SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Increase in Investment/Loan Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
linkster2o
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've only been baiting for about a year, and i've only been a member of this site for a few months, but I've noticed a bit of a change in the composition of my catcher account and the various scam emails that manage to get to my bait characters' gmail accounts. Firstly, it appears to me as if there has been a decrease in the amount of Romance scams, largely those coming from vlads. Shortly after I tried baiting a vlad about two months ago, I saw a sudden decrease in the number of emails I received from former soviet block countries. Naturally I still get a few here and there, but they've largely disappeared. Is it possible that my less than successful baiting attempt with the vlad tipped them off to my characters and writing style? I know that vlads are slightly more sophisticated than the run of the mill lads, do you think it is possible that they have some sort of "baiter" reporting system? As for the second change I noticed, I've seen a dramatic increase in the number of check and investment scams over the past few weeks. I attribute the proliferation of the former category due to the fact that they appear slightly more legitimate than NOK or AF models, and that economically disparate individuals will fall for them in a heart beat. The rise in investment scams may be more concerning, as it suggest the lads may have a bit of a communication system in place (I know lads and communication don't mix) as I've been receiving emails specially tailored to my investor characters. Mr.Sage Brush received roughly a dozen emails after he began communicating with Mr.Franklin of Accra Ghana (who went on a lovely safari to Togo). Mr.Brush informed Franklin that he was a CEO, and shortly after that information was released, I received several emails addressed to Mr.Brush and were written in a manner that suggests they were written specifically for me, and not for mass mailings. My first assumption was that Franklin and some of his friends were just attempting to get even more cash out of the gullible executive, but almost all the emails in question were not from Ghana, as the IP adresses pointed towards Port Harcourt Nigeria. This indicates that Franklin or someone else had tipped off his buddies in Nigeria that I was a paying mugu. My correspondence with the Nigeria lads didn't yield anything wonderful, and they dropped me about the same time Franklin got back from Togo and realized that he, not me, was the mugu. All this information suggests that our pets may actually be working together in a manner more sophisticated than we previously thought...

Just some food for thought

Safari Franklin, Accra Ghana-Kpalime Togo
2 X United Kingdom

3 X Closed lad accounts

Haud Misericordia
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic