SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

1337ing

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[public service announcement]

There seems to be rampant paranoia about Google lately, and an increasingly overwhelming use of leeting to prevent any name from being found in a search.

I think it's time for everyone to step back, take a deep breath, and think about how microscopic the odds of a lad rumbling a bait really are. Seriously, it's pointless to leet common names like Alan, Mike, Robert, Eva, Juan, Jose, or almost any other. Even if a lad were to Google such a name, which is highly unlikely, they would get millions or even hundreds of millions of hits ("Juan" gets 228,000,000).

I realized tonight there's a bit of irony in all the rampant leeting going on. If you Google "Gomer" you'll get 1,390,000 hits. But if you search for"G0mer" you'll find links to Eater in the top 25. There's so much leeting going on that it's actually easier to find G0mer than Gomer! Laughing

So please, to make it easier on everyone, take a moment before leeting a name to think about whether it really serves any purpose.

[/public service announcement]

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Juan, I agree. Most of the leeting done on the forum here is completely unnecessary. Along with the fact that lads aren't going to spend a ton of time doing searches, there's really no need to ever post your lad or character names in full. As you already pointed out, common names don't need to be leeted.
Names like Alan and Western Union being leeted is really quite silly, why would a lad ever in a million years Google search those?
The only few things that truly need to be obfuscated in any way are the tools/sites that are specific to here. I believe that all of those are auto leeted by the forum filters and/or they don't necessarily need be mentioned by full name.

Please keep in mind that leeting makes the forum much harder to read. I skip over posts with leeting most of the time and Titania is at least one member who uses a screen reader. Leeting wreaks havoc with that.

Please don't leet!!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've often wondered when the paranoia of googling lads would turn into paranoia of leet googling lads. If that were the case, then everyone who is leeting to prevent being found are only narrowing the fields.

Paranoia is never healthy.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
JadeFalcon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Paranoia is never healthy.

That's what they WANT you to think!

"fo rizzle my j-fizzle" - BluthBanana

"I am tired of all this questions you do ask me all the time.You ask question like a small kid." - Michael Jonathan, avatarlad

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Come on...You know you want an ORANGE name!</a>
RIP Steward. Never forget.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

Safari x 16:
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

H3y H4x0rs, m4yb3 7h15 5h0u1d b3 4 571(|<¥

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I could not agree more, Juan et al.

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

Ima Baeder wrote:
The only few things that truly need to be obfuscated in any way are the tools/sites that are specific to here.

Good point. I totally agree with leeting 5imba Safari and Secure 5hield. Those are things that a lad might try to Google if they're wary. But never in 10 million years will a lad Google Western Union or Moneygram.

Edit to add: but even with Simba, one letter is all that needs to be changed. It tends to make me nuts when I see 51/\/\b@ 5@f@r1.

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:

Last edited by Juan Freizwidatt on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

@Mr SK, You may have a new tag shortly. Twisted Evil

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck

Last edited by jose_cuervo on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
NickTheCop
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I totally agree with everything that was said. Now can someone tell me why the forum automatically obfuscates every instance of Usman Bello?

Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou - with P.P3t3rs
Safari Lagos to Abuja to Maiduguri - 3050km/1900mi

Sand Timer Safari Safari Safari Broda Michael - 1500km/900mi - Lome to Lagos
-I LOST EVERYTHING THAT NIGHT JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.

Safari BJ - Lome to Abidjan to Yamoussoukro
Safari Lome to Lagos - 2275km/1400mi

Misc : Safari Safari Safari Safari
Total : 17 000 Mugu Miles (27 000km)

pony Closed lad accounts x7 United Kingdom x2 Mortar x8 GoatGoat

"MAY YOUR BLOOD BE SHARED AMONG DOGS AND WOOIS.
YOU FACKING SON OF THE DIVEL YOU ARE MORE STUPID." - Broda Michael

Mr Bigg's is dead! Long live Mr Bigg's! Easter Egg
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the name of "He who shall not be mentioned".

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jose: Thank goodness, the Shady Pervert one keeps scaring off the shorties.

Closed lad accounts x 67
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha

Reap / Sow
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
Edit to add: but even with Simba, one letter is all that needs to be changed. It tends to make me nuts when I see 51/\/\b@ 5@f@r1.

Also, the full name, when posted, is all that probably needs obfuscating. The name Simba shows up tons here as he's a member/former mod. The word safari should have thousands of occurances here as well.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Agreed. Only if a lad put the whole name in quotes would it matter, which is why I say only one letter needs changing. Either 5imba Safari or Simba 5afari ends up evading the search. There's no reason at all to change both S's or any other character.

As an aside, I've been baiting with the Juan Freizwidatt character for over six years now. Needless to say if I were to post an ongoing bait it would be pointless for me to write "Ju@n Fr3izw1d@att" on the forum because if a lad were ever to Google my full character name, I'm busted anyway. But -- I have never been rumbled. As ridiculous as that character name is, no lad has ever bothered to Google me.

Safari x 16:
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
BluthBanana
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mr.scissorkick wrote:
Thank goodness, the Shady Pervert one keeps scaring off the shorties.

Did you just say 'shorties'? Laughing

More on topic, there is also no need to obfuscate text in forums that cannot be searched by Google.

Tattoo Mortar x11 Closed lad accounts x17 Safari x3

United States Thailand Switzerland Nigeria Sweden x115

pony Golden Goat Goat x2 Mc Fry

Art baits: X-Wing

419 Eater Theatre: The Hitchhiker

Lads & Crocodiles:
Safari x3 Vcamera x3 {John} {Willie} {Kingsley}

Safari x2 - . Vcamera .

"I will never forgive you for all the pains, trouble, frustrations, strandedness and disappointments you have caused us." - David
dogsbum
NN's whore

That's a relief to know because I was worried about getting slapped in the sack for not being careful. And teddy is into giving lad's pain not into getting pain (except from NN of course) Embarassed No-one has really explained what our most revered Steward (bless his holy uvula) did to warrent being demodulated by mods ... it's always the ones who talk too much that get taken in the night.

This de-leeting thing makes for a very sad teddy. Besides it screws up searches something chronic.

How are we on laddo email addresses? Whenever I googley lad addies I almost always find them mentioned on 419 sites so it would hardly seem worthwhile to bother I would imagine.

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)

Last edited by dogsbum on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

The more you know...

Guilty as charged at some points. Ordinarily, I just change one letter if the name is very specific or unique. This can be easily determined by using google itself to tally possible hits prior to posting. It's called impact assesment.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
. It tends to make me nuts when I see 51/\/\b@ 5@f@r1.

I heartily agree. What in the hell is that anyway? This is 419eater not the Da Vinci code. I swear, sometimes I think I need a mummy to translate for me Laughing

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@G.O. Bluth: What do you call them?

@err-one else: I figure there are plenty of lads in the sea and the ones who google their own names are probably not going to tattoo "Douchenozzle" on their foreheads or something. However, if a potential victim were to google a lads pseudonym, I think they'd appreciate finding it in an antiscam forum.

Tag that suckas!

Closed lad accounts x 67

Reap / Sow
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keeping with the spirit of this discussion, I just de-leeted all of the lad names in my siggy line. Wink

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
I've often wondered when the paranoia of googling lads would turn into paranoia of leet googling lads.

If you spread rumours that all the lads google for leeted versions of names, then maybe people will get paranoid about that and start writing things normally.
Problem solved Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Are you suggesting the mods bait the users? Ooh it's all twisty Smile

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

G P S E-Track automagically leet's itself to GP5 3-Tr4ck

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
[public service announcement]

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. Even though I'm one of the younger members here, all the leeting drives me nuts. I'm glad I'm not alone Very Happy

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was doing some research on paranoia and paranoid and Google lead me right here. Is that a coincidence or are people really talking behind my back?

Seriously, I am in the same camp as Ima. I don't even try to de-leet posts to understand them, I just skip to one that is readable.

Now back to my research... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic