SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Getting too Close to Home?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wtriker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've progressed to a point in my bait where the lad has referred me to a contact purportedly in Spain. However, when I search the email address ([email protected]) it comes back located in a city not very far from me. Probably a coincidence but it is still reason for concern. Should I proceed or dump this lad?

Closed lad accounts x5

"I AM JUST IN RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL BUT I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED TO YOUR REACTION, I GUESS YOU ARE A MATURED MAN UNDERMINING WHAT EVER CIRCUMSTANCE, AT LEAST I DESERVES A RESPECT AS HUMAN BEING..." MR ABDEL SAMIR
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Wow, that is scary!

Yes, you can still bait him but be safe about it. Probably take more precautions than you normally would.

Scammers are pretty much everywhere so it's not all surprising that he could be near you. Just don't get tempted to meet him. Double check the Ip address just to be sure.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
Rick Shaw
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had two cases like that. I always drop them. I was dealing with a Nigerian lad who was running a loan business. I said I was In London from Canada and asked If I could complete the forms for the loan in person. He gave me an address that was an apartment block about 1 mile from where I lived, it was so close I knew exactly where it was.

It is not worth risking anything that is too close to home. You could always find some excuse not to meet him though.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.OTU NNE GI UNDERSTAND.

YOUR MOTHER TOTO DID YOU UNDERSTAND.BYE FOR NOW.GUY. Victor Owusu.

Take care little odd friend - D@ve L3wis

FOLL PUT THIS TO YOU FUCKING BIG HEAD. V1ctor OwusV

I never knew that a man who claim to have reputation could be so rude ,nasty and very barbaric like you did. (death cert faked) Dav1d Caruso

YOU ARE A BASTARD AND THE WORST AND WORST POOREST BASTARD ON THIS EARTH PLANET. GO TO HELL AND PUBLISH THE FUCKING PUSSY OF YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FEMALE DAUGHTERS AND YOUR OCTOPUS LONG DICK. YOU SEE WEALTH COMING ON YOUR WAY ON A PLATTER OF GOLD AND YOUR REFUSE TO GRAB IT. M1chael Pyl3

Neither am i a nadger hunter Joe OmQ
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wtriker,

If you feel it's too close to home. Some people here at the site are getting 40 and 50 scam mails a day. Not to mention what's in surplus and a site called dodgit.com has fresh Lads DAILY.

So if you're looking to "hook-up"
with that special someone, long-distance business relationships are best.

my 2 cents

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wtriker wrote:
...it comes back located in a city not very far from me.

I'm not really sure why this is a problem. I regularly give lads the city where I live. I see little harm in it. And just to further the point, in the past, I've also given the lads my name and photograph.

There's absolutely nothing they can do even with all of that information.

In your case, though, they don't even have one of those pieces. The fact that it was a city near to you is nothing more than a coincidence. Think about it. If the lad knew exactly where you lived and wanted to spook you, he would have given you the city where you lived instead of a nearby one.

If I were you, I would contact this person and check the IP address to confirm that they really are close to you. And if they are, that just makes your bait all that much more fun. Very Happy

Oh, what I would give to be in contact with a lad operating out of Sacramento. Lad meet in Rancho Cordova. Twisted Evil

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have pulled the reverse. On a stranded traveler scam (the one in the gmail warning) I decided it would be fun to be too close to the scammer in London (IP address in Nigeria so not really there) and offered to buy dinner, make airline reservations, buy the ticket and provide a ride to the airport.

The lads get spooked just like you did..

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer is quite simple:

If you have any concerns for your safety (and you obviously do or you wouldn't be asking) you should drop the bait.

Nickthecop wrote:
I'm not really sure why this is a problem. I regularly give lads the city where I live. I see little harm in it. And just to further the point, in the past, I've also given the lads my name and photograph.

That is certainly not something that we condone.
Give a lad your name and city and it may not be difficult to track you down to your home address. It doesn't even matter if your lad is in Africa - there are plenty who operate in international gangs and for every lad in Nigeria we bait, it's likely that he has a connection within a few hours' driving distance from you at the very least.
Although it's highly unlikely that you may receive a visit, it is still a possibility and therefore we do not give the lads any of our personal details. Remember also that it doesn't even take a visit to start screwing with you - personal details can be used in all sorts of ways.
Believe me, I've dealt with lads who would send someone round to my house or try to get revenge like a shot if they knew who and where I am.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If the scammer really does have some associate close to you in the same country - (And assuming it's actually someone who's helping commit fraud of his own free will, not some innocent person that's been duped into acting as a mule or something) - what are the chances of getting him arrested, using the correspondence with the scammer as evidence?

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Very, very slim. Using the correspondence alone? About zero.
To get a conviction, even slimmer.

Unfortunately, our LE in the West could be said to be even worse than their African counterparts when it comes to dealing with 419. Not their fault though - their hands are tied by our politicians and by the scammer's using holes in the law to their advantage.

There is some evidence that their attitudes and methods are slowly changing regarding the big lads but for your regular lad or mule scamming out of a Western address, I wouldn't hold my breath on them taking action.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
wtriker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks all. Since my goal is to meet in Spain, I guess I'll play along at least for a while using extra care. At this point I'm sure the lad cannot connect me to my character. I was hoping for a safari but I doubt someone from here will go all the way to Spain to meet me. Although they may have another agent there. BTW, how does one know that a safari really occurred rather than it be a local member of the organization?

Closed lad accounts x5

"I AM JUST IN RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL BUT I AM JUST DISAPPOINTED TO YOUR REACTION, I GUESS YOU ARE A MATURED MAN UNDERMINING WHAT EVER CIRCUMSTANCE, AT LEAST I DESERVES A RESPECT AS HUMAN BEING..." MR ABDEL SAMIR
wowwow
Elite Baiter

Location: Here is the picture of the cash in the boxes before we send it down to the company to deposited it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like my baits to be so close, I even make up the spare room just in case Wink

I dream of walking up behind one and slapping a "419 scammer" sticker on his back and taking a photo of it.

I am the person who owns the safe firm in UK but right now on sick bed for my heart surgery due to my heart failure M Efosa
Tell them to go to hell and burn to arches Prince Jerry Zulusofola
I don’t have job, I am a hacker, hacking jawing stick and Sachet water Udeh Ebuka
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162469
Closed lad accounts x5 Easter Egg 2012
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I managed to get one lad to travel from Mali to France and I didn't even ask him to travel or go to France for any reason. He went on his own. Shocked But then again I got him to T.W.A.T. Laughing

EDIT: 789.

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic