SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I think I am most definitely in contact with a scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goresk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This person seemed nice, seemed bit like this person has some bit a fall out in life, then started to school etc and said that oh my registration needs to be in by a certain time and these banks wont accept my cheque. I called my bank in my home country but it will take 3 days and what not. So, the person asked for money.. not much $150.00 ...red flag arise of course ..any suggestions.. I will read up on it. Still in contact with this person, and curious to see how far I can take it Smile
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome here. Very Happy The person may very well be a scammer, you should never send money to anyone you meet over the internet. You can read some of the informational (sticky) topics in this forum to see if there are other red flags aside from the money request.

If this is a scammer, you shouldn't continue to keep in touch. If you'd like to start baiting scammers, you should start over with all fake information. It's not a good idea to irritate criminals who have your real information.

If you post some of the early emails from this possible scammer we can give you our opinions. Also, where is he/she claiming to be located? Do you know how to check an email header to see if they really are where they claim to be?

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, Goresk!

Glad that you found us. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419eater Goresk
Visit Eater University here
This
will help also.
Read the stickies, Bait Safe and most of all Have Fun !!

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
bethc8
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where does it say it is from?? What is the home country?? What of Parents, Family ,Brothers ,Sisters?? How is their spelling, Grammar?? Has it sent any pics?? Anything like, "I'm an orphan, parents /family killed in accident/ war/ other bad relations"?? Post some of the early emails you've been sent, that will give the experts here a alot of info.
DONT Send any funding!! I'm sure that there will be other ways for her to get her registration in on time, tell her to talk to the Registration officials, they WILL be able to verify the bank info given them, if it's legit, that will be good for "her" if not too bad!! at least it won't scam you!!!
Goresk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

At first she seemed nice, then starts to tell this story of how she lost her mother when she was 19 and living alone in Netherlands but (now 33)...my first hmmm.... then the tale continues that she is Nigeria now getting a certificate for helping expecting mothers ... another hmmm ... of course there are the interesting things that she like do, music, plays guitar etc... which seems valid... time zones were correct though ..considering her IP (my firewall records all ips in and out)...like I said above she had issues with the bank etc which is valid because I had those issues before..foreign banks and my cheques ...aside from that ... I did tell her to let the banks sort it out... call if necessary more then one time ..and that any program that you have taken and need enrollment to continue especially since it's your last term will happily wait..they wont be asses especially without options that's for sure.

No, I did not send money, because well unless I known that person for at least a couple of years, (IN PERSON) I wont lend out money to anyone especially if it larger then $20.00 lol..the odd $5 or $10 etc fine but I still have to trust that person. I am a patient person and dislike lying and distrust.

Gave out no information, revealing very little. I am totally aware of scammers considering someone decided that they wanted to buy my 85 mustang I have for sale but wanted to me to send money to their colleague who deals with transporting in the friggin UK over 8000km away before I get the money I was asking rofl ..I dont think so..why should I pay out money for something I am selling LOL

Anyways, this person has not spoken to me since then so Smile it was a scam
oliviareeves
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
wekll this doesn't sound legit in any way. so My advice will be to make an excuse and get rid of this situation... that will be the best thing to do..
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, at first it's only $150 to see if you're willing. Then there will be a car accident, money needed for medical expenses--Someone robbed me--my (insert friend or relative here) is in trouble, I need higher and higher amounts.

You could always tell them you're going to be in the next country over soon and could they come on over, you have a new (your choice, laptop, cell phone, jewelry or money) and see if they'll safari. Twisted Evil
Only if you're sure it's a scammer. (It is, trust me) 100% risky free

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
then the tale continues that she is Nigeria now

As soon as you get to this point, you can be sure the money requests will follow. Born somewhere else +sob stories +temporarily in Nigeria is 100% standard scam format.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just signed up and I believe I am involved with a scammer. He says he needs $1000.00 for his BTA in order to get his boarding pass so he can leave Benin in Africa.
He tells me that he loves me and I am his everything and at first I believed him but when he started asking for money then my mind started changing.

Any idea's on how to turn him in. He is waiting for me to send him this money on Friday so he can leave Friday and come and meet me.

I am a single mother and he says he will support me after he gets here.
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cin3374 please stop all contact with him if he has your real life details.

Have you checked the email header to find out where he is?

Where does he say he is from?

Quote:
I am a single mother and he says he will support me after he gets here.

Sure AFTER he gets here which is never.

If you want to save others form his clutches go over to SW (link at top of page) and read romance scams there, you can help by posting all his details, like where you found him, his name there, his IP address (from email header) and all the emails he sent you.

There are baiter here who have room for a romancer and would treat him with TLC not!

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Cin3374, and welcome to eater.

I'm sorry to have to tel you this, but the person you are emailing is a scammer. I have actually no doubt at all. After you send him the money for the ticket, there will be a problem with his visum and he'll need some money to pay for the release of documents, or whatever. The asking for money will never stop. He will not travel to you, he will not come to support you. All he told you are lies so that you would trust him.

I'm afraid there is very little we can do about this scammer. Almost every single scammer operates from an internet cafe, his email adress and all the pictures he gave you are fake, so there is virtually no way of linking a person to the email adress.

What you can do, is post one of his early emails so we can do some research and put up a profile on him on scamwarners.com, our sistersite.

One thing I ask you is to stop talking to this person immediately. He has your email adress, your real name, etc. Just stop replying. No emails 'I know you are a scammer', because he will try to lie his way out of it. He might send you some more mails, and perhaps call you if you gave your number, but just ignore them all. He'll get the message soon enough and move on.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Cin3374!

Glad you found out before sending money. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome cin,

There are two things you should be aware of at this time:
1) there is no such thing as BTA
2) the only true thing your scammer has told you is that he is Benin.

I have to echo what Caligula said. Drop him like a hot potato.

Scammers who don't get their way are often like angry children who have been thwarted in their plans to cause trouble! Instead of recognizing that they are the cause of the situation, or that they were doing something they shouldn't do, they assign blame to someone else (the victim). In their anger, some scammers can and do retaliate.

We like angry scammers around here, because it means we are getting to them. But death threats and curses don't mean a whole lot to us because we know we are safe and anonymous. And a scammer causing us to lose a mailbox or two is nothing more than an annoyance.

You, however, have a bit more to lose. It is true that your scammer is not leaving Benin anytime soon (so death threats are just a bluff). But he has your email address, family info, and presumably photos of you. In their attempts to retaliate, scammers have been known to
- pull new scams in the victim's name
-report the victim as a scammer to the dating site
-report the victim's email and/or dating profile to the dating site and/or the vic's email provider, claiming the victim is a scammer and causing it to be shut down.
-use the victim's pictures and/or other information in a future scam.
-go all over the internet posting negative things about the victim.
-use the victim's address as a return address for fake checks

Since he has your real information, it could cause quite a headache for you personally and professionally. He will be angry because your dropped him without giving the money he wanted, but you won't have antagonized him further.

If you want to get some revenge on scammers in general, stick around and learn how to bait safely and effectively!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic