SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mass ASEM Auto-baiting script: Forms/pics now on Pg 2

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT: This post was just an update shortly after I began. For the FINAL RESULTS, see the post below it.

Update: I've been religiously sending an email every weekday since my last post, and by now I have sent the first four emails to all three batches of scammers. In the four days since I started sending my K7 phone number out, I have received just over 100 voicemail calls. Of course, they are mostly just those annoying little calls where the lad just waits five seconds without speaking and then hangs up, but I still thought it was a pretty impressive number. Maybe I should make the "answering machine" message longer...

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)

Last edited by Mega Bandit on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The first round of Mega Bandit’s Auto-Baiting Script v2.5 is complete! To review, since December 31st, 2009, when I started sending out the script, I've sent a message to about 450 lads nearly every weekday--with three separate "batches" adding up to about 1,350 lads in total. Of these, about 1,000 emails seem to get through (although there may well be more undeliverable mail than Gmail tells me).
In total, I'd say 70-150 lads were on the hook for most of the time. Their trust in me has fluctuated (they were particularly hooked during the dolla chop phase!), and the number of lads who responded to me dwindled to somewhere around 50 by the end. I have now reached the end of the script, leaving a number of lads asking where I am and why I haven't paid them yet. They will not hear from Anth0ny M1l3s again, as he died in a carwreck on his way to Western Onion. A friend of Anth0ny will inform some particularly gullible lads of his untimely death, and then bait them manually (asking the lads to explain everything from the beginning, of course!). Anth0ny, meanwhile, will soon rise from the grave to bait many more scammers.

The results are in now, and I feel great about them. In this post, I will go over the raw statistics of lads' responses to the baiting script, with some commentary. In the next day or two, I'll post the entire script in its final form, quoting some lads' responses to each part of it and providing more commentary on their reactions.

-----The numbers-----

Number of email reply threads: Over 2,900
That's just the threads in the inbox. It doesn't count what ended up in the spam folder, which was considerable (not including a mailbombing) and probably boosts it to over 3,000. It also doesn't account for how quite a lot of the replies were within the threads, so the total number of messages sent by scammers is greater still. Very Happy However, it's also worth noting that some of the lads would often send the same message multiple times.
I would say at least half of these messages were personal responses, rather than scripted replies. I, on the other hand, sent about 95% scripted replies and only sent a few personal responses. Smile Occasionally I'd see one of my lads on Gmail chat and get him over to S3cure Sh1eld, quickly searching for his format in my archive and pretending that I'd actually been reading his emails all along.

Number of voicemails received: 636
Naturally, I don't have the time to count all these individually, but I'm guessing only around 5% to 15% of these were real messages; the rest were just half-second clips of lads breathing and then hanging up. I wonder how much money they wasted collectively! Twisted Evil

Number of bank accounts reported: 6
Every piggy I have came from lads hooked on my script, some of whom were annoyed with my failures to use Western Onion or who didn't want to fill out the forms. And there's more where that came from--I haven't yet reported all the bank accounts I've gotten (shameful, I know), so sometime soon I'll search terms like "bank account" in my email archive and report all remaining ones to Alan.

Number of forms filled out completely: 7
At one point, I sent two of the three "batches" the first 3 pages of NN's Homeland Security forms. Many lads refused, but some filled them out in part or in whole, some on the computer (lazy!) and some by hand. I was playing it safe only sending the first 3 pages; if I'd known I'd get any real results, I'd have sent them all! I may do that for my next script...Wink
One lad filled the forms twice; once by computer, and again by hand after I slapped him. Razz Another lad copied the questions to a word document and wrote his answers there.

Number of forms filled out partially: 3
Two lads just skipped a good portion of the questions or only did one page and ignored the others. How unprofessional! In addition, one lad was so lazy, he gave me a partial list of answers in his email and ordered me to fill them in! When asked the name of his own terrorist organization, he said "neo black movement of the world." His answer was meant to be hypothetical, right? Confused

Number of angry responses to the dolla-chopper: 30-50
Unfortunately, my dolla-chopper account seems to have gotten perma-banned from Gmail, so I couldn't count the emails. I remember that it got quite a few messages from scammers who were downright infuriated that they had been "cheated" out of their maga's money. A few of them were begging for a cut of the loot, and a couple of them called me out as a joker.

Number of fake trophy pictures: 5
At one point, I asked for a picture of them holding a sign, and while most simply refused or ignored my request, some tried to fool me with fake pictures. They ranged from decent to hilariously inexplicable (and you'll see them in my next post).

Number of real trophy pictures: ZERO
Although I enjoyed the fakes, I would ultimately consider the "take-a-picture" modality phase of the script to be a disaster. I did not get a single lad to take a real picture. I probably won't ask for one in my next script, as it just makes them lose trust and doesn't get results.

I'm out of time for tonight, but pretty soon I'll post each message of the script I used and some various scammers' responses to each part. I'll also post the fake trophy pictures and some forms I got filled out.

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mega- bandit, That was incredible. The sheer volume. bow_down bow_down

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Bankster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That looks... promising. Looking forward to more info!

Elite Ninja Team Member Easter Egg 2012 Goat Golden Goat Purple Flower Penguin
(United States United Kingdom Benin China Nigeria) x10 __ x?
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I´m book-marking this thread.
Three days ago I started up Casual Ocurrance´s ASEM modality and plan on tinkering on it inspired by your fantastic work

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, impressive! O.o

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done - big controlled tests like these provide us with some useful facts and figures which we can use next time we get a 'why can't I get a trophy on my first bait' posts, etc. Please do, if you feel up to it, carry on with some nice big-number stuff like this - it is very helpful as well as enjoyable!!

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sincerely apologize for the delay. You see, some very outlandish and surprising things happened, preventing me from making my next post at the agreed-upon time. I got into a car wreck on the way to Western Onion, and--
Actually, I just wasted too much time and found I was out of time to make this post...three days in a row. Sad Well, I've got time to spare tonight, so let's go over the results of the script, one message at a time. Note that my scripted messages are rather long and poorly written (intentionally), so you could just glance over them and read the responses.

Scripted Message #1: Greetings
Quote:
I am very interested in your offer, my friend. It sounds incredible. I would like to talk about it. Please tell me more. I really hope you respond soon.

Lads' Responses
Quote:
Thanks for your prompt response to my proposal, having indicated your interest to assist in the transaction

That pretty much sums up all the responses to my first message. I think they were all replies from the lads' own scripts.

Scripted Message #2: Asking for proof
Quote:
I thank you for your pashience and I really must be thank you for this operteunity. I have a descent amount of moneys, but I am now doing a low paying job and could use more money. My finance will not last forever and if i lose my job it will be hard to get another one, with my verily little educaition.
This sounds like an amazing deal, and I will verily much want to do this. However, could you please give me some sort of proof that this is real?
Of coarse, I trust you. Donut get the rong idea. You are obviously a good nice person, to offer me a great deal something like this. But this is email so I will just like some more information and pictures (idenity and certify) if it is any possible, then I will be positively sure this is completely real. After that I will porvide all informations you want of me. Thank you again, my fiend.

Lads' Responses
Again, most replies were scripted.
Quote:
Dear beloved one, Thanks for your mail and your concern. I hope my first e-mail did not embarrass you?

Oh, how embarrassing to get an email from a stranger. Rolling Eyes Some of them tried to reassure me, or offered their fake passports and certificates.
Quote:
you have nothing to worry about,i am legitimate in all my busness transaction.this is a little you can hear or no about me.

Quote:
I CANT REALLY DO ANY THING WITH[OUT] YOU FILLING YOUR WINNING FORM

This was from a lottery lad. I wrote the script primarily for your standard "Big-box-of-money" scammers (what's the technical term?) but this lotto lad stayed on the hook to the end, apparently forgetting the form eventually.

Scripted Message #3: My life story
Quote:
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your messaging. This is all very interesting, perhaps even a life saver for me! As I said, I have a goud amount of money now but will certainly will need moar money soon! This really does sound incredible, and I must be thank you verily much for considering making this arrangement with me! And I trust you complete now.
I am a Canada immigrant to the United USA of America. My Engrish is not verily good yet, but I get around all right. In Canada we barely have money to live. But in USA we have quite a bit for now, with the better paying job. However, I did not no that USA economy was so bad. We will need moar moneys soon, which is why I care so much about your offer! I certainly could not ever travel anywhere for a trip far out of the city! I no you porbably donut care much about the detailes of my life, but I just thought I would share so you no how interested I am in what you say. I also attached a picture of myself.
I just want to know the little more about you. Cans you to give me some moar back ground informations for this deal? Let me say that I absolutely trust you now but I will just like more informations. Do not trouble yourself to explain everything moar than you have, just please to tell me enough to give me an idea of your deal. I liek to know as much as I can about the people I deal with. However I can not make phone call to other country. I do not have a phonecall plan that lets me do that, there is no internacshional coverage because such plan wold be to expencive. I don’t mean to be unpolite, or anything, and I waits your future emails. Thanks very muchly.
Also, I would not liek to fill out any long forms or questions, thanks. But I will do that if I have to. Have good day, my friend.

Lads' Responses
At this point, a number of lads were asking for information from me.
Quote:
you are required to enclose all the informations as required below to enable us to ascertain the status of claim.

Another lad was asking me to fill out a form. Other lads asked for my phone number. This one lad was losing trust because of my lack of personal responses:
Quote:
YOUR MAIL IS VERY CONTRADICTING

Scripted Message #4: My information(s)
Quote:
I am the very sorry for not replying to all the things you aksed for! It was maybe unpolite of me, palese forgive me. Here is my Identity Card atached (Actually a .dll file), which I thunk you may have done wanted. I don’t have a passport so I hope Identity Card is enouf. My informations is as follows, if that is what you maybe also wanted…
Name: Anth0ny L3e M1les
Sex: Male
Race: Canadian American
Next of Kin: No next of kin
Country of Origin: Canada
Home Address: 34XX E. 64th Ave.
Postal Code: 367XX
Phone: 206-337-XXXX
Fax: No fax machene.
Cell phone: No cell phone.
City: Bedrock, Washington, USA
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth: 11/2/1978
Bank: The First National B4nk of B3drock
Bank address: 253XX W. 51st Str3et
Bank account number: SA80 8000 0375 6080 1019 0160
If you be interestd, my name is Anthony becase my mother named me after her American ex-husband, who had that name. Sorry if that be more informations than you wanted.
Please inform me of any other informations you need. Also, jusit to let you now, I would not liek to deall with other people. I trust you and I hope you do not demand that I contact the other peopple by emails, just keep this exclewsive between the two of us. I know you better by now after these days of talking. Thansk you verily muchly.

Lads' Responses
I got a number of responses complaining about how they couldn't see my ID card. Others complained that they always got the answering machine when they called me.
Quote:
the identity card you sent is not acceptable because no body is been able to acces it

Some lads insisted that I contact their barristers and whatever. Most of them probably ended up dropping me. Others, however, stayed on the hook. By this point, many responses of theirs were written personally.

Scripted Message #5: What do I do now?
Quote:
It have been verily goud to deal with you, you are obviously very proffesonal. Just to know, If you couod not open my idenity card attachment i think you must not have the computer operating system, Windows 7. You need to get it to open the picture file. That is how it be saved on my computor.
Also, Please tell me this more clearly now. What exactly must I do to continue this deal? Please undrestand, I cans not call anyone, I do not have service to make phone calls internationally. I cans only receive them. Please undrestand that. If you can not call me for some reason (or if you calls me, but if I was not at home, or if I was being asleep), we will just have to talk by email. And again, I get confuzed easy. I will rather not contact otter people by email than you, becase I am trust you with how long we have talked to eachother. Please just tell me in detail what to do next to cotinue the deal, and be pashient with me. I swear, I will not disappoynt you. Thank you for being so kind and pashient.

Lads' Responses
Some lads continued asking for my ID card.
Quote:
THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL, YOU SHOULD SCAN YOUR ID'S ON "JPEG" APPLICATION AND SEND TO ME.

And others asked me to contact other characters.
Quote:
Have been able to get in contact with the bank's Clearance house. update as soon as possible.

A surprising few explained about Western Onion, much to Anth0ny's dismay.

Scripted Message #6: How do I send the money?
Quote:
How do I send the money? Please explane in grate detail. I m sorry, I still did not fully understand your earlier emails. I have never sent money internationally over sea before. How should I do it?
Please be pashient with me. Donut be mad, jsut explain the money sending a bit moar. I thank you muchly.
Oh, and I am apolugize for any confuson that was caused by my earlyer messaging. English is not my furst langauge, as I had said.

Lads' Responses
I stopped getting so many requests to do this and that, and I received a lot money transfer information. I particularly liked this articulate response:
Quote:
ok go to western union money transfer or money gram and send te money ok

One lad was getting annoyed with my scripted responses:
Quote:
I do not really know what exactly you would want me to put you through because i have bearly get any coperative letters from you

Another lad gave me a long sob story (partly scripted and partly personal) about the poor conditions in her area, before giving me pictures of a moderately wealthy-looking supermodel she claimed to be. Some lads, however, who had not *yet* asked for money, were getting suspicious.
Quote:
I think you are confusing me with another person.I never asked you to send money ok.

Scripted Message #7: I still don't understand
Quote:
I am sorry but I still do not be undirstand this Western Union thing or whatever it was you mentioned. For one thing, I want to no, Why can’t we use a bank transfer? And Where do I go to send money with this Western Union?
Please donut be impashient. I kno you must thenk now I might not be a goud perrson to do busness with. That isn’t the true. You must see it now, I admit am not a very experienced man, when it comes to dealing with money matters, but I am a verily smart perrson. That is truth. I promise you, that I can help you, but please explain these things to me. I can figur it out if you give me a bit moar informations about it. I has the money to send, just need more informations on how to send it. We will finish this dael quick, I now.

Lads' Responses
I got more instructions from irritated lads explaining Western Union. A few of them offered to do bank transfers instead.
Quote:
You need to make payment through western union or money gram transfer, kindly go to any location of post office were you pay bills and make payment with the name of the officer below...

I have only sent email to the addresses I got from 419baiter, so some lads didn't like the fact that I was never sending emails to their other addresses.
Quote:
i dont kno why you always send email to my orther email box, i hardly check it.

In addition, one savvy lad figured out his email was in the BCC, rather than the "to:" field.
Quote:
I don't know how many people you are sending this mail to. Because my mail is on Bcc (WHY)

One J0hn Kw4me, who has clearly been baited before, sent me this:
Quote:
ya u gonna send the western onion to your mother ex-husband he needs it more than you and your mother ok. be a guod boy or you can ask him to give your bank account to pay it to him. KWASIAA

Scripted Message #8: I got sick
Quote:
Let me just say this: Thanxk you so much for yor pashience, and I apolugize for my eralier confusiment. I think I understand the proper money sending process now. Yuo have explanned it somewhat well and i am sure i have figured it out. But I am still sorry for strain yor pashience just a tiny bit moar.
The true is, I was verily suddenly sick yesterday and couldn't send the money yet. It is embarresing and i feel liek I have let you down. I feel a bit better today, but it will b a couple moar days (less than 3) before I cans go send the money. I am still sick, and I hope you are not the angry wit me. The Lord God shines fortune on me for this hole busness oprotunity. I know this will work out.

Lads' Responses
The lads were mostly sympathetic to my inability to send the money.
Quote:
how are you doing today i hope that you are geting better with you?

Quote:
Good morning and may the good lord guide and protect you as we are at the verge of concluding this transaction in no distance time

Some of them ignored my plight entirely and just re-iterated the urgency of the payment.
Quote:
You are wasting time, do it fast and confirm to me that you have transfer the money.

Quote:
Your email is well understood and, the content is taken notice, I believe in you, and I believe you are capable to handle this type of transaction, all I need is your honest and sincere for trusting in you, do not disappoint me...[blah, blah, blah]

And of course, some lost faith in me.
Quote:
I am beginning to suspect that you are taking me for a fool or joke

Scripted Message #9: We need to fill some forms
Quote:
It is me agian. My friend, I am sorry for the delay; it have been far to long since I contact you, and me being sick was no excuse. But you will be of happy to know I feel a much good better now. Today I finally went to place to send the money, and i have some unnoying news—really madding news, akshully. Here is waht happened: I goed there in person, and they said I needed to give them the moneys in cash, paper dollars. I wet to their ATM machine and got the cash (quite a bit, I say) and gave it to them (after waiting in a LONG line!).
Then they gave me this big stack o forms for me to fill out, and a nother big stack o forms for the receiver (that is you) to fill out. Well I am now filling out my damn forms, and I have attached the forms for you to fill out. It is some kind of stupid security measure. It is reqired to makes ssure that the money is not used to fund terroristm. It is just a greedy way to make sure that they cannot be sued, with these Homeland Secority forms.
Let me clarify. peple who worked there at the office said that in my city of Bedrock, it is the law that for international overseas money transfers to certain countries, such as your country, we have to go throuh certan security proseses. You see, your country was recently put on their terror watch list or some such nonsense because of recent terrorist stuff happening out of there.
You can understand I was mad and angry about this. I had alreddy gived them my money. It is waitng in their system naw, but they will not send it without the forms, you understand. They will NOT give me an MTCN at this time and it would not help if thy did. Boy I am mad. They will not send it without our fucking forms. I told the workers it was a waste of time and was not necessary, but they insisted that it was the law and they couldn’t let me break it.
The idaea is that it is to stop fraud. I do not see how this forms will stop fraud, but they are required anyways. The government is having talks are considering changing the law within a month, because nobody else lieks it either. However, they are not doing it yet. For now, we need to follow this law. I am sorry for your inconvenence. I no you will be porfessonal and fill them out the forms.
I have attached the forms. I scanned them to my computer. You will need to fill them out. I know it’s a pain, and I apolugize for that. Just send the form back to me, and I will give your forms and my forms to the money sending service people, and then they will let me send the money to you. They will not let the transaction continue, or give an MTCN number, until they have BOTH of our forms. Meanwhile I shall be filling out mine own forms. I do not liek this rule but that is how it is. Thanks.

Lads' Responses
The lads were not happy about this, and some were quite to-the-point about it.
Quote:
You be stupid idiot

Quote:
GOD GO PUNISH YOU MUMU

Quote:
Dont you ever send me this nonsese again. You IDIOT.

Some refused to believe it was necessary.
Quote:
My friend stop that shit send the money and send mtcn

Quote:
Hello i spoke to the Attorney General of the federal republic and i showed him your forms and he said that such things do not exist so i urge you to inform the so called western unin

Others were more cooperative. Smile
Quote:
We have 3 pages of documents here, which one am I suppose to fill and return to you. (All of them, dumbass!)

Quote:
I am glady responding to you this moment ,i have tried all possibilities of filling out the form , so here is it go ahead and send it to the people in-charge of it and as well get to the MTCN code

Quote:
i want you to know that i am filling the form and
i want you to wait till i send you my form before you will fill yours
so that you will see exactly what i filled in my form and know what
you are going to fill in your own form.

Scripted Message #10: A dolla-chop is coming...
Quote:
Okay, never mind about the security porcess anymoar. It turns out we don’t need it now. Let me explain: They changed the rules after all! The government has finally got rid of the law that says you must fill it out. What goud luck, and the goud time to do it! Not that it effects you anymoar.
I mean, I got your partner’s email. After getting a email from yuor partner Mr. R0bert S1ssom, I withdrew the money from our tansaction and will soon tranfser the tansaction to him. You business people are well organizzed, and Mr. S1ssom has kept goud track of this tansaction and knows all about it. I am impressed.
So I will be sending Mr. S1ssom the money today.

Lads' Responses
Naturally, the lads panicked at this point! I received a bunch of URGENT emails telling me not to send money to anyone.
Quote:
You make me mad of you, because you supose to send the money to Malaysia not Nigeria and you have delaying this transaction for very long time now.

Quote:
understand me pls i dont have any one like that is one of the bad boy here partner Mr Robert Sisso NO NO NO,be for GOD and man i dont knows him if you send the money to him dont tell anything again sure, am assurraing you that man will eat your money

Quote:
Did you receive my last two mails warning you not to send any money or respond to MR. R0BERT S1SSOM whom you mentioned in you mail to me. ROBERT S1SSOM IS NOT MY PARTNER AND I DO NOT KNOW HIM, HE IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS TRANSACTION.

Scripted Message #11: The dolla-chop
Quote:
Sorry, my Internet was down the last couple days so I could not check email. Howaver, like I said, a couple days ago before my Internet went down, the man who said he was your partner Mr. Robert S1ssom gave me the new Money Gram trasfer informations. Mr. S1ssom had also sendt me a message a few day earlier as well inferming me who he was.
I sended him the money the day after his 2nd email. This included addiotnal fees which surprised me, but I managered to get together the money I needed, because I was sure it was worth all it as he promised. But now I am not sure what this business is all about since I am surprised now and abit worryed.
So here is his most recent email to me (in italic), and I hoep you can sort this out. I sentd Mr. Robert S1ssom the money just short after I got that email from him. I also attachered the Money Gram receitp, in case you wanted it. I also sent the receitp and refernce money number to Mr. S1ssom earlier today. I waits your respond and as I sentd several thousands of my hard earnd dollars, I just realy hope I did not send it to the wrong man. Palease tell me it will all be fine.
------------
Date: Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Subject: The deal is a bit changed, ok.
To: [email protected]

Top of the day to you. It is me again, my friend Anth0ny. I am here to say that the deal has been changed, ok.. The recipient name is now me, R0bert S1ssom, and I am in Lagos. This change is because the previous contact is unfortunately bedridden and can not pick up the fee. Below is the new information for payment. I know it is the last minute, but do send the money as soon as possible, thank you. Here are the new informations, ok.
Name: R0bert S1ssom
State: Lagos
Amount: $9500
I apologize if this is more than the amount you expected to pay, however it will cover ALL additional fees that would we already would have needed you to pay eventually. It is better to pay it all at once. I promise, there will be NO more fees after this payment. If anyone asks you to pay more other fees, they are an imposter I promise you. You have my word as an honest business man, it will all be worth it after you receive the fund. When you have sent the fee, I will need the money transfer number, ok. We will prefer if you use MoneyGram service—NOT Western Union.
Have a good day, and send the money as soon as possible. You really should do it first thing when you see this email, do not wait even to read your other emails. We need to finish this transaction SOON, or it will no longer be possible. Time is running out and your fund will be not claimable anymore soon if you do not get it. God bless you, ok.

Lads' Responses
The lads were FURIOUS at me for sending the money to the wrong person--even though I'M the one who got robbed!
Quote:
You must be crazy and stupid,After i sent you several email of where the payment is to be sent to,You now mentionn to me that you sent the fees to the wrong place

Quote:
YES YOU SEND YOUR MONEY TO THE WRONG MAN THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID

Quote:
For your information R0bert S1ssom is now laughing at you and me that he has succeded in collecting the money we supposed to used for this changing of ownership in your Name.

A number of lads informed me that I should have known it was wrong because they were not in Nigeria, and a bunch of them told me to go back to WU and retrieve the money.
Quote:
If you have send any money to anybody in Nigeria please go back a nd conllect you money back

Scripted Message from the dolla-chopper
Quote:
Your maga, Anth0ny M1les, actually sent me his money! Over $9000 dollars!!!!! Ha ha ha! You fucking stupid mugu! Do you understand what happened today??? I will tell you about it, ok. You worked with the maga for WEEKS, and you thought he was FINALLY going to drop money for you. What you did not know was that I was reading your emails the whole time, waiting for my chance!
Then I come in, ok, and I pretend to be your ‘business partner’. Then Anth0ny M1les goes out later and sends ME the money, and not to YOU! How does that make you feel? Please tell me, mugu, I be curious. I am a real guyman, I chop what failure guyman like you try to chop and fail.
My English is good, and my business skills are good. Anthony Miles thought I was your professional partner. That made me laugh for a long time. I chop your maga’s dollar, Anth0ny M1les drop a LOT of money my way, hahaha! He sent me Money Gram receipt and sent the transfer’s ref number too, and I got back from Money Gram a while ago after I got my OVER $9000! That is money I got from your stupid American maga. Go look at the receipt that he scanned to me.
I win this game, ok. I got a lot of money and you should go home to mama, small boi. Do you seriously think Anth0ny M1les will send you money NOW? After he drop so much money for me?? I told him there were no more fees. You will have NOTHING now! You have wasted all that time! Ha ha ha. I laugh at your failure and I shit in your mother’s mouth, foooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

Lads' Responses
Sadly, R0bert S1ssom was ultimately banned from his Gmail account, but his account received quite a few hilarious emails from lads he'd ripped off. I could easily imagine steam shooting out their ears, their heads about to explode, as they wrote some of their messages. One of the more memorable ones said something like this (I'm paraphrasing from memory):
Quote:
GOD GAVE ME THIS MAGA AND YOU WANT TO STAND IN THE WAY OF MY BLESSING!

Most of them were enraged, some of them were begging for a handout, and at least two called me out as a joker, saying they could tell I was Anth0ny M1les himself.
A few lads forwarded Mr. S1ssom's emails to Anth0ny, telling me I should know about the email they got. Pretty stupid, as it showed they were a scammer and everything. One of them, however, hilariously forwarded an *edited* version of the chopper's email, removing all references to his scam.

I did things a little differently with the different batches of lads, asking only the first two batches to fill in forms but not the third one. After the dolla-chop saga, I sent the same emails to all the lads again.

Scripted Message #12: I'm so sorry!
Quote:
Can we stil do the deal? I do not now what to say. I sended the money to the wrong person…how how HOW did Robert S1ssom find out about our deal???? Palease do not be mad, I am the one who have lost money, here! Robert Siss0m looked all offical and he sayd he was your partner and I just assumd it was tru! He sayd the payment details was change at the last minute and how was I to know S1ssom was some kind of scammer? I did not see a warning email from you maybe because I did not look close enough, and I am so sorry!!! Look I’m sorry i did not follow your instruction but NEVER in a million year did I think some imposter coud do somethin like this. I am so ashammed of my mistake, I cryed for hours when I figurd it out!! It is too late for me to revocer my money, that scammer Robert S1ssom alredy has receiverd it. I have lost thousands of dollars!!! I had no idea in my mind it was a scammer, he acted like your partner, what can I say I am so sorry.
It was a good tiem to send the money when I saw Robert S1ssom email, you see, and I just did not even look at my other emails and went and sent the money so I did not see your warning. I be so sorry and feel so stupid.
Palease call me to discuss this, beacause I feel like I must talk in person:
206-337-XXXX
Thank you for all your effort but I am so sad and angry that I have been fooled. I think I can still manage to get together the money I need to pay for this deal, but I do not have much left. I will try and still make the payment as soon as able within a couple days.

Lads' Responses
Sending my phone number again paid off; I got more than 120 calls in the next few days. Some lads were still willing to deal with me after my mistake.
Quote:
It is true that you have made the mistake and i want you to know that it is gone because you never asked me before you made that mistake, After wasting my time fill the big form you gave now you ignored it and sent it to someone else i think he is an internet guru, who hark into some peoples profile and read there messages

Quote:
I felt deeply touched and concerned after going through your last mail, knowing what you ave suffered in hathese impostors and scammers

Quote:
I will give you a chance and i do hope that this time around you will be responsible towards issues as we deal with them. All the same forget about the issues you had with the man who scammed you i do not know him.

Quote:
THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL AND WE CAN STILL DO THE BUSINESS IF ONLY YOU WILL BE SINCERE TO YOURSELF AND THIS TRANSACTION

Other lads were not so forgiving.
Quote:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PLEASE STOP SENDING MAILS TO THIS ADDRESS IDIORT BASTARD YOU

Several lads told me to change my email password. A few of them created new accounts of their own and told me to contact them only by those new accounts (I didn't). A few lads kept demanding that I send them a transcript of all emails I exchanged with Mr. S1ssom. I never did, and at least one of them dropped me for it. It's worth noting that most of the lads who stayed on the hook past the dolla-chop phase seemed to be asking for larger sums of money than the ones who twigged--they were mostly asking for more than $1,000 at this point, with an inordinate number of requests for several thousand dollars. I don't have time to look at them all individually, but I wonder if some of them increased their fees in the hope I wouldn't notice after I fell for the dolla-chopper's trick. Also, a few lads gave me "code phrases" to use in my emails for secure communication. Needless to say, I never used them, to their annoyance.

Scripted Message #13: Leave me alone
Quote:
I has been thinking about this whole deal and You now what? I see now that this is juts NOT a deal wich I will want to spent any moar tiem doing work in. I can not afferd to risk being swindled and scammed by such a hoodlum again. Inter nation money transfer just is not safe enough, it seem. That S1ssom, I cans not believe it. Do you realize I sendt him R0bert Siss0m thousands of dollars??? I will not be bother finding all the emails I have got before. Let me say: You are a goud writer and I think of you as a friend. It’s been goud dealing wit you and you have beeen verri pashient wit me. I rally appreshiate it and you are a good person to me.
However, I find it rediculous that I shold have to go throuh such traubles for this. I am a fairly wealthy man and to be honest, I don’t really need you. The money you are offering is not worth much, either.
Understand this!! Because inflaction in the United USA of America, the dollar is not worth as much as it used to! May be you are un-educated in America’s economy: it is NOT doing goud now! $1,000,000 will bye you a small house, understand. It is not that much anymoar. My friend Tom Neyman is struggling now because of this economy. If you have offered $100,000,000,000,000 (one hundred trillion dollars) then I would think your offer was very great! True is, I was being polite in saying how goud it sounded, it is NOT something I need THAT much. I don’t think anybody else would go throuh such traubles for such a amaunt of moneys that you offer!!
You now what? I will not even ask for my money back, and I do not care if I sent the money to the worng person in R0bert S1ssom. The goud luck to you, my friend. I will never reply to your emails again, and I am not interested in your offer anymore. Leave me alone, I bag you. I just want to get things together again afte this terrible disaser and waist of mine time.

Lads' Responses
I only sent this message to the first two batches, and not to the third. The ones who received it made their displeasure known.
Quote:
Thanks for your mails and times,well now i know how you really feel,well i most tell you that am very sorry for the wrong hands where you sent the money.

Quote:
You sound very unhappy, and i want you to know is that if you think you are not interested in the deal, why haven't you tell us other than letting waste our time and money in going about the deal in the first place.
The police are still with the man so called R0bert S1ssom, and now you are saying you are backing off.

Quote:
my good friend,i am very happy the way you wrote me and poured out your mind,that show me that you are a nice man.i thank God i had an opportunity of knowing such a wonderful person like who.in as much as you don't want to continue with this,i will still fish out Mr Robert and he must be punished for ripping where he did not sore.this is mans inhumanity to man and there is punishment for that.

Of course, some lads twigged at this point.
Quote:
To hell with you and your fucking lying senecrios; fool.Wealthy man that does not have clear identity.whom a you decieving? me or yourself?

I love this next comment. It is a *brilliant* example of effective sarcasm in text.
Quote:
Dear Anth0ny M1les,
GOD bless you and America.

Devastating.
I mentioned the 100 trillion dollars as an attempt at de-educating, with the hope that if a scammer offers that much money, potential victims will stay away. One lad responded with this:
Quote:
Also note that from the record in your payment files, your overdue outstanding balance is US$100,000,000,000,000 million dollars

Is that a world record for most money a scammer's ever offered? Very Happy

Scripted Message #14: Take a picture of yourself
Quote:
Okay, I’m sorry. I am sorry and I apologize for all that I said in earlier email. I must be really very sorry. The true is, I realize that I DO need this deal after all, even though you do NOT offer MUCH money, even this amount will still help me out for a whiel! It’s still some thing I need to get. I really don’t have much money left. I lied about how wealthy I was, and I need whatever money i can get to pay for food. The true is, I do not have much money, and I need you. I was angry when I said those things and I do want to deal with you. This whole thing is ma fault, not your at all, okay, it is mine and I blame myself entirely and I do not blame you at all. I know I have acted a fool.
Please do not abandon me. I will be more polite now. I am sorry for my angry emails. I am just under so much stress. Please, please, just tell me what I need to do, my friend.
I still think this may could be my greatestest hope for a better future. I am wait for your reply.
Oh, and to make sure that you are the real man and not the imposter R0bert S1ssom, I will propose a security mesure: Please to take a picture of yourself holding a sign that has the phrase “MEGA BANDIT PRESENTS” written on it. That is a foremost way to en sure that you are the real man. It is often done to hold signs. I learnd of it from my good friend who lives in New El Paso, Master Tom Neyman.
I know an honest man will do that and an imposter would never—I can not be sure that it was not YOUR account that was hacked, do you see? I think you are real, but somehow Mr. Robert found of our deal and tricked me, and the question is HOW? He may have hack my account email and I have change password now, but IF he hacked your, then I must ask that you prove you are you and not Mr. Robert pretending again, see? If you make the sign—or even just a piece of paper—and take a picture of yourself holding it as a show of good faith, I will belive you completely.
You must understand that I need to be doing it this way just beacause I cans not stand being fooled and I must see you are honest. And I will also hold a sign as a show of good faith. Palease for-give my earlier messaging and let me continu this arreangment with you.
http://yahoonews.mailnew.com/
That links shows you that it is done this way incase you didnst know befoar.

That's the version I sent to "batch 1" of the lads. I sent slightly altered versions to the other two batches, taking out the references to my previous dismissal of the offer for batch 3. I sent messages asking for different security phrases to each group.

Lads' Responses
Most (well, technically all) of the lads outright refused my request, with varying levels of politeness.
Quote:
am sorry we cannot provide the requested details for the now (picture MEGA BANDIT PRESENTS) because of time facture

Quote:
I must be frank with you Mr. Anthony, I am seek and tired of your plinxy excuses each time you write me, You are not worth doing deal with because you dont keep your mouth in a place, you talk too much and this is why you will keep making mistake

Quote:
Well let me tell some thing i am a very busy man i have a lot of customers am attending to and i don't have time to be going out there and be working with the person that doesn't trust nor believe me am very tried of all this problems.

Some lads simply ignored my request.
Quote:
now you should go and send the money now

Scripted Message #15: Please take the picture!
Quote:
My friend, you have ignored my request for some days. I am sorry for taking so long with this but it still hurts me that you have not showed greater sympathy for my shituation. I expected better, to be honest. I have cried a few times. It’s hard for me.
Yuo must undersand that I have lost Thosands of dollars to Mr. Robert. Do you know what that is liek? Let me explan my fear again more clearly since you may not have understanded *exactly* what I meaned in my earlyer email. Mr. Robert finded out about our deal and tricked me by pretending to be yur partner. Now the questoin is HOW did Mr. Robert find out abot our deal when it is supposed to be confidental between us???
I can conclude Mr. Robert hacked MY email account OR he hackd YOUR email account. I have change mah password so he will not hack my account again. BUT what IF he hacked YOUR account? The chance is small but it is there.
IF Mr. Robert hacked your email account then he can send emails pretending to be you. What if he plans to steal this money from me AGAIN? That is something I can not and will not risk.
I cans not trust you completely and part with even moar money until I cans be sure that you are not being impostered by Mr Robert.
Listen to me. I am not a smart man. I know that. I know it well. You do not need to tell me. I am not smart enouff to tell if you are a real man or imposter without proof. Passports and papers will not prove you are real to me, because I know they may have been on your Cumputer already and Mr. Robert may have stolen them. So how am I do know??
Phone numbers will not work because for one they do not go through and for another how am I to know it is not anyway somehow still the imposter, or that he has hacked your phone or something. I now you want me to be safe and not contact the imposter.
The only way I can be sure you are not the imposter is with the picture. Look at my earlier email and see the instructions for the specific phrase I want you to write on a sign and have a friend take picture of you holing it, upload to cumputer and send it to me. Not a different phrase either or it will not be personal.
http://yahoonews.mailnew.com/
It boils down to this:
An honest man will take a picture.
An imposter will not.
That means this picture will PROVE to me your email account has NOT been hacked and you are NOT being impostered by Mr. Robert and I am safe and can send the money without it being stolen. I am a paranoid man. I need proof. I have lost SO much money to that thief and I know that since you are an honest person, the person I have noun for weeks, and you are my friend, you will take the picture and not try to get out of it or trick me. I trust you, and I know that if you mean what you say, you will find a way to get this done. After that I can send the payment within a day or two, and we will get this underway at long last.
It is NOT that I do not trust you. I do trust you. I know the chance of you being impostered is VERY low but it is STILL a chance. Mr Robert may have red your emails carefully to imitate your professional writing style. I do not mean to offend you because I know you are a good professional person. You may not have much time to take this picture, but I assure you I would never ask this if I did not feel I absolutely had to.
It has been many weeks since we first made contact and I do not want to lose this now. I do not want to lose you and I do not want to lose this money. Palease, palease do not leave me now. I will send what ever fees I need, I just absolutely have to make SURE I am sending them to the wright person because I do nut have much moneys left after this!!!!!

Lads' Responses
The lads couldn't very well just ignore my request now, so they BS'd me in other ways, or just lost patience.
Quote:
You are such a fool.Do you want me to fall for such trick.Do you think i'm a dolard or what.You are a bastard get lost.

Quote:
i do not know what to do on this case of getting a picture of mine holding a paper as we are not allowed to go out of the refugee camp

Quote:
i was surprise to read what you sent to me regarding my picture that you want to see me and also i should hold a paper to show that am real , am very surprise to hear this from you despite the long way we have come together and am doing this to help you (he attached a fake picture)

Quote:
SEND ME THAT YOUR MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND IN CANADA PICTURE TO HOLD AND SEND TO YOU. THE MONEY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT I TOLD YOU TO SEND IT TO THE MAN WHICH IS YOUR MOTHER'S BOYFRIEND THAT ENJOYS YOUR MOTHER EVERYTIME HE WISHES. THEN TRY TO BUY A NEW BED SPREAD/SHEET TO HIM AND BUY YOURSELF THIS FILM "COMING TO AMERICA" ACTED BY EDDY MURPHY AND YOU WILL LEARN FROM THERE.
YOU CANT JUMP INTO SWIMMING POOL WITHOUT WATER TOUCHING YOUR HEAD. JUST GO AND WATCH THE FILM TO LEARN FOR YOURSELF. (WTF???)

I got a number of fake pictures after this, but not one single solitary scammer actually took a picture for me. I didn't expect to actually get a real picture, but it still annoyed me. It looks to me like straight-baiting is not a feasible way a picture.

Scripted Message #16: The final message
Quote:
Let us put all this behind us, beacause I still need to be making this deal. Listen, I am be trusting you now. I am be going to try and send the money tomorrow night. After that this will all be over, I trust, and there will be no imposter. I kno that beacause i am using the informations you gave me in yur earlier emails and I will not trust aneyone with a difrent email addres. I’m sorry for aksing you to take picture. It was not a necessary and I was being stupid.
I am also sorry for aney phone massages you sent that I coulds not anser. Tell me how much it costed to make the phone calls if it was not free—I did not mean to cost you and am dearly sorry.
So just lett me kno that this is still fine and I shall send the money tomorrow night, and I rally don’t have much else to say. I trust you again, let me do say, and I hop this deal is finish soon. Have a nice day and God bless you.

Lads' Responses
Some lads were forgiving, and some lads weren't. They were all impatient.
Quote:
Following your mail, like i told you before your not serious,if not your smartness and the way you want to pool this fund you could have received you fund...Don't make any mistake this time send the money

Quote:
i what you to help me i know you will never regreat of helping me my love.all the information you need to send the money there with you, so go ahead and send the money as you promise OK

Quote:
Now to avoid repeating what happened the last time,you must follow my instruction to the letters.You must make the payment tomorrow with the following information as stated below.

Quote:
just know that for you to send the moeny is nothing, is not for me is for you only and you are my son...i know you must sand me the recicit go ahand and send it turn my email box am waiting to hear form you

Quote:
You seem to me a very big joker Mr, Anthony mills.

Quote:
I TOLD YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS AND I DO NOT HAVE SUCH TIME TO WAIST WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU,GOOD YOU HAVE SHOWN ME THAT YOU ARE FULL OF LIES AND DO NOT THING OF THIS FUNDS ANY LONGER.

Here are a couple of recent emails I've gotten, asking about my continued silence:
Quote:
i don,t know why you have time so much to wast?

Quote:
Are you putting another story together to give me? I am still waiting for your email with the MTCN reference number.

Well, that's the whole script. That was fairly time-consuming, but it was good to look over my email history again. There have been about 3,000 lads' replies in total, so I could only post very small fraction of them. I think it provides a decent overview of the kinds of responses I got. In addition to what I posted, at nearly every phase of the script I received at least a few insults, requests to contact other characters and fill forms, emails re-iterating the payment details, and emails from confused scammers like this one.
Quote:
i do not understand all you have been saying you keep writing me series of lengthy email

In my next post, I'll show off some filled forms and fake trophy pics I received.

Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. To be honest, I was hoping for some more replies after my last (rather long) post, but I guess I'll have to go ahead and make this my second post in a row.

Below are a good portion of the forms I got filled out. There was one rather amusing form which had an instance of the lad writing "HELL NO" when asked if he had terrorist connections, but I couldn't find that particular one. I'm not an expert on the procedure for posting pictures, so I'm not sure if this is the best way to post them. Anyway, just click on a thumbnail to see it on Imageshack, then click the picture again to see a bigger version.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Now for the fake trophy pictures.

I could swear that one was made with a sign-maker that baiters sometimes use...I called him out on this fake, and he insulted my intelligence at first by insisting it was real. He later gave me a sort of non-apology and said he was too busy to take a picture.

WTF? Not only is it too small to see, not only is it fake, but he uses the wrong phrase! And not only does he use the wrong phrase, but it's so funny he may well have taken another baiter's trophy pic!

This lad didn't even have the courtesy of even pretending to take a picture with the required phrase on it....

Image Image
Although it's an above-average quality fake, I have a hard time believing the angry Nigerian I'm dealing with is the excited white guy in the picture. And why on Earth did he send me a picture of "him" in a bathing suit???

Last edited by Mega Bandit on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mega Bandit. the one in the speedo suit is hot for you. he's looking for a date. hehe Shocked not that there's anything wrong with that.

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Nero419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up bow_down

Great work! I love it.

"Search and Rescue Thread" <<<=== With Success!
Cellphone x 7 Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mega Bandit

I did not answer bcause I had a lot to read and think over and eehhm chew on your post. It is a huge bite.

Quote:
be honest, I was hoping for some more replies after my last (rather long) post, but I guess I'll have to go ahead and make

A great modality !!

Last edited by partysansky on Wed Jul 01, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

btw - since I use this signature - my reputation went from 1.2 to 0.7
(.. seen as a joker ?)
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@mega bandit-
Thanks for taking the time to post all this up.
I´ll be sifting through your responses for things to incorporate in my own ASEM experiment, with your permission, of course.
I´m very impressed by what you´ve done.
Lots of ladpain. Twisted Evil
As for the guy in the speedo, hmmm.
special treatment?

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

psychicbait wrote:
I´ll be sifting through your responses for things to incorporate in my own ASEM experiment, with your permission, of course.

By all means, use this material at your leisure. If you keep a good portion of the general content, though, I'd recommend changing around the wording and paraphrasing somewhat--I'll be sending out this script again, mostly unchanged, to more lads pretty soon, and they might catch on if two people sent them the exact same emails.

psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thanks for the good advise, mega bandit.
I´ll pm you my versions for your opinion.

Is anyone else working with ASEMs?

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
Kokomeister
Baiting Guru

Location: Wandering around the world with a sense of adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that's very impressive! I love how the lads responded so differently to it. Nice trophies by the way!

YOU ARE TOO SMALL, GO AHEAD WITH WHATEVER YOU THINK OR IMAGINED THAT YOU CAN DO TO ME, ONCE YOU TRY ONCE YOU WILL DIE HARD. YOU BETTER DON'T TRY ME AT ALL YOU FOOL- Mariam Abacha (6 months)
<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232044">[Current ongoing bait]</a>
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Exclusive prizes]</a>
Closed lad accounts x17 Goat Easter Egg 2011 Nigeria
Safari Auntie Tina- Lagos-Parakou-Tanguieta-Niamey-Tera-Mallanville-Lagos "well the story you read in children's fairytale story book when you are young is not the same as what is happing now."
dogsbum
NN's whore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is very clever stuff Mega Bandit. I really do like to see empirical research so that we can see if there are ways to improve our success with baiting.

This opens up a slew of interesting avenues to look at ... need to mull things over for a bit.

Could you indulge me on a few technical questions?

How to you grab so many scammer email addresses?
I use GMAIL. It's sole advantage is IP hiding. But it is a fucking dog as far as mass mailouts go. I have to painstakingly sift through my scam folder, copy suitable email addresses to a text file, and then go onto the next one. On a good day I can pull maybe 50 email addresses! About 5-10% of these are duds (permanent fatal errors).

And yet you routinely do mass mailouts of 3,000? Share dude ... how?

Have you considered doing any analysis of the target email addresses to see how many share the same domain, same ISP, same IP, same country (where this can be obtained) ... and then

Have you considered doing any analysis on strike rates for variations in style, length, etc by country?

I am seeing quite marked differences in strike rate (positive lad response) when I use ASEM's that look similar to ladgerian ones. Not exactly the same but short, upbeat and bullshitty.

The strike rate is higher for shorter intro letters and decreases rapidly the longer the initial ASEM. Strike rates go ballistic when a short initial letter is combined with a WIMP photo. I'm looking to see if this holds true for photos along similar touch-points (high interest, money, westy receipts etc)

Finally - has anyone ever considered using this AI techniques with this approach? There is an intro computer science example where students code set responses to human inputs. I might say something like "What is your name?" The program might respond, "I'm a pretty Teddy and thank you for noticing. Do you like to make lots of money?" and so on ... with a bit of modification, your idea might marry with this sort of AI front end and have lads wasting huge resources talking to nuts and bolts.

Most lads speak English poorly and struggle to understand what we say at the best of times. It seems to me that they may not twig onto an AI for some time ... and less likely when a real person comes into to lend ad-hoc personal attention.

I'll see if I can dig out the code and a study or two.

HTH ...

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Make a lad cry today and God will reward you.]</a>
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Zombie or Steward (real) returns - you decide.
Steward is a Delete sensitive material regarding identity - Steward

Exproba tuos pusiones saepe et quam saevissime!
(Slap lads often and as hard as possible!!)

Miseria et tardum letium omnibus factoribus doli!
(Woe and a slow death to all scammer lads!)
(Thanks Otterfan for the Latin)
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dogsbum wrote:

How to you grab so many scammer email addresses?

I use this fantastic list:

http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/scammer-email-addresses.html

419baiter is the place to go for all your mass ASEM needs. I simply copy about 450 email addresses and put them straight into Gmail's BCC. Gmail's limit is 500 per day. They are already formatted with commas in between, so it's very simple. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated since the end of January; that's a longer time between updates than usual. I hope it gets updated again soon.

Quote:
And yet you routinely do mass mailouts of 3,000?

Well, erm, only about 450 a day. Confused I think you must have misread (or I mistyped). I wish I could send out 3,000 a day! If you meant the "over 3,000" thing I mentioned, that was the total number of reply threads I got over the two months that I sent out my scripted messages--an approximation of my total responses from scammers. Maybe "reply thread" is the wrong term; Basically, I'm counting every stand-alone message a lad sent, in addition to every set of around 5-15 responses I got from various lads within the reply chain of a message I had sent--those who replied by clicking the "reply" button, rather than creating a new message. Counting that, there are probably a few dozen more individual messages than what I called "reply threads." I hope that's not confusing. Please bear with me, as I'm not familiar with proper email technical terms.
Anyway, I had three different groupings of (theoretically) about 450 lads each, for a total of somewhere around 1300 lads. Well, actually, one of the groups was rather smaller because of 419baiter taking a while to update at one time, so it may be as low as about 1100 lads. But, oh well. (EDIT: I checked the document. It is 1,197 lad emails.) Of those, about 150 lads responded at the bait's peak, during the dolla-chop phase. The words "I sent the money" really got their attention, probably including lads who were previously ignoring me. Smile
To keep track, I saved three lists of all their email addresses in a Word document, clearly labeled in bold as groups 1, 2, and 3. I alternated between the groups, generally sending a piece of the script to one group each weekday, making some simple notes on the document (which also included my script) so I could keep track of which pieces I'd sent to which groups of scammers. Over three weekdays, all the scammers would be sent a given message. I detail this process in an earlier post on page 1.

Quote:
Have you considered doing any analysis of the target email addresses to see how many share the same domain, same ISP, same IP, same country (where this can be obtained)
Have you considered doing any analysis on strike rates for variations in style, length, etc by country?

That's rather beyond my capabilities due to the amount of time it would consume, but I guess it's theoretically possible. I don't have any fancy software or anything, so I'd only be able to look at the headers one at a time in Gmail. Not practical for me, and I wouldn't have the resources to do any real analysis. I'm done with the Anth0ny M1les account for the script I recently finished, and I could use another account for my next scripted bait. I'm a little hesitant saying this, but if I can make absolutely sure the Anth0ny M1les account contains no references to my vast porn and drug trafficking rings, I could potentially give my username and password to a trusted technically proficient fellow baiter for analysis of the email messages within. Wink

Quote:
The strike rate is higher for shorter intro letters and decreases rapidly the longer the initial ASEM.

That's good to know. I may shorten my initial message to one sentence for future scripts.

Quote:
Finally - has anyone ever considered using this AI techniques with this approach?

At some point, another scambaiting site called the-ex-baiter had someone working on something like that. A search on the site didn't turn up much, but it may be worth looking into. Here's a couple of rather old links about it:

http://the-ex-baiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10086
http://the-ex-baiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19029
http://the-ex-baiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70175

Unfortunately, the guy behind it doesn't seem to have made a post since that last thread. Sad Who knows what became of him and the bot? Well, maybe somebody does.

Quote:
I'll see if I can dig out the code and a study or two.

I wish you the best of luck with that!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic