SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I was hacked.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
I am an idiot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Tambourine Man wrote:

Probably only a small risk of problems, but it isn't really safe baiting.

Has anyone ever been harmed by one of these people? Where are they usually from? I'm pretty jumpy at the best of times.
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
It's always a possibility, however small, hence the safe baiting rules.
If they're overseas, chances are small that they'd spend the time and money to fly over and go looking for someone. If it doesn't look like you're going to send money, they're not interested in you, so they'll move on and look for someone else.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't heard from you in quite a while Sandy. If you are still in London, I could give you a lift. Have you called your mom? You can use the phone at my flat if you wish, no charge.

We'll see where it leads.. I hope you don't mind an old lost boyfriend getting back in touch. Cool

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am an idiot wrote:
Mr Tambourine Man wrote:

Probably only a small risk of problems, but it isn't really safe baiting.

Has anyone ever been harmed by one of these people? Where are they usually from? I'm pretty jumpy at the best of times.

A few people who travelled to meet scammers have been hurt and even killed. I've not heard of anyone else having been harmed physically.
He could arrange for your email account to be heavily spammed though. He's likely to be in Nigeria, but could someone baiting him confirm that?
If he googles on his Yahoo address, he'll be led here. so I really don't think we should continue any baits.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If he googles on his Yahoo address, he'll be led here.

It may be worth the effort to edit the prior posts to slightly modify the original address so a Google search won't bring it up, but a user of the forum can still use it properly. PM a mod to help obscure the real address in all posts that list it.

Good call and valid concern.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I've exchanged several emails with the scammer. Usual blah blah on both sides.

@IAAI (that's the OP, or Original Poster. I refuse to use the screen name you've chosen, since it's just not accurate!)--you should know that as you suspected, the scammer is consistently using a first and last name as well, quite probably yours (S***** M*******). There's no risk to me in this, but a small risk to IAAI, in that if the scammer ever figures out he's being baited by all IAAI's new friends, he might get mad at IAAI and actually be able to do something. That chance is extremely low that a scammer would even care and even lower that he could actually be able to take any action in another continent, but it's not absolute zero.

IAAI should have a right to call it all off if she wants. I'd hate to lose the guy completely, but I'll drop it if she asks.

Another way to play it would be to get the scammer's normal email address from him somehow and then bait it until the cows come home.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^yes please, it is 9 am west coast of the USA and I have rec'd my
1st reply. To the e-mail/letter I sent to the scammer. I would like to hear from IAAI. (I also refuse to use) just acronym. Sandy you commented
Brainiac that was gold. Please let me know how to proceed.

They are asking for £1,000 pounds English money. My next delay tactic as a blonde is "what is that "L" symbol mean. I thought you were an American. OK what do I do next?? Holding off reply till I hear. Thanks.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got just a scrip letter. It is plain as day my personal knowledge of an old friend were totally ignored.

I was not informed if she called her mom, ignored the offer of a lift as I am right nearby, offer of use of long distance, etc.

I ignored the request for money and proceeded to delay mentioning a pub nearby, would you like to meet for dinner etc.. I'll proceed to try to get them off script asap.

As others mentioned, the full name was given in the reply. Bummer. I am willing to vanish if requested to. Just say the word, otherwise we can tie up their time as you have LOTS of friends, with problems with sending money.

I started the delay by asking if mom has been contacted.

This may turn into a safari for the lads to drop by and pick it up. I doubt they can find someone who can fool a close friend in person.

This is what I sent

Quote:
I didn't check my email until today. That must have been very scary. I see you wrote others. Did you call your mom?

If you are still in London, I'm nearby. Do you need a lift?

Where are you now?

This is the reply with some mods for google search.

Quote:
Glad to hear back from you. It has really been embarrassing for me.£ will cover all my bills but i will appreciate whatsoever you can afford to send right now, I promise to return it to you as soon as I arrive home. You can wire it to my name from a WU around. Here are the details you need to get it to me;

Name - full name including middle initiial
Location 2modified Street London, E moded United Kingdom

I still have my pas so I can use it as ID, e-mail me the transfer details and the confirmation number include the amount sent.

Let me know as soon as you are going out to the WU.

I wrote back trying to get a dinner date. Think there will be reasons the lad won't be able to meet? We will see we can get them off script.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a similar response:
Glad to hear back from you.It has really been embarrassing for me.£1000 will cover all my expenses but i will appreciate whatsoever you can afford to wire right now, I promise to refund it to you as soon as I arrive home. You can wire it to my name from a westin onion outlet around. Here are the details you need to get it to me;

Name - S****
Location 22 bla bla St. London, United Kingdom

I still have my passport so I can use it as identification, e-mail me the transfer details and the confirmation number include the amount sent.

Who is letting you stay at 22 bla bla street with no money?? hmmmm?
Just say the word. I have not yet responded due to security concerns
I remain, Brainiac, waiting for a green light ?

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Enforcer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What if everybody on Eater would donate one lousy dollar to get this sob a oneway ticket to a surprise destination of our choice? I'm thinking of Greenland or Siberia.

"I am deeply sorry if i don"t really get your point then, just because i was trying to defend myself from scammers maybe trying to distract my attention." ~ Appiah Simon as well
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^That would be fine, but only if he travels to Greenland or Siberia to pick up his money at the WU there. Actually, safaris are usually a little less ambitious. A few hours by train is more like it for beginner lads.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Enforcer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just figuring a lad would do just about anything to get his hands on a bundle of cash. And if he didn't have to pay for the ticket, maybe he wouldn't stop and think why it's only oneway and what the heck this place called Greenland is. Twisted Evil

"I am deeply sorry if i don"t really get your point then, just because i was trying to defend myself from scammers maybe trying to distract my attention." ~ Appiah Simon as well
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^It doesn't work that way. He gets to Greenland (or Edinburgh in his case) on his own, because that's where the money is waiting for him. It would be terribly unfair if the money isn't there though, because then he would have wasted his time and his money for nothing. So, to be sure everything is on the up and up, he fills out a lot of forms and makes pictures of himself in various ways, and answers a lot of online questions. It's only logical!

Enforcer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know how it's usually done: We don't pay nada and make him our mugu. However, I'd like to see this one get stranded in the middle of nowhere with no internet connection. He wouldn't just buy a oneway ticket, hence the idea of collecting a dollar from everybody. Greenland is connected to the internet however, but I figure a lot of places in Siberia are not.

Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Does Greenland happen to have lots of very hungry polar bears in it?
I'd be happy to send him there then Twisted Evil

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what my check of the IP yielded:
Quote:
General Information

Hostname: 41.138.185.207
ISP: Visafone Communications Limited
Organization: Visafone Communications Limited
Proxy: None detected
Type: Unknown
Assignment: Static IP
Blacklist:

Geo-Location Information

State/Region: Lagos
City: Lagos
Latitude: 6.4531
Longitude: 3.3958
Area Code:

The lad is not in the UK, but probably thinks he hit the jackpot with the OP's "friends".

I too will hold off pushing past the first script until I hear from the real Sandra.

This could be moved behind a log in if wanted. I don't particularly care. I doubt the lad will search the victim's name.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not gotten a reply to my dinner invatitiion. Until I hear to hold off, I'll simply wait for a reply. I may simply acknowledge the lack of a reply as she got mom or someone to send the funds and is traveling.

I'll complain about the lack of a reply, then offer to send money.. Of course 1/2 the MCTN will be sent to her mom so GoXXXXR that hacks my email can't get the MCTN. Very Happy I think it's time to introduce this lad to mr G. I never email an MCTN because of him.

In the meantime, I'll see if they gave up on the close friend.. Sad and stopped writing.

Please note several IP addresses.. May be a team working on the number of replies. The prior post is from another IP address but in the same general location.
My original reply was from the same IP as above;

My latest reply is from;
41.138.176.45 - Geo Information
IP Address 41.138.176.45
Host 41.138.176.45
Location NG, Nigeria
City Lagos, 05 -
Organization Visafone Communications Limited
ISP Visafone Communications Limited
AS Number AS37127 Visafone Communications Limited
Latitude 6°45'31" North
Longitude 3°39'58" East

She wrote. Didn't mention the missed dinner. Lad is still stuck in town.

Quote:
I still need help in getting back home let me know if you are helping me with the money

Not so fast on the cash buddy.. Back off script please..

I wrote back;
Quote:
Why didn't you meet me for dinner? I was just accross the street. Did you call your mom?

I may still pull one with half a MCTN if the lad is going to be a jerk and not show up. I'll send the other half to mom to keep G omer at bay.

It could be major lad frustration. I think she needs to call mom real soon.

I am getting a frustrated lad. He doesn't want to leave the script and get caught in personal knowledge.

Quote:
Hey *****.
Are you helping me or not just let me know ASAP.

This is from yet another IP address;

I replied a lot upset at the attitude.. He will need to get off script to get my help.

Quote:
S***y?

Why are you being anti-social? Are you mad at me for something? I haven't seen you in quite a while. I can help, but I don't know if you have already recieved any help from anyone else.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the same canned reply this morning.

Code:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.86.49.5 with SMTP id w5cs73937fgw;
        Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:23:59 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.140.56.2 with SMTP id e2mr887090rva.190.1269933838254;
        Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:23:58 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from web114208.mail.gq1.yahoo.com (web114208.mail.gq1.yahoo.com [98.136.183.41])
        by mx.google.com with SMTP id 30si14233499pzk.35.2010.03.30.00.23.56;
        Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:23:57 -0700 (PDT)
Received: (qmail 35076 invoked by uid 60001); 30 Mar 2010 07:23:56 -0000
Received: from [41.138.183.141] by web114208.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:23:56 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailRC/324.3 YahooMailWebService/0.8.100.260964
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: WESTERN UNION DETAILS
To: xxxx <[email protected]>

41.138.183.141: Visafone Nigeria

'Sandra' wrote:
Glad to hear back from you.It has really been embarrassing for me.£1000 will cover all my expenses but i will appreciate whatsoever you can afford to wire right now, I promise to refund it to you as soon as I arrive home. You can wire it to my name from a western union outlet around. Here are the details you need to get it to me;

Name - Sandra xxxx
Location 22 St. John Street London, EC1M 4AY United Kingdom

I still have my passport so I can use it as identification, e-mail me the transfer details and the confirmation number include the amount sent.
Let me know as soon as you are heading out to the Western union.
Sandra.

Waiting for the starting shot...

(Oh, and welcome to Eater. Even if it's under less-than-optimal circumstances. Make yourself comfy, have a cookie!)

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?

Last edited by Bankster on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is approaching lunch time in London. Shot off this lad frustration bit. I will help even though she's anti-social. I'm nearby and offer to meet for dinner.. again.

Note the post prior recieved the intial emal from the same IP as my most recent one, the third one used. Lad is dancing from machine to machine or cafe to cafe. I think he is nervous and doesn't want to be still in any one place too long. Cool He is not using a proxy and is not staying put either.

Quote:
I thought it over. I'll help. Meet me for dinner. I will can stop by the bank on lunch break. Is 7:00 OK at the same pub? Do you want to suggest another place nearby. I don't get off work until 5:30. That will give me time to clean up after work. Shoot me an email or ring my flat and leave a message. I'm in the book.

Me

Sigh.. I'm going to be let down by the very lovely s-andy lad-y again. I wonder if he will get off script long enough to sweet talk me into sending WU.. So far still on the hook. Being in the pub cross the street last night hasn't frightened him too much yet.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
pablo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sandy has two friends. Both got script emails. One is working on changing WU to bank transfer. The other never answers the question asked.

Once he is off script the fun begins. Lad should already know that email is vunderable to hacking.

p.
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the lad way off script. I am too close to where he is not. He is starting to trade barbs with me. I'm playing him for a fool. Follow along. I found a pub on the other side of the street. She didn't show last night. I'm hitting on her again.. for dinner. She slaps me first. I slap back for being a fool. It starts with this exchange.

Quote:
Stop making jest of me this incident can happen to anyone else so if you are helping me help and stop all this jokes let me know when you are heading to the western union

Funny, I was right accross the street. What's up with that. I call it for what it is. Foolish.

Quote:
No joke. Dinner, online ticket purchase and a ride to the airport. You are one the way home. Stop playing with me. My phone didn't ring and you didn't stop by the pub. Quit being a jerk. I'm not stopping at the pub again. Call me.

By the end of the day I changed my mind and explain why I thought the WU idea was stupid and offer the assistance again. Maybe she didn't understand my offer as I didn't spell it out yesterday.

Quote:
You are being silly and it is not helping you. I was right across the street last night having dinner alone. Why do you want me to send Western Union. Have you ever sent Westen Union. It is far from free. Get real. If you are too lazy to walk over to the other side of the street, I simply don't understand it. it's 5:30 now. I'm heading home.

If you are interested in dinner, a plane ticket, a ride to the airport for the redeye flight home, meet me at the pub. If you want to eat somewhere else, give me a ring. I might not answer if I am in the shower when you call. I'll try for 7:00 again at the same place.

Don't blow it. Help has been offered. Don't jerk me around with Western Union foolishness when I'm just down the street.

Now for baiters reading this.. PM me your bait address and persona email.
To make this difficult, I am offering to "contact her" friends and tell them she is being a jerk to me and refusing assistance and ask for advice. You can use my comments to ask her about her refusing assistance if you wish to be a common friend. This could be problems if some of her friends know each other. It does make sense some of us do know each other and are discussing her difficulty.

You can use comments from me to make life difficult for her. She already has help right there in London. You can decide from that to not bother sending a WU or such. Don't write the lad before I write you. I'm waiting for the dinner to fail. The lad is nowhere in London so the dinner will fail.

Email is from IP 41.138.183.141 again.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ PM sent.

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
I am an idiot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry, I didn't get notified that there were any more replies, I haven't read them all yet...a whole extra page since I last looked! I'll have a read after the kids are at school.

I did skim and yes S****** M****** is my real name.

Edited to add, I edited out the phished yahoo address in the original email and put in the one he originally contacted me with [email protected] . You've all done such great work, so he's in Nigeria..wow.

I'm wondering if he copied any emails or personal information from Facebook (which I now have back...yay! only took 7 days..pathetic) There would have been emails with my address but there are hundreds, probably thousands of emails all stored in different folders in my gmail (call me a hoarder), would he have copied them to read later to get more info? Or just gotten my contacts. None of my facebook friends have been contacted again, only one friend that replied to the email he sent out.

I really don't want to drop it as you have all put in so much work but then I don't fancy some Nigerian creeping in and murdering me either. What would the chances of a Nigerian having mates in Australia? Give me your thoughts Smile
Enforcer
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Technomancer: You bet there are hungry polar bears in Greenland. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil And wolves, too. Actually, one in six children in Greenland is malnutrated and therefore at least somewhat hungry. But this would go too far I am afraid. But one should never give up hope, he he he.

Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What would the chances of a Nigerian having mates in Australia? Give me your thoughts Smile

I want to say thanks for jumping in here with the above bit of info. We don't need a city. I was about to write to your friends in the USA.. oops.

As expected dinner was missed. I think I have frightened the lad as so far there is no reply to last night's dinner date. This of course will upset me. I have 3 of your buddies that have sent a PM.. You have nice friends. I will be PM'ing them at a reasonable hour (still too early in London) and I'll ask about your wierd behaviour and failure to pick up the money, get a ticket, etc. I seem to have misplaced your mom's phone number. I'll be asking your friends for it.. Very Happy . They can use your weird behavior as a reason to question your failure to accept help.

You don't need to share any RL info about your mom, etc with us. We will work with vague references so he can't tell he is being played for a fool. This has been fun. I felt I was just to risky to talk to and the lad may simply drop me. This is why I wanted to touch a few of our mutual friends. If played well, some of your other friends know a few more of your friends. I'll keep you posted if the lad writes me again.. Somehow I think I'm out of the loop at the moment. I'm not sending WU and there is no way one if his associates in London (if he has one) can show up at a pub and recognize me to ask for the money. He knows it. He didn't know you have a good friend in London. In RL.. I've never been to London. I love Google street view. It's how I found a pub nearby.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic