop you. (more likely to move on)

and yes a scammer can google a fake ID but at least it's not YOU providing them with scamming tools. YOU get to keep your hands clean.

Some of the crap they do manage to google or photoshop is worse than the crappiest silliest fake ID I would consider sending. but they keep using them so it must be effective on some victims. You really can't make an ID both believable to a scammer and stupid enough to be unusable to a victim.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BillBurbs wrote:
isn't the chance that my silly one will warn real potential victims better than them using a much better one that anyone can find with a .5 second Google Image Search?

The difference is that you're creating something unique. Like you said, a .5 second search on Google can find an ID and that means that, for a victim, a .5 second search will unearth that it's a scam.
If you create something new, it's not going to hit the search engines and no matter that it's ridiculous, there's a chance that someone will fall for it - especially, as Juan says, taking into account culture gaps.

Which is better? You supply a lad with an ID and a victim falls for it? Or the lad Googles an ID and a victim falls for it?
To me, they're one and the same but I know that if I were responsible for just one victim losing their money to a scammer, it would outweigh saving a thousand others.
There are always going to be victims but I sure wouldn't want to be responsible for creating another one.

Experience tells us that we don't give the lad anything that he can use in a scam. And as an ID isn't even needed to bait with, why take the risk in the first place?

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bait It Up wrote:
How is a ridiculous fake ID much different than a ridiculous fake opening script that some lads have been de-educated into using? It seems that providing the lads with ridiculous scripts is encouraged on 419eater, but couldn't you also argue that the "ridiculous" script might actually fool somebody else and contribute to a scam?

Personally, it seems to me that a ridiculous script would cause most people to realize something wasn't right in the proposal they received, much like receiving a ridiculous ID from a lad would tip off most people that something wasn't right.

As somebody who has dealt with over 1,000 scam victims mainly through Scamwarners, I can tell you that I have never seen anybody who had been scammed with a script supplied by a baiter, I have however seen a fair number who had been supplied fake IDs that were quite obviously (to me) fake, and a few of those that were obviously supplied to the scammer by baiters.

Keep in mind that baiters often seed scammers with fake scripts and seldom use fake IDs

That is not to say that I will not one day find somebody who had been scammed by a baiter supplied script but I feel the chances of that are acceptably low and that such a person would have also fallen for any script the scammer was to use.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have great success with my Singer Sewing Machine Course Certificate, thanks to Marvinator, no photo on it, and it is totally useless.

Tommo? used a Bicycle Proficiency Certificate, I can never remember who sorry.

Think laterally, ID can be anything, but as everyone has said, don't send anything that can, could and will be used by the lad.

I've send a scan of an envelope with my baiters name and address on, as pointed out above, all they want to know is that you are real. Which happened because I sent my Homeland Security warning jpg first, then we decided that an envelope with my details on would be as good.

And above all else, never work harder than the lad,

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A point of order, the universe of baiting is extremely diversified. Eater and warners are just a part of it, as Murry Guru pointed out he gets a lot of ID orginated by baiters. So a mugu litmus test of asking for an ID is gives no protection from baiters.

I am writing this because we have had mugus visit this site. My one driving goal is to drive mugus into the ocean, anyone who does anything to aid in this is a comrade. Many baiters do things I don’t do or don’t like. To me that’s the beauty of it, you’ll never know who is a baiter. Twisted Evil

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
I have great success with my Singer Sewing Machine Course Certificate, thanks to Marvinator, no photo on it, and it is totally useless.

Tommo? used a Bicycle Proficiency Certificate, I can never remember who sorry.

There is a debate...? Seriously...?

Juan's paste of MrsBean's well articulated reasoning tells you all you really need to know on this matter.
Put simply, we don't want to do anything that might assist a mugu in his future scams.

To be honest, there is also a lack of baiter creativity in sending a fake ID.

Part of the beauty of baiting is having the skill and imagination that can bamboozle a mugu. Irish gives a couple of fine examples above.

Myself, I had a scan of the back of my library card.
In reality, it was nothing more than a bogus barcode with my silly baiter name above it, but it kept laddie boy happy, and I was comfortable in the knowledge that he would not be able to use that to scam anyone else.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember some one used a crayon and drew a picture of them self and sent that as an ID.

For me the idea is getting the lad to waste his time with you and getting him off script so he spends more time on you than scamming others.

Baiting is not about complying with lads' requests or demands. Baiting is about twisting the mind of the lad in as many ways as possible...

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
dutchkroket
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I always keep in mind is that there are people out there who are hard focused on the money to be gained. They easily oversee the errors in passports from lads. In real life I've also seen some real passports which look really, really ridiculous from my point of view. To the real owners, they thought that my passport was actually boring. Different perspectives from different persons.

Personally, all my lads receive either passport.jpg or a 16mb .dll file which was renamed to passport.jpg. None of them have complained and all continued with the next part of the script. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I fooled the scammer and knowing that they cannot abuse my stuff against real victims.

Also, nice article from mrsbean. Tagged it in my baiterkit Smile

i decided to check not you just to make sure you are ok - Abubakar Hamza
is only an idiot will see a life opportunity and ignore it - Florence Jackson
YOU ARE VERY LOCKY THAT YOU GET BACK TO ME IN TIME - BALA
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uh I still don't agree with sending them scripts to use. I've heard them called "silly" seeded scripts. But wait, didn't someone here post
don't give the scammers any ammo ? or don't work harder than a lad ?
maybe this is off-script of ID discussion and should have it's own post and possibly a poll for votes.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortal wrote:
Keep in mind that picture of Telly savalas has proven to be working at all. Laughing

A Sophie Monk picture worked once...

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Nap Olean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are some great passport scans/photos here:

http://www.freewebs.com/obiwanknievel/passportsids.htm

forgoing the need to do any work yourself.

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Bait it up, the rules have been relaxed. Just go to Obi-Wan's beer fridge

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reading this thread made me think and rethink my own attitudes about what is legitimate.
Then the ASEM gave me this little gem 1/2 hour ago:

It would have fooled me before joining here.
Maybe the man is Togo´s most famous stand-up comedian or Benin´s Minister of the Interior- how would I (potential vic) know?

Remember the frenchwoman who was scammed out 80,000 euros by a lad using the photo of a Dutch (correect me if I´m wrong) minister?
It´s a tricky subject.
Fortunately, it doesn´t affect me as I lack the skills to make up an ID, but I´d really hate to find a speciman of my handiwork had fooled a vic.

I had qualms about ASEM baiting, until I realised that in the three months I´ve done it, only one person has replied saying they think I´m the vic of a scam and to take the matter to the police.
One.

And the number of bites is astonishing, especially from the church scammers Cool
God helps those who help themselves.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brainiac wrote:
@ Bait it up, the rules have been relaxed. Just go to Obi-Wan's beer fridge

No, the forum guidelines are exactly the same. Any of those images fit with the intent of the guidelines; they're of no value to convince a victim that the scammer is legitimate.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic