SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

H3len V4ye meets 4sh: My first!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You do not need to leet the name Helen Vaye.
Google returns 2090 hits and as it's the lad that is using the alias, he's hardly going to Google it himself is he?

As for leeting the name "Helen" on it's own? Google returns 62,600,000 hits. I think you're safe there, don't you?

If 4sh is a leeting of Ash you may be interested to know that Google gives 56,900,000 on that name. Again, absolutely no need to leet.

Please take a look at this thread for further information:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181315

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SOOI wrote:
Google returns 2090 hits [...]

..but the 2nd from the top is here in surplus.

Quotes around the name reduces the result to 41 hits. Add Ash to that (outside the quotes) and your post is the only hit. Without quotes but with Ash, it is the very first of about 1000.

I don't agree that scammers would not google their own character's name. I think it would be a good way for them to find who is baiting them.
I don't agree (no, you didn't say that) that lads will never use quotes in queries (or are generally not google savvy).

Individual words giving millions of hits each doesn't matter. Combined they may give very few. And even if you get millions of hits on your name(s), if your thread is the top one, or even on the 1st page of hits, it's easily found. It's all about ranking.

In my opinion there are only 2 things against leeting:
1 - You may want google to find your thread, so that other potential vics find out it's a scam (but in this case OP didn't want that), and
2 - It can get difficult / annoying to read.

#2 is of course the reason you made your post. The way around that is to |eet |ightly. There is no need to leet more than 1 letter per word. In the case of a first and last name, only 1 of them needs leeting. Or just change names entirely (Hanna Verboom?) It protects but doesn't annoy, no leeting required.

The thread you link to explains why you should not leet, in stead of how to properly obfuscate more effectively and less annoyingly.
Oh, and feel free to move this post into that leeting thread, if it is more appropriate there. Didn't mean to steer this thread sideways. Just wanted to counter balance the 'leeting is evil'-sentiment.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bolleboos wrote:

I don't agree that scammers would not google their own character's name. I think it would be a good way for them to find who is baiting them.

Most lads aren't even aware of baiters. Some of them know about "jokers" but they have no idea how organised we are. Why should they? The idea that there are people who bait - people who work against them for no financial gain - is totally alien to them.
But even if a lad was aware of baiters, it's still quite a leap to assume that he would Google his own alias. If I were him, I'd be Googling the baiter's alias. Not my own.

Quote:
I don't agree (no, you didn't say that) that lads will never use quotes in queries (or are generally not google savvy).

I can tell you for a fact that the majority are not PC savvy. Not only that but if they can Google, they won't bother. You will be one of many hundreds of potential victims that the lad will be dealing with - he simply wouldn't have the time to check up on each one that's messing him around. Not only that: every second spent outside of their email box costs them money. Googling is not a financially viable option for a lad.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have read the argumentation, that lads dont know about computers, never will google, have no concept of scambaiters and are only sitting in cybercafes and pay for the minute of computeruse more than one time here on Eater.

Who (seen as baiter-experience) am I to speak against ? Hello I'm almost New here!
I just belief that this is not the only truth in the reality out there.
I believe that also in ladland more and more educated lads are sitting on their own computers. And are also using the service of bot-nets for distribution of their scam-mails.

And regarding the slightly obfuscation of names - more than one time did Google ask me ... Did you mean ....? and made proposals to correct a 'misspelling', even when it was intentional by me.
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SOOI: Ok. Let's give the thread back to the original subject. I replied to you in PM.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

partysan wrote:

I believe that also in ladland more and more educated lads are sitting on their own computers.

Thankfully, only the very, very successful lads can afford their own PCs. And these lads are normally the ogas so aren't the type of lad who deals with a baiter anyway.

You've got to avoid putting Western standards on lads. Remember, not only will the lad need to spend about $1250 to get himself a PC but he'll probably have to spend another $750 to get his phone line. And that's even before he gets his ISP sorted.

To spend that sort of money on a piece of equipment that he won't know how to use (PC literacy is almost non-existent in West Africa) and it's doubtful he'd take the plunge.
Much better to spend the cash on a new phone or a bit of jewelrey he can flash around.

partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, the argumentation with jewelry I'll understand. Very Happy
---
end of hijack ?
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just our of interest, I took a look at the stats for eater over the last couple of months. Having a look to see how many visitors we get from west African countries.

These countries have below a 1% hit rate. So few are the visits that they do not even show up as 1% Once we had 0.27% show up and that was from South Africa.

By far our largest amount of hits come from the following countries (networks)

U.S.A
    United Kingdom
    Australia
    Netherlands
    France
    Canada
    Germany

The list varies in order from month to month but typically that is what we are seeing.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Imperial Guard
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Round 8 - more stalling Very Happy

Lad:

Quote:

Honey,
How are you today hope you are fine, and how is work how i wish am there to help you in workshop mylove,i will love to be watching you while you make a furniture mylove.Try to send me the mail of confirmation of the electronic transfer you made to the account so the rev father will see that and take note, that is what i mean by payment slip as the rev father said but i think since you made it with elcetronic means then you suppose to send me the confirmation email for that effect mylove.

Hel3n

Me:
Quote:

Hello, toots!

Understood. I'll add the confirmation email below so you can see for yourself.

Hang in tight there, things will be sorted out soon Smile

Ash.

(I attached a converted and garbled TXT files with a few enticing words to make the mugu believe it's the real thing - I plan on bringing on "safe email" issues to stall further)

Imperial Guard
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And we're at it again Very Happy

After a brief exchange of banter, Lad complained the money didn't arrive.

Ash's answer:

Quote:

Hey, toots!

Something's definitely amiss there.
I checked the transaction status yesterday (I was isolated for a few days by bad weather, so I couldn't access the net) and it shows as complete.
So I phoned the bank and the clerk told me the money was withdrawed as planned!

Have you checked with your Rev. Father?

Let me know.

4sh.

After a week or so of silence, today here comes:

Quote:

Darling,

Good morning ,it has been long time i heard from you.as i was sick for some time now and the electricity here in camp is down for some time now,thats why i can not send you mail for a while now.so they rev father have gone to the bank and they said that they money have not cleared that since it is online payment it has to take some time to get here.

That is why the western union is better ,had it been you use the western union since they bank would have finalised the transfer since all these days.but lets wait for they money to reach the rev father account here.

Bye for now with sweet kisses from your beloved
H3len

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic