SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Psuedo-scamming?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LovePotion9
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking about how potential victims could be educated. One way would be to harvest addresses from the same guestbooks Mugus use and send a relatively convincing script. When potential victims reply, send out a reply to them educating them about scams and telling them that, if this one had been real, they would have fallen prey.

The upside of this is that it targets those who are most vulnerable to scams (since those are the ones who reply).

This seems like a fairly obvious idea, so I'm wondering if it has been done before? Any thoughts?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi LovePotion9.

By sending out a script, you'd basically be lying to the victim.
And if you're lying to the victim to start with, why would they trust you? Not so much here on Eater, but on our sister site www.scamwarners.com, we rely on our honesty and integrity when dealing with victims. It's probably the main weapon in our armoury and using the approach you suggest could seriously undermine it.

Also, scripts have a habit of getting out to lads. Send a victim a script and the next thing you know, it's being used in a real scam - and we don't give the lads anything that they can use. Wink

Then you've got to consider that what you'd be doing is illegal - even with the best of intentions. If Law Enforcement come across your format, they're not going to be aware of your motives and you may end up having to answer some pretty uncomfortable questions.

Finally, you send out a script to addresses on a guestbook and you're probably going to end up with at least a dozen baiters on your back (not all from this site). That would cause a heckuva lot of confusion.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole

Last edited by Slightlyoutofit on Mon May 17, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All the ones that don't reply, and won't get your 2nd email, are ITPs. Mass mailing people stuff they don't want is not nice.

Mass education is a good thing, and may in fact be the only real weapon against scams, but spamming formats around is not an elegant method.

ETA: grrr. ninja'd by a rodent

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"

Last edited by Bolleboos on Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LP9, it involves mail-bombing a script.

Many victims can't be talked out of an idea though when they hear
the right words from a scammer and can't be talked out of it by those closest to them. You asked for thoughts. It's why the sister-site scamwarners exists, and that is the idea. To direct potential victims to info. re: scams.

(You have a PM answer from me re: lucked into a smart one, from the "are they getting smarter" thread.) And welcome to the forums and site by the way.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
LovePotion9
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see what you mean. Well, so much for that crazy idea.
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, LP9. Keep the creative juices flowing. Your next one may be brilliant. We all learn a little bit including from the "crazy" ideas.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thrive on crazy ideas! Twisted Evil
(I'm a technomancer, it's my purpose in life to have crazy ideas Wink )

But yeah, sometimes the next crazy idea might turn out to be the next big scammer's headache. So don't be discouraged. Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LovePotion9 wrote:
I see what you mean. Well, so much for that crazy idea.

Don't let that get you down.
As a new baiter, it's better that you post your ideas before putting them into practice so people can examine them.
And it's also excellent that you've only been here a couple of days but are already coming up with ideas. Thumbs up

Sure, there are some ideas that won't work. But keep going at it and who knows? Maybe you'll come up with the next major modality for baiters to use.

If you do plan to stick around (and we hope you do), it's always advisable to get yourself a mentor - basically an experienced baiter who can help to guide you through the early days until you find your feet.

You can sign up here: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/cherrie_mentor_program.php

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome LovePotion9!
I agree with other people here, and please don't be discouraged. It's great to see a new member here coming in with "crazy ideas" - anti-scam efforts would be far less effective if it weren't for crazy ideas that got things started in the first place. Devious, clever people are very welcome here.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome LovePotion9!

I read your other post here and can understand your feelings about baiting. I had similar feeling but that soon changed after reading some victim horror stories.

If you really want to help and educate potential victims, visit www.scamwarners.com and have a look around there. I have found that exposing the scammers is one of the best ways to help prevent people from falling for their scams. Scamwarners is how I got here.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stick at it Smile Welcome, btw.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic