SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Could this FreeInterDating be Spamhaus for the lads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Splash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to me that one of them will eventually run an anti-baiter honeypot, and use that information to run a list that fellow lads can validate their victims against. All for a modest fee, of course.

I'm thinking that he throws a few obvious profiles up, records the email addresses and IPs of those that reply, and proceeds from there. His replies in this forum may not be the act of a dull character. The more obtuse and inflammatory he can be, the more baiters he will draw into his honey pot.

This is, of course, half baked speculation on my part. Just an idea...
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could as you never really know. That's why you should never use a password that you use elsewhere. Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would also suggest that many sites have the ability to read your PMs so you should be careful about what you put into any messages you send or receive.

If you read through the other interbaiting thread, you will notice he makes mention of filters that flag key words in private messages sent on the site, then manually checks to see if it is a scammer.

Make of that as you like but I would suggest that some sites at least have the capacity to read your PMs, the less etical of those sites may well use those details to get up to no good

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Qeda
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

whois lists the guy as 'Directi Internet Solutions', trading as 'publicdomainregistry.com'
http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=freeinterdating.com&type=domain

This seems to be a middle-tier provider that have sold the domain to 2Strelca
http://www.publicdomainregistry.com/whois-process/

A search for 2Strelca lists about a bajillion dating sites that this 'company' has registered. It is also registered, notably, in the Ukraine, and headed by the mysterious 'andy'.

I think the hint that this is a honeypot to catch baiters is a suggestion worthy of some serious consideration. Has anyone seen this place advertised anywhere other than in here?

Reaching a little more...
'andy's' email address is strelec at inbox dot vn dot ua
strelec is, if google translate serves me well, the slovakian word for Sagittarius. It also appears to function as a surname.

The physical site for his inbox appears to be in Vinnitsa, Ukraine.

Wandering around the web led to the revelation that some of his sites link to anastasiaweb. This is apparently, according to the interwebs anyway, a very well known pure scamming site... depending on how much you trust this rather frantic guy: http://agencyscams.com/Why/anastasia-international.html

Anyway, a few too many alarm bells for me here. Recommend baiting on this site with serious caution.

Edit: Oh, and, er, hi everyone Smile I'm an intermittent lurker pulled out of the woodwork by the thrill of this mini-chase Very Happy
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Qeda and welcome.

Great research clapping

A search on interdating does pull up a few hits in other places besides here but when I last searched there wasn't many.

Also interesting suggestion as to how many sites are run by this one person.

My own opinion is that it isn't a honeypot, just a careless dating site operator who insists he has found a magical cure for scammers

I may well be proven wrong Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's trying to make money. It costs little to set up and maintain dating sites. To make money with a free dating site, you need traffic. You'll make money by banner ads. To get traffic you need lots of members, preferably pretty people, real or otherwise.
As we've seen before, it's easy to set up a dating site, build it on the back of scammers and baiters. If you let anybody into a free dating site, it grows pretty quickly.
There are various 'estimators' online that evaluate what your website is worth, and the potential for daily ad revenue.

http://www.cubestat.com/www.freeinterdating.com

http://www.cubestat.com/www.datemefree.com

http://www.cubestat.com/www.419eater.com

I doubt he's interested in trapping baiters. You don't set up 20 plus sites to do that. He's trying to make money.
If he really is interested in setting up methods that detect or exclude scammers, they'll probably detect or exclude baiters, also.

He's either clueless, or just making noise to promote another of his half-assed sites.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Qeda
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That makes sense.

My thoughts were, however, that he may be operating a platform to support his own string of scam profiles.

In other words... he creates 70-odd quickie dating sites, seeds them with his own fake profiles, and then rakes in the banner currency while simultaneously raking in the dating-victim-scam currency.

Of course, his sites will be seeded with other scammers... how better to deal with that than by honeypotting baiters to get their IPs and other details, ensuring that his own profiles on the 'real' sites remain untouched, and all of his competition get tied up with his (hopefully) mortal enemies, us.

Perhaps that's a bit clever for a vlad to come up with. Either way, that was the thrust of my personal paranoia Razz
freeinte
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!
I am manager of FreeInterDating and other my sites.
I have problem with scammers on my sites.
But i create new antiscam protection script.
All my dating sites will be without Scammers!
I promise!!!
Andy.
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stepan Fetchit wrote:
snip
http://www.cubestat.com/www.419eater.com
snip

See the large bump in January?

That's the Nurse's doing Smile

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have heard about Nurse's (ahem) large bump too.

Wink Laughing

Hasty edit - adds allegedliness.

Rolling Eyes

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do I hear an echo in here? I bet a word filter will stop it....

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic