SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First timer here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sterling
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a response to an advertisement for a truck I am trying to sell. Something about the way the response was worded and the things they were asking threw up a red flag. He claims that he wants to send me a check for almost $10,000 more than the asking price and wants me to give the extra money back to him. The emails are full of grammatical errors and I think its a scam. Id like to try and bait him. Any suggestions?
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419eater Sterling

And I would like to congratulate you on spotting this type of scam. It is a common scam used on craigslist/ebay/etc. The scammer will give you a check for an amount more than the asking price, and will usually refer to whatever you are selling as 'the item'.

Since you have been responding to him with your real info, simply stop responding to him, he will go away. If you want to mess with him, setup a different email account (gmail preferably), and have fun. Also sign up for a mentor.

Also check out scamwarners.com.
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sterling glad you are here

Welcome to 419eater and have a look around

Visit Eater University here
This
will help also.
Read the stickies, Bait Safe and most of all Have Fun !!

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the facility, Sterling! Wink

Be fun and have safe. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Sterling
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I know I would like to mess with the guy a bit. I will create a fake email address for sure. What can I do to have some fun with this? Also, what is a mentor?
dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Sterling ... welcome in the name of the most holy Order of Stewardians!

Make yourself at home but please keep your feet off the chairs. SlightlyOutOfIt gets a bit narky ... it's his age. Sad really.

As for the scam ... well spotted! That is really great work by you and congratulations for picking it up. It's getting to the stage where I wonder if anyone I do business with over the internet is real or a lame scammer.

There are variations of the scam - this video is about a guy who was 'employed' by a scammer to bank fake cheques and lost out big time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5u6CmgbsI

Cyber warriors? eeewwwwww ... it burns us!! Rolling Eyes

By all means bait safe, go to baiter university, bait ethically and get a mentor ... lots of tips and techniques are available. Mentors help keep us newbies from breeding and generally getting under out of control. Mine is brilliant, very knowledgeable and always helpful. Best thing I could ever have done. (Will you stop with the beating Branwen? I did what you asked.)

And don't get any crazy ideas about hitting on Corona or Kate or Nurse Nancy. They are spoken for, much loved and deadly. Embarassed

Have you had any sightings of our Steward (bless his holy wang)? We miss him.

EDIT: you might like to know that we do get them eventually( NSFW - not suitable for work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFoEwV1H8-Y&NR=1

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)

Last edited by dogsbum on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to Eater. Very Happy Good job on recognizing the overpayment scam. If you want to learn more about how the scam works, there is an informational topic on our sister site, ScamWarners.com, here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3238

If you want to bait that same scammer, cut all ties with your real info you're using now. Also be aware that if he has your mailing address, you may receive a fraudulent check even though you don't continue writing to him. Create a new, completely fake email account and just email him saying: I got your email about my item on Craiglist . . . blah blah blah. You can even make up a new fake item, he may not notice.
If he doesn't bite, don't worry, there are (unfortunately) tons of other scammers you can bait. If you want to try out check scammers, like this one, you can just pretend to be a victim for a while and see where it goes. Give him a completely fake mailing address and let him mail his checks into oblivion or make a donation to Eater and get access to a premium member safe drop box to receive the checks.
For more tips on getting started baiting look at the sticky topics in the scambaiting help forum or the threads in the Eater University forum. There's one there on baiting check scammers.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater Stirling - bait safe and have fun.

@ NN's whore

Wooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo

Fame!!!

I try to hide my deadlier side.

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic