SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

UK BBC2 "Welcome to Lagos" 15 April 9pm

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not avalible at myy area Crying or Very sad

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, for those of you who wish to view the previous and up and coming episodes of 'Welcome to Lagos' you can download them from an account hosted on dropbox that I have made.

Visit the below website
https://www.dropbox.com

Sign in using these details
Username [email protected]
Password 419eater

You will then see a folder called 'Welcome to Lagos'. Click it and then click the arrow to the side of the file. This will show you some options, select 'download file'. This will then begin the download via your web browser.

No software needed.

Keep checking this account over the coming weeks as I will be uploading the following episodes of 'Welcome to Lagos' and also the new Louis Theroux episodes, first one to be aired on Sunday.
larry
Old Telecom Guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like it could be a good bait opportunity. These independant file companies are always going to make new documentaries. Pleasesny of opportunity for sample videos to be sent. i hear there is a lot of money in it as well. Laughing

"Mimi si yule ninayesema ni mimi" - Larry

"sir i have just told you the gospel truth" - D4n Nkw3rr3
Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkw3rr3: Port Harcourt to Abeche (with a layover in Cameroon)
Closed lad accounts x 4 Cellphone x 2 pony
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Monsignor wrote:
Slightlyoutofit wrote:
"They don't have to lock their doors like people in the West".
Dude, the ... door was a piece of plastic held down with a stick. Couldn't lock the bastard if you tried.

Brilliant! Very Happy

Just like I frequently hear 'Back in the fifties you could leave you door open all the time and no one would steal from you'. The reason being no one had anything worth stealing except a bog standard cheapy radio that everyone and their aunt had.

Once the ash cloud clears I'm off to live on that dump.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe that the next programme is about the Ayetoro Village Waterside. A huge slum built upon the river and known as "Nigeria's Venice".
The last episode ended with a guy saying how he loved living there and how it was so clean because you could just crap in the river and it would carry it away.

But before UK TV starts putting a gloss on it, perhaps it would be educational to take a look at what Nigerians themselves think about the slum.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/mar/14/national-14-03-2010-006.htm

Note how the programme concentrates on the same heading that the article contains - A poor life but a happy life.

The article gives a better explanation of what constitutes happiness:
Quote:
A poor life, a happy life
They never despair. Instead, they resort to mind-boggling night life that chase away all sorrows. For here, alcohol, drugs and women are in abundance.

The first episode has already caused quite a stir on nairaland:
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431355.0.html

I notice some people on nairaland suggesting that the next episode is about Makoko. It gets an even worse write up:

http://www.irinnews.org/Report.aspx?ReportId=60811

http://wikimapia.org/5750790/Makoko-Slum

Quote:
Makoko is a slum neighborhood located in Lagos, Nigeria. At present its population is considered to be 85,840; however, the area was not officially counted as part of the 2007 census and the population today is considered to be much higher.[1] Established in the 18th century primarily as a fishing village, much of Makoko rests in structures constructed on stilts above Lagos Lagoon.[1][2] Today the area is essentially self-governing with a very limited government presence in the community and local security being provided by area boys.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
EloSela (f)

Re: Bbc2 Welcome To Lagos!
« #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:26 PM »

It wasn't that bad was it?

Too often these types of people are ignored by the Nigerian media who only like to focus on the super rich or celebrities. I think it is good that the BBC focused on these types because not only do they make up the majority of Lagosians, they are also the most honest and hard working diligent people in the city. Unlike the Super rich who are most times crooks or people who have attained the wealth through dubious means or by mistreating others.

abi o
like some homeless people invading dumpsters at KFC and beggars littered all over Washington DC parks right next to the white house,is that a true representation of the USA?

Slums are everywhere, even in the USA? [/quote]

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sycamore wrote:
Okay, for those of you who wish to view the previous and up and coming episodes of 'Welcome to Lagos' you can download them from an account hosted on dropbox that I have made.

See my avatar.

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortal

Laughing

Your welcome. Very Happy

The Louis Theroux documentary being aired tonight should also be available for download sometime the early hours of this morning. (BST)
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Louis Theroux is available for download. Smile.
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Episode 2 being uploaded now. Should be available by 0100 (BST)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Watched it last night. Showed a lot of poor folk working real hard to make seven eights of f*ck all!

The main characters son is definitely shaping up to be a Yahoo boy though! Sad

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Sycamore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not watched it yet... will get it tonight. What is next weeks focus?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not watched it yet... will get it tonight. What is next weeks focus?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:

Quote:
Showed a lot of poor folk working real hard to make seven eights of f*ck all!

But to those guys £47 is big money, so don't judge by western standards.

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the beeb is putting up comments on the series. An interesting read.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I notice that a lot of Nigerians posting there are saying that the BBC has only concentrated on the negatives and has ignored the positives of Nigeria.

What positives? Not one of them has specified a single good thing about the country.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ One of the positives would be the internet cafe industry? Now wouldn't that make interesting TV?

Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched the first one and did some a certain amount of sympathy for the situation most of them were in. Surviving in such a place must mean that violence is never far away.

However, the second programme started with the commentator making admiring remarks about a man with 19 children - now that is wrong.

pony
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I can´t quite agree with you there, though you have every right to your opinion.
I saw the second part on youtube and was most impressed by the man.
What really blew me away were the shots of the sand barge fleet coming in to harbour, fully laden, knowing how they had been laden and how all those sails were made.

I found the least sympathetic characters to be the women who run the saw-mills.
As the commentater mentioned at one point, a world which is absolutely medieval. He refered to the plumbing, of course, but the comment could apply to the entire situation.

Anyway, back to baiting from the shallow end of the pool.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having that many children is wrong, anywhere, everywhere, and I don't give a toss about different cultures, it's too many.

Poverty in Africa? There would be fucking poverty in my house if I had that many kids. It's crazy. There are too many people on the planet now, let alone if everyone behaved like that. No wonder Nigeria is in such a state, their population explosion would put any country in the world back in the stone age.

pony
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
What positives? Not one of them has specified a single good thing about the country.

The Nigerian football team is equal to Australia (20th) in the FIFA world rankings. Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Episode 3 was controversial, the goverment stoolie all for slum clearance and beautifying but what about the people displaced by the clearances. Now that would make a good deocumantary but would the Nigerian Government allow it to be filmed?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic