SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New here, might have screwed up.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Hanak
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I came to this site a while ago and thought the Idea was pretty cool, but never actively tried scambaiting. So a couple of days ago I found a scam Email in my regular email account, so I decided to have some fun with it. The only problem is I used my main email account to do so. I'm only maybe 3 emails in but I was wondering how I should proceed. Should I start using a different email account? Or should I stop communications immediately?
Thanks for your help.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The general rule is not to bait from a personal account but from one set up for that purpose. Simply block him from the personal account and send a reply from your dedicated baiter account, starting from scratch.

Bait safe, read the stickies, and ask for a mentor.

Welcome to Eater!

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Lance Boyle
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Drop them and cease communicating.

Always bait using an email account where your IP address is stripped away so it's not traceable back to you.

Use a fake name, address and phone number in your dealings with the scammers. If you do need a phone number use skype online number (used to be called Skype In) or a prepaid phone not easily linked to you.

Sometimes these scammers have contacts in the country you live in and have the very real potential to inflict harm upon you if you piss them off enough.

Always play safe with these guys, read the 419Eater University posts and the Help and Advice forum. Perhaps get a Mentor to help you start out.
Hanak
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, before you posted Lance, I set up another email account and sent a message directing the person to that account, and blocked them from my gmail account. Hopefully I haven't screwed this up too much. Should I just stop communicating now? or should I convince them I was just a little kid (honestly it'd be believable, at least with what I've written so far)?
Lance Boyle
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hanak wrote:
Well, before you posted Lance, I set up another email account and sent a message directing the person to that account, and blocked them from my gmail account. Hopefully I haven't screwed this up too much. Should I just stop communicating now? or should I convince them I was just a little kid (honestly it'd be believable, at least with what I've written so far)?

You should kill the new account because if you have redirected them from one to the other they will still link it back to you.

Drop this one. There are plenty of others to bait.

Start fresh with a brand new account. Before you do, read as much as you can about safe baiting practices. Scam baiting can be very rewarding but only if you do it safely.
Nailgunner
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep your bait persona and your own affairs as seperate as if they were two people who will never know about each other's existence. As seperate as your toothbrush and your toilet brush, with consequences even more foul than getting that two mixed up.

Drop this lad, get a new account and a new pet, there are thousands of them out there and you don't have to feel guilty about leaving one out in the cold to find a better home.

Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're in trouble, buddy! I squik from my personal experience. Now you will receive a lot more scam mails in your personal mailbox. Because your buddy the scammer will give your address away. Until 5 years ago I was scam-safe, only received spam. Then some scammer found my mail address which I carelessly posted on one of the forums I am a member. Then the fun time begun, and a year later I joined eater.

P. S. That address is no longer my 100% PERSONAL one.
I only keep it for old times's sake and baiting.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Hanak! Smile

You said your personal account was gmail, so your IP was not visible. Did you give out personal information you might not want a scammer to have about you?

Send your new baiter account an email and see what it looks like.

Do what you are comfortable with. Baiting safe is keeping your hobby separate from your Real Life.

Generally, unless you have done something to really upset the lad they don't care who you are. They just want you to send money. They won't even send you a "thank you" card if you were to send them money.

Scammers are looking for a quick score of money, not a score to settle.

Could a scammer look you up with the right information? Yes
Could you get hit by falling debris from space? Yes
Which is more likely? I don't know

Do what you are comfortable with and bait safe, consider getting a Mentor. Don't panic, you can drop or not drop, it is up to you.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
TheFae
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Hanak! What all of these good people have already said, I second it.

ParaNoid wrote:
They won't even send you a "thank you" card if you were to send them money.

butbutbutbut, waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait, wait, wait wait, wait, they promised! Crying or Very sad I've yet to get mine butbutbut, wait, nononono, yes, yes, hope is eternal. Wink Twisted Evil

from my siggy:
Quote:
"kindly send us a copy of the deposit/transfer slip at the earliest for record purpose as it will also aid my organisation when sending out thank you cards to all donors."

That's when I knew I was a true Eater. Twisted Evil

GO GOLD! **CLICKY**
"This is really bad"
"my account has been disable and can not sell anymore and this is all i live on"
shmuckers
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just stop replying completely. Read some of the FAQ's around the forum, open a new Gmail account with all fake information, and enjoy baiting. Just remember to keep your baiting life 100% fake.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic