SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New here!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RodJohnson
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys, I just registered. I set up a catcher email account and am waiting for the letters to roll in. So far, I'm only signing guestbooks. Any other way I could get exposure? I also wanted opinions on something I was thinking about doing. If I could get a lad to let me send him a computer, then I could get a really nice looking computer case, complete with hollowed-out hard drive and all. Then I could take the power supply apart and rewire it so that the negative and positive terminals from the wall power connect to each other within the power supply. Laughing Anybody who knows anything about basic electricity will know what happens. Is that unethical as far as baiter standards go?
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RodJohnson wrote:
If I could get a lad to let me send him a computer

Welcome to Eater. Getting a lad to send you something is a struggle, I was only able to do it once. If you were able to get a lad to send you a laptop for "re-wiring" it would be an instant Eater classic.

Read the stickies, get a mentor, et al.

Edit: Wait, you want to send him a computer? That is wrong, make him send it to you for "re-wiring". (via a safe dropbox, available with a premium membership)

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I phrased it a little weirdly. What I meant was that I could do the classic "I don't have any money, but I could send you..." and instead of sending junk, send something that LOOKS nice and expensive, but when they plug it in, it'll make a hot circuit in their house wiring. Smoke, possible small fire, possibly destroy their house wiring. Idk if that would be ethical baiting or not. I was also thinking about taking apart an old microwave and find the component that causes it to irradiate food, stuff it into a nice looking PC case and wire it to the power supply, but that would be going too far, what with the radiation poisoning and all. Laughing
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Then I could take the power supply apart and rewire it so that the negative and positive terminals from the wall power connect to each other within the power supply.

Quote:
send something that LOOKS nice and expensive, but when they plug it in, it'll make a hot circuit in their house wiring. Smoke, possible small fire, possibly destroy their house wiring

Ok, so what if, as would be normal there, you also burn down the neighbours house, the rest of the street, kill some 5 year old who was just helping his big brother, etc etc.

NOT something Eater would condone at all.

Have a look at some pictures of what life and living is like there, I'm not excusing the lads for what they do, but as I'm in a similar place and situation with similar living standards, the damage your idea would do is wider than what an individual lad does.

edit to add: Welcome to Eater, please read the stickies, apply for a mentor. Also, get your apology ready for TSnerd Wink

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13

Last edited by irishemigrant on Thu May 13, 2010 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rod, welcome to Eater.

What you are proposing does not sound like baiting to me. It sounds like it has a real potential to involve one or more IPT (Innocent Third Parties). I don't get people who want to send stuff to scammers. There are websites that promote such things. I don't believe Eater has ever promoted sending items, defective, hilarious, sophomoric or whatnot to lads.

Read around the forum and get a feel for what we do here. Sending an intentionally harming item to anyone is not a good idea in my book. Sounds like talk after a couple of drinks.

IIFC Nigeria and most of the rest of the world works on 220v, so there isn't a positive and negative. A lot of work and expense for a "practical joke" that you never know if it will go off as planned. Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
RodJohnson
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True, I should have thought before I spoke. I wouldn't want to cause any physical harm to the scammer in question or certainly not innocent people. It was a spur of the moment stupid idea.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, there's a lot of reading to be done, the Stickies in each page are good, and also Eater University, a Post Graduate Course is also being considered.

Very Happy

Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
burn down the neighbours house, the rest of the street, kill some 5 year old who was just helping his big brother:

Christ Irish, reversing polarity on a 120>12 volt adapter will not burn a house down. If our new member was able to get a lad to send him a laptop for "adjustment" I will buy him a premium membership.

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
so that the negative and positive terminals from the wall power connect to each other within the power supply.

Hi PF, I'm fairly sure it is 220/240v in ladland, and the OP didn't mean the internal laptop power.

As to your suggestion, I'd be all for the lad sending one as well.

Very Happy

RodJohnson
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I am now aware of the potential side effects, so nevermind. The intent was solely to cause damage to the personal property of the lad, not the lad himself or innocent people. I guess I get a little too much pleasure in the misfortunes of those who have wrong me or people I care about. My mother is a 419 victim herself. It was a mystery shopper scam. She lost about $3000. Not to call her stupid, but she is pretty damn gullible. And to emphasize once again since there are people still misunderstanding me. The lad would send me nothing, I was talking about offering to send a lad "computer goods" instead of money because my character is broke at the moment. The lad would simply pay the shipping charge. Others have accomplished this, but simply sent heavy junk, not anything rigged to cause wiring damage.
Overland
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to carry out the idea, why not gut the powersupply, fill it with lead or similar to give it sufficent weight, while you at it make sure the laptop can't be powered should he simply try another PSU.

Then find/make the most werid shaped/bizarrre plug for it you can. I'm sure you could have endless fun helping him track down a suitable adaptor, isn't there a wholesaler in Chad who sells them?

Once thats done, obviously it won't work because in your stupidity, your forgot that the power in his location is completely different to yours, never mind you've tracked down another dealer......
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

depends if the circuit in the lad's house is properly protected with a fuse or MCB. a dead short is an easy fault to disconnect because the fault current is so high that fuses pop almost instantly (usually), and the chances are that rudimentrary protection would do. Of course it's dangerous though, and there's no garauntee that he's got any sort of circuit protection,and it would almost certainly pose a risk to ITPs, so I vote no.

Send him an empty computer box, fill it with bits of wood, crudely tape it up and then after he receives it (and pays the courier COD) send him an email from another lad thanking him for the smokin' hot computer. your lad will be overcome with joy Smile

Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know a few ways to make PCs and laptops explode actually. Though I wouldn't recommend trying them in this case. Wink

I kinda like the idea of sending him something that would be completely useless to him though, especially if he's paying the shipping costs and thinks it's something really valuable.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

irishemigrant wrote:
OP didn't mean the internal laptop power.

I see what you mean Irish, you are correct. Don't try to burn a lads house down, the ITP rule comes into play.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you could probably just put a harmless smoke bomb in there. He plugs it in and smoke pours out. Smile

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All of this still begs the question, why spend anything at all on a lad?

I've never spent more than the cost of a letter stamp, on a ripped and resealed Customs Examined Stamped envelope with a withdrawal receipt and no money in.

That is always effective and cheap.

But if you want to send a lad a box of junk, go for it, just don't get over inventive and do more damage than you need to.

Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Taj, did you really write: "send a...smoke bomb." Bombs in the mail.
hmmmm......

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys are getting carried away and encouraging a new member who has shown poor judgment to continue exercising poor judgment.

The OP stated he wanted to send the lad a rewired lad top with the intention or hope that it might set the lad's house on fire. I know some will argue there isn't much difference between that and asking a lad to go to Chad.

I beg to differ. Sending an object with the intention of it causing an action that will likely result in great bodily harm or death, is illegal not to mention amoral. I don't see much difference between that and sending out a mailbomb.

@RodJohnson - I am glad you decided against the idea. Please take some time to read the forum and figure out what we are about before coming up with an idea that could cause a homicide.

I also should add though that you are not the only person around that would like to see a lad burn his house down. It's just that sending him an object that will do that for him cannot not be encouraged. Not for the sake of the lad but for the sake of ITPs and yours. You can get into a lot of trouble by mailing an object with the intention of causing a structure fire.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic