SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Need help- Friend's gmail has been hacked and scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm a big a fan of this site and of all your work, although I must say I haven't visited in while. Yesterday my friend's gmail account was apparently been hacked and the scammers emailed all his friends, including me, asking for a loan to help him out of a bogus travel bind. I'm sure you've heard of this. I wrote my friend back to warn him, and the scammer replied trying to convince me it was really my friend.

I'd like to see this scammer get what's coming to him, but I am not at all set up to do this. Since the lead is hot (I just got the original plea for help yesterday and his bogus reply today) I thought I'd see if anyone here wants to take up the flag and toy with this guy.

I can post more details if anyone is interested.

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work!

Booli
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
Write your friend in different way than email and tell him to restore his gmail account as quickly as possible. Once its done send everyone warning about this criminal scumbag.

Writing your friend email is pretty useless since he changed the password and therefore is controlling his email account. So just call him, text him, use live messenger ... anything but things he already "hacked"

Also, you can always write to eater's sister site http://www.scamwarners.com/ Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about your friend's problem. Most likely he was phished rather than hacked, but that's a minor detail. The important thing is for him to contact gmail to recover his account.

This is a very common scam, unfortunately. Your friend needs to contact everyone he can think of to assure them that he's not stranded and to warn them not so send any money.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be a good idea to put the address up here for us to bait since it will be in your friend's real name, and hopefully he'll be getting his account back through gmail's password recovery system.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my friend is aware of having his email compromised and has reset his account password. I guess that shuts down the possibility of toying with the scammer. I wasn't thinking clearly.
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the email scammer sent, there may be some "Reply-to" different address. Scammers commonly do that in case of recovering the email account. This way they can talk with victims even after your friend got his account recovered. Wink

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No such luck as an alternative reply-to address, at least not yet.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably best to focus on the immedate security risk - ie, that your friends contacts - than to prioritise baiting the lad. Safety first Wink

As an aside, how many accounts actually get properly hacked? and how many are phished? I know of one person not so far away who had her ebay account "hacked" but it turned out that her password was so insanely obvious that it had been simply guessed. Strong passwords ftw. You'd go insane trying to guess mine.

Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point. But, other than my friend recovering his gmail account, what can be done about all his friends addresses (like mine) that are now in the wind. I assume there is nothing to be done, but it never hurts to ask.
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just make sure to warn everyone who was on his contact list that they might be getting more varied scam mails, (Next of kin, trunk box, recovery scams, etc.), as these lowlifes search for any possibility of getting cash out of this. (Depending on how good the scammer is, some of these might actually be quite convincing)

Once they have an E-mail address, they'll probably never stop mailing it and will probably sell it to other scammers too. But as long as they don't get any money out of it, it'll just be more annoying spam to bin.
If it gets too annoying, can always just abandon the account and create a new one anyways.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Besides recovering his email address your friend needs to check that his email once recovered is not still being forwarded to the scammer.

p.
Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good idea. How would you suggest he do that?
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Gmail offers the configuration of mail rules called "Filters"

Check "Settings" on the top right, then click "Filters". If there's a "fowarding" filter present, just delete it Wink

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
Booli
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks; I'll pass it on.

BTW, I really respect and appreciate all the work you guys do...and I have enjoyed literally hours and hours of side splitting fun reading about your exploits! Keep up the good work.
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@@ Booli
Quote:
Good idea. How would you suggest he do that?

A business friend of mine recently had his email compromised with a I am stranded lad. I was on the phone with him and we releaized that bait messages I sent after he recovered his email had never arrived.

A lttle digging led us to the message forwarding as well as the password change by the lad.

p.
TutuPati
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey I just noticed that some of my posts which were posted in this particular topic have been deleted. Is it normal for the mods to delete posts without letting you know. I understand if its a double post, but I think I should maybe get an email as to why the post was removed so I dont make the same mistake again.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176248#penalties

Quote:
When one of your posts is deleted you generally will be informed of it, unless it's something small like a double post or if it's a very obvious violation of the forum rules.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic