SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How should be filtering spam mail ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Racevel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably it won’t stop. Once a fraudster has your e-mail address, the information will be shared with other fraudsters. You will keep receiving this type of mail. At the same time your mail remains published on the Internet it is available to more and more. Read about <a href="http://www.nigerianspam.com" title="nigerian spam">nigerian spam </a>infromations.
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the headsup, racevel.
Welcome to the forum, do sign up for a mentor and bait safe!

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Decoy addresses are the only way to really avoid spam.
Use disposable E-mail addresses when you're signing up to sites.
<rant>
Pretty much everywhere has a "Sign Up" box these days. What the heck happened to the days when you could just wander the net freely without having to sign up just to look at a site?!
</rant>
Only give your real E-mail address to friends you trust not to spread it around, and are savvy enough to avoid picking up any malware that'll sift your address off their contact list.

If anyone out there is working on ways to really mess with the spammers, I'm interested in volunteering to test them out Wink
Anyone ever finds out a way to clean spam off the net will be my personal hero, lol.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ bugmenot is a good way to avoid the hassle of signing up for sites.
someone sets up a login, then stores it on the bugmenot site so that others can use it.
you install a firefox addon to use the stored passwords.
obviously there are no bugmenot accounts for pay sites, but i find it works >50% of the time for others

Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Racevel.
You ever been here before? Where you from?
You don't know what happened to steward do you?

I'm only asking.... Rolling Eyes

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I'm really worried about Steward. Normally there is no shutting him up but our mods are so ... I think they are using him as an example for us all. (shudder)

SPAM filters? Lots make lofty claims but few work as advertised. I've used Mail Washer Pro from Firetrust (www.firetrust.com) for many years and found it is probably one of the very best (if not the best). It's low cost annual subscription buys you access to a great spam identification / killing service from FirstAlert!

It learns over time and deletes emails from your server which is an extra protection. Relatively few false positives.

For extra protection I also use their sister product called Benign (B9). This adjust incoming emails and strips away almost all harmful code, web bugs etc.

They are really simple to use - always a plus. Very Happy

But SPAM reduction requires a change in behaviour. Use something like Yahoo to fill out web forms and then only use that yahoo account to get whatever you need. Never ever give your private / home email address to any site no matter how big they appear. Lots of sites get broken into on a regular basis. Site admins are not always skilled or bothered with site security and many leave backdoors for nasty people to exploit. Some have no real security at all - often leaving default admin accounts / PW in play! Never ever sign guest books ... bots troll the web and harvest email addresses every second of the day.

Finally ... get a very good AV system like Norton Internet Security and then get a very good hardware protector. Set different passwords on both and change any default ones. Hide behind a good electronic fence.

HTH ... written few passing readers mostly

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For the more dodgy sites, you can post the website link with a bank account to law enforcement. See my latest post in the completed baits section on the driver licence bait. Getting their bank accounts to Law Enforcement with the scam often gets them either closed down or monitored for money laundering. Often the owner of a bank accont that is frozen can be convinced to make an appointment with bank management. Rarely does this result in a bust. Most often the lads walk away glad to avoid the possiblility of a nice shiny pair of wrist bracelets. It hurts them badly when their accounts are closed. Go for them and submit it to the mysterious A***. here or one of the other bank killers that know how to pass the details to LE. Claim a piggy for your trouble.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic