SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Facebook

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What are the pitfalls with joining Facebook.

Do the benefits out way the pitfalls.

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have an account, but I have read that there are some security concerns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Facebook

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aside the security issues as PF has pointed out the social features of it are actually quite good.

I never used to use it but now I use it a lot.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had an account for half an hour.
In that time I decided I didn't want to know what my kids were up to.
I also didn't want to be "friends" with various relatives that I wouldn't talk to in RL.
I also found out more than I needed to know about a relative's ex

I may add that my kids all use nicknames on Facebook, someone has been teaching them some internet safety Wink
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fo'andles wrote:
Do the benefits outweigh the pitfalls.

What benefits exactly are you alluding to? Confused

I've only ever found a single use for Facebook, and that is creating a fake account to infiltrate lad groups. Beyond that, it - and all other "social networking" sites - seem to have no real use for account-holders.

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an account and it's a mixed bag. I keep in touch with friends who are scattered literally all over the globe (from Macedonia to Japan). On the other hand some "friends" see it as a forum to post their political rants. And then there is the sister-in-law who has the compulsion to post whenever she leaves her house.

And like Nanny Ogg, I don't want to see anything by or about my kids on Facebook.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fortunately my kids are too young to use it. But we moved to a new area a few years ago and people we met were using it, so I joined and it has been good.

There are serial posters, who are unaware that they are really post whores Laughing

Fortunately there is a facility to hide posts from some people if they are continually updating you on what they have for dinner... Thinking back, my nephew did add me as a friend at the beginning, and he was/is at that difficult age 16 or 17, and after a few of his boring rants and endless teen bullshit, I removed him.

pony
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mafia Wars is great (but yet another a time pit), if you don't mind rabid squirrels declaring war on you from time to time.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I swore off Mafia Wars. It wasn't reliable... and it took time away from important things, like baiting the hell out of lads. And posting the hell out of this forum.

I use facebook to keep in touch with friends around the world for free.
Before I got an account, I didn't keep in touch with them.
I suppose, I don't really need to keep in touch with them, so Facebook does not fill any necessity in my life.
However, it does have utility, so I can't call it without use.
The utility is allowing me to keep in touch with friends around the world for free.

Dissect that if you'd like NTC!
I will accept your friend invitation whenever you come around. Wink

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a personal FB account and I am now systematically blocking ALL apps. I don't care about the sad ducky or the lost whatever you found on your farm. Enough!

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do have a (real) facebook account, on which I haven't got a single friend that lives in my country. It's used solely to keep contact with foreign friends. I have the principle that if I would want updates from you and you live around, I'll meet you in person.

The hypochrisy of some people that add 'friends' they haven't seen in 10 years just to be able to say 'look at me, I have 200 friends' is something that irritates me.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find facebook is handy for keeping up with a certain subset of friends and family - those who are far away from me, and have small kids & little time to chat regularly. It's nice to see their photos and what they're up to.
For me it's also handy in finding out information about interesting small music events that may not be publicised any way other than word of mouth - I have a number of local friends who are pretty well informed and do a good job of spreading the word about things that might interest me.

I found it an interesting exercise to see which of my "friends" have facebook habits that are unacceptable to me (mainly the facebook postwhores and attention-seekers who I hide or remove from my friends list, and all the application junk that's now, fortunately easy enough to block). And also people who I didn't know so well who turn out to have a lot in common.

I'm probably a boring fb user because I don't post anything that could get me in trouble at work or at home.....

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a real and "eater nom de plume" account. My post whoring side comes out sometimes but otherwise take it or leave it I have met a lot of interesting people on facebook who I would have never met in RL, much like here. Beware there appear to be lads about there as well. Not sure if I have seen a tutorial on that aspect yet. Smile

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Facebook account, some trusted members here are on my friend's list. I play MW and a couple other games but I'm very careful about keeping my profile hidden from the general public.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not on Facebook and never will be. I'm definitely a Luddite.

Interestingly enough there is a front page article in the San Francisco Chronicle this morning about people starting to back off due to ongoing privacy concerns.

I have one friend who is seriously addicted to FB, updating her page 20-30 times a day (literally). Who wants to know what she's having for lunch, as she's having it (with pictures!)??? Rolling Eyes Anyway, she announced last week that she was quitting out of anger over the privacy changes, but she only lasted one day before capitulating. In her case it is truly a pathological addiction. Sad

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mr.scissorkick wrote:
Dissect that if you'd like NTC!
I will accept your friend invitation whenever you come around. Wink

Aww, bless. Smile

Still, though, the way I've always seen it is: If I'm not bothering to keep in touch with old out-of-state friends over the telephone, then there's probably a reason for that.

foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

firehouse5 wrote:
I don't post anything that could get me in trouble at work or at home.....

This is a much smaller problem if you don't just accept every friend request that comes along. I will never understand why people add their bosses/teachers as friends.

I do have a real life account, but haven't touched it in months. It exists solely so I get messages that are sent out from friends who otherwise would forget that I'm not getting their mass mails. I hate it to the point that whenever someone tells me to look at a picture they post on Facebook I insist that they repost it on imageshack/tinypic for me so I don't have to go through all that crap.

... Thank God it's starting to become less popular.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Nap Olean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:
I will never understand why people add their bosses/teachers as friends.

My former boss' dog is one of my FB friends. Rolling Eyes

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems some of my pets have their own page Rolling Eyes

I have a bebo
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me Bebo was full of teens and perverts.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Nick: You're right, you're a crappy friend. I can tell you, as a crappy friend, that facebook is the equivalent of calling a friend while you're watching TV. They are telling you what they had for lunch, and you are in a new tab, watching the crap out of http://leekspin.com
And your friend considers this a reasonable amount of friendly contact.
It's a perfect system. Though I do recommend learning all about the block/ignore features.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mr.scissorkick wrote:
facebook is the equivalent of calling a friend while you're watching TV.

Wow, I can actually relate to that. Laughing

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This article tells a bit of the pitfalls. The Secret Cost of Using Facebook. Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am like my GF, Nanny! Wink

Quote:
I had an account for half an hour.
In that time I decided I didn't want to know what my kids were up to.
I also didn't want to be "friends" with various relatives that I wouldn't talk to in RL.
I also found out more than I needed to know about a relative's ex

I may add that my kids all use nicknames on Facebook, someone has been teaching them some internet safety

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is anybody here named Jim Mitchell in RL? I have a friend request from somebody with that name and I have no clue who he could be.

And if there is a Jim Mitchell reading this . . . how in the hell did you get MY RL info? Maybe those concerns over FB privacy are well founded.

Mad

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic