SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kittythecat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These guys are sticking on me like flies to honey. I am just about to get my latest 'trophy' (I have kept him tied for more than two months), so I just wish to know where here am I to report him.

Something more... This guy is using the site of a very reputable and respectable small business company in NY. I visited the site and I saw that it is a regular business. Am I to warn the lady who owns it?
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

report? you can post a pic of your trophy in the picture forum, if thats what you mean, we dont report addresses and have them shut down, no point they will just open another.

that actual business could prove useful to baiting him, when he asks for money say you sent it to the details on the website, or use yourself contacting the website as some sort of road block in him getting anything from him.

As for notifying the page owner..... I'll let someone one more experienced answer that, but i have a feeling its a fruitless endevour.

Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, kittythecat, welcome to eater! A two month bait is pretty good work. Keep stringing him along!

If you have acquired bank account details from your lad, they can be reported to someone who may be able to get the account shut down. More on this can be found here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780

Can you elaborate on how this scammer is using the legit web site in his scam? I agree with Huntington that there probably isn't much that can be done but it would be good information nonetheless.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're sure it's a legit site that the scammer is piggy backing off of, you can at least let the site owner know and if they are interested, they can put up a disclaimer on their site saying to beware of scams and warn of the scam details you have...word of caution though, some site owners don't give a flying <your choice word here> and will either ignore you or go off on you.

Not to scare you or anything, it's good to let the owner know(again, only if you're sure it's a legit site), I just want to let you know what might happen so you're prepared for it if it does.

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
Sheridan
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On several occasions I have warned legitimate business owners. As CO has said the results can be quite varied but at least it is a way to educate those that live in a bubble. This sort of thing can effect anybody no matter how much they believe otherwise.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Depending on the scam, the site may be cloned. This is particularly likely for recruitment scams, but if it isn't a clone but original, by all means report it to the site owner. There's not much they can do, except put a scam warning on their front page, but they may appreciate the tip-off and contact Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic