SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Garden thread 2010 (vegetable)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a link to last years garden thread. CLICK (It was the thread update, but it has pictures)

It is a nice warm spring in Minnesota, Today I got over 400 onion sets in, carrots and broccoli. The hot weather stuff will have to wait until the end of May. (In Minnesota we define "hot weather" as being over 60 degrees F)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! With the warm March/April, I thought it was too late for the cool weather plants so only put in my onion sets and the peas last weekend. Although I did freeze my fingers off during my run this morning.

I always love your harvest pictures. What else are you thinking this year?

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing crazy Bo. We ran out of caned tomatoes in February, so I think we are going to plant a few more vines. I'm giving up on potatoes, those damn Colorado potato beatles are giving me fits.

I went heavy on the onions, set 400 today. That should last through the winter.

(I will be at the Twins game on May 11th, meet you there for a visit?)

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We started a little early this year, and most of our plants from seed.
The weather cooperated. We've got peas, various peppers, tomatoes, leafy lettuce/cabbage types, and some herbs going.
The squirrels did some massive damage two nights in a row, but have since left the garden alone.
I've been out of town for a few weeks, and am curious to how things are going. My wife is supposed to send me pictures today.

I don't think it's legal, but one of her friends brings seeds back from China when she visits, and gives some to my wife.

I'll have more 'mystery' vegetables in the garden this year.

Q: 'What is this?"

A: 'Chinese vegetable'

Q: 'What is it called?"

A: 'Don't know english name. Don't worry. You won't like. I eat'.

(I'd still like to know WTF it is.......)

Very Happy

Oh yeah, my wife is Asian, and loves to eat sweet potato, pumpkin,and pepper plant leaves.

My battle last year was to get her to leave enough leafs on the damn plants so they'd grow. More than once my favorite pepper plants looked like charlie browns christmas tree......3 leaves on a tall plant with 7 or 8 huge peppers dangling in the nakedness.
Everytime the pumpkin plants blossomed......she'd eat the flowers. Never saw any pumpkins. Sad

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I found the best thing for keeping squirrels and cats off the veggie patch is to lay some Pyracantha fronds in between the young plants. Covered in the thorns from hell they hate them and stay well away. Wink

The only Chinese vegetable I know is pak choi cabbage which is lovely.

I'll not be doing too much. Started a few tatties but that's about it for this year.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It must be a time of year thing, I was wondering 'what no gardening thread?' as I was killing dandelions by digging their roots out.

I think the thread title is vegetabilist, we don't all grow to eat. I just try and stop nature overwhelming the garden.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have several different varieties of tomatoes and chillis on the go in the greenhouse together with beetroots, green beans, squash,cucumber, courgettes (zuchini for our cousins),spinach, leeks,peppers,aubergine, salad leafs, kale. Plus lots of flowers!!

And Mrs MM has just planted one area with Kestrel spuds.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@windypops

I researched some home remedies on the 'net, and told my wife to experiment with some of them.
She dumped coffee grounds around one plant. Sprinkled ground red pepper around another, and squirted hot sauce around one more.

Maybe it was coincidental, but the little buggers have left the garden alone since then.

Maybe it was the sight of a hungry looking chinese lady, probably mumbling in Mandarin, and wandering the backyard with spices in hand with a large gas BBQ grill not too far away that did the trick?

Squirrel Stir Fry recipe

Find Squirrel. Beat it with large shovel until not moving and tender.
(Hit again to make sure....)

Skin and gut flattened squirrel. Save internal organs for soup to feed husband. Prepare the skin to be turned into a pot holder.

Cut meat into small portions while cursing at husband who is away on business trip. Marinate in Lao Gan Ma sauce.

Heat too much oil in a Wok, until it's smokes.
Add squirrel meat to pan, fry lightly.

Add assorted garden vegetables and unknown weeds from yard.

Douse with soy sauce, add MSG to taste, and at least three handfuls of salt.
Stir until all veggies are cooked.

Serve with white rice, and eat while mumbling about bad 'western food and supermarket' where you can't find fresh dog meat, scorpions,
snake, and all the normal 'choice cuts' of pork, beef and chicken go into inedible HOT DOGS.

Very Happy

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Too funny!! You owe me a keyboard ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing We ate at a "Chinese buffet" last night, next to the hotel. The kids were impressed that they had a soft serve ice cream machine.

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After many decades I found the perfect anti-squirrel, anti-cat, anti all the rest of the bastards.

Get two large liter (or bigger) soft drink plastic bottles.

Put in one crushed head of garlic and 4 tablespoons of red pepper in each container. Put it out in the sun for 2 or 3 days.

Pour the stinky, somewhat fermented mixture into a hand spray bottle through a sieve or cheese cloth so the chunks won't clog the fine spray. Keep the remaining for later.

Add a few drops of horticulture oil to the spray bottle. This oil will help the mixture stick to the plant. You can use any oil really but remember that you will be eating the plant.

You will be able to smell the mixture for weeks and the squirrels and cats and skunks and badgers and birds and anything else will avoid your garden.

. . . . . .

On the other topic, I used to trap squirrels and relocate them. Now I just kill the fuckers anyway I can.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
I used to trap squirrels and relocate them. Now I just kill the fuckers anyway I can.

Fucking tree rats.

Several years ago, when I cared about living things, I trapped and relocated the little bastards several miles away. I was surprised on how they repopulated the area so quickly, so, I had a theory. Using the scientific method I spray painted one of their tails white before I shipped it out. It was back 3 days later.

I now use a Ruger 10/22 for all situations related to tree rats.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@goldhat, I found a similar concoction on the 'net I'll try if they regroup and attack again.

I do have a silent, decent quality pellet pistol. It's actually quite fun and relaxing to sit quietly in a lawn chair, beer and cigar in hand, and take out the furry little buggers as they scamper by within range. Time for a .177 calibre lobotomy.....

I have a 10/22 and an old Mark II bull barrel model, also, but couldn't get away with firing them where I live....at least on squirrels.

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would you believe squirrels are considered 'cute' where I live? I would be lynched for killing one. Now of course I know better, but only after having signed up to Eater. Wink

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No veges in my small garden plot. About to dig out all the weeds and almost dead salvias and put in a whole stack of bulbs (hyacinths and jonquils) so that they will start sprouting in Spring.

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stepan Fetchit said:
Quote:
I don't think it's legal, but one of her friends brings seeds back from China when she visits, and gives some to my wife.

Bringing propagative seed into the US with out proper documentation such as phyto-sanitary certificates and properly declaring said seed is a serious violation. It can be costly.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A whole new batch of Cannabis Indica. Well hidden in a rarely visited spot, among stinging nettles and elder bushes, because me old folks are of peasant stock and know Cannabis family member when they see it, although they only worked with ordinary hemp (Cannabis Sativa), used for fiber&paper.
My pa would eat me liver for breakfast, with nice fresh scallions, garlic, radishes, lettuce and sorrel leaves if he ever finds out about that side of me botanical passion. Ma would only destroy the plants and call me a junkie and pothead.

Oh yeah, poppy too, although I use it only for the seeds. I like pastry sprinkled with poppy seeds, and poppy pie rolls. Laughing They are in plain sight, no need to hide them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makowiec_%28pastry%29

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WERE TWO SHEDS

AND GOD SAID IT WAS GOOD
(but still needed some work.)

NOW . . . . . .

v

v

v

v

v

WAIT FOR IT

v

v

v

v

v

v

THERE ARE TWO RAISED BEDS . . . . . .

GOD IS PLEASED

And lots of bunched onions

And asparagus

And Ontario's provincial flower - the Trillium.

Image[/b]

And I haven't even planted seed yet Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic